Ki-45 Toryu, Ki-96 and Ki-102

wotertool

I will rework this post in the coming days to make it up to date.

So guys. We don't have a topic but the plane on the Test Server. I guess we will recive the 4 versions of the Ki-45 with the next patch.

I'll add some screenies later and what I think about it. 

You can share your experience with it - or expections.

Have fun!

We have the Ki-45 (Test Server, Version 1.31.7.0)

The repair costs for all are below 1k in Arcade & 2k in HB & FRB

They have no cockpits.

Tier 4: ko:

2x Ho103 12,7mm MGs: 700 shots

1x Type 97 20mm cannon: 100 shots

40k credits to buy

Tier 5: otsu:

1x 20mm Type 97 - 50 shots

1x 37mm Type 94 - 16 shots

45k credits to buy

Tier 6: tei:

with 1x 37mm Ho-204 cannon as Schräge Musik, without any belts, and 2x mod 25 mark 2 - 250kg bombs

At the moment it shows 2x cannons but in the describtion it tells it has only 1

83k credits to buy

Tier 7: hei:

1x Type 97 20mm - 100 shots

1x Ho-203 37mm - 15 shots

130k credits to buy

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

Re-post - Can anyone check out the refire rate of the type 94 37mm gun on the Otsu? It was reloaded manually so it could historically fire at a whopping 2 rpm... The Ho-203 was autotomatic though.

• Upvote 1
medal

Re-post - Can anyone check out the refire rate of the type 94 37mm gun on the Otsu? It was reloaded manually so it could historically fire at a whopping 2 rpm... The Ho-203 was autotomatic though.

Why is it a repost? I used the search function, but I haven't found a Ki-45 topic.

Also, everytime when I pressed "Cannon fire" all cannons shot. The 37mm may not be so fast like the 20mm but I can unload the plane within seconds.

Why is it a repost? I used the search function, but I haven't found a Ki-45 topic.

Also, everytime when I pressed "Cannon fire" all cannons shot. The 37mm may not be so fast like the 20mm but I can unload the plane within seconds.

Nah, my post was a repost from the "new planes" thread. The Otsu has a fast refire rate as well? That's got to be a bug.

medal

He posted at "New Planes!" thread in News sub-forum. And he's right, Type-94 37mm Tank Cannon is manual-loading with 30 seconds per shot.

Nah, my post was a repost from the "new planes" thread. The Otsu has a fast refire rate as well? That's got to be a bug.

He posted at "New Planes!" thread in News sub-forum. And he's right, Type-94 37mm Tank Cannon is manual-loading with 30 seconds per shot.

Oh sorry then. But usually we also have a thread for our planes. I thought it's better to make 1 now for all questions than 15 for 1 question about the plane

• Upvote 1

Well, if someone would translate this, that would be great...

edit: actually, I'm not sure, this might be a Ki-46 (recon plane) chart...

[spoiler]ki45_2.jpg[/spoiler]

Well, it suggests about 12,5 m/s (average?) climb rate and the speed of around 350 mph/560 kph at what I'm guessing is 20.000 ft/~6000m for some versions. - 568 kph at 5,640 m to be precise.

medal

Well, if someone would translate this, that would be great...

edit: actually, I'm not sure, this might be a Ki-46 (recon plane) chart...

[spoiler]ki45_2.jpg[/spoiler]

Well, it suggests about 12,5 m/s (average?) climb rate and the speed of around 350 mph/560 kph at what I'm guessing is 20.000 ft/~6000m for some versions. - 568 kph at 5,640 m to be precise.

Yes It's for Ki-45. I'll translate it, please be patient. ;)s

The Ki-45 performs damn well in the dev server it's like an beaufighter with 50mm gun and YES it out turns yaks :3

medal medal medal

Well, surly this plane is not complete. Not only FM but even armament. The Hei model should have 2x20mm HO-5 + 1x37mm HO-203.

That also might be useful :

ki45info.png

I would give some info from Francilion, but in Ki-45 he was completly inaccurate. But I'm going to make small research. 

One way or another, it's nice we've got something. In Future it might be even useful XD XD 

medal medal

Guest P_H_Clostermann

Still going to fly this. It looks nice.

Well, if you can check also what I have posted GUNDAM. And of course very good job. 

This is what I've found in putnam about the last Ki-45 model. As I've mentioned Francilion wasn't accurate in that plane :

ki45putnam.png

But in game the Hei is also mentioned to deal with sea targets. So it has to be same model. Why it has incorrect armament than ?

• Upvote 2
medal medal

cant get it to 400km/h handles like a brick

edit, the tei toryu has 2 x 20 mm cannon mounted diagonally upward  and facing forward but dont fire at all. not only that but in the planes load out these 2 cannon are not mentioned at all. only the defensive mg in the rear and the 37mm cannon. why mount them if they dont work??

I have the feeling these planes were not ready and this is merely a peace offering to appease us the crying masses.

the flight model is broken, cant turn cant climb, cant reach 400km/h and not all its guns work...... NICE  :crazy:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

cant get it to 400km/h handles like a brick

edit, the tei toryu has 2 x 20 mm cannon mounted diagonally upward  and facing forward but dont fire at all. not only that but in the planes load out these 2 cannon are not mentioned at all. only the defensive mg in the rear and the 37mm cannon. why mount them if they dont work??

I have the feeling these planes were not ready and this is merely a peace offering to appease us the crying masses.

the flight model is broken, cant turn cant climb, cant reach 400km/h and not all its guns work...... NICE  :crazy:

maybe the devs decided not to enable guns that dont firee forward for some reason

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I killed a mig 9 with one of the ki45's, lol. Dove right on him, hit a 37 mil right in his wing and he went down.

• Upvote 3

Nope, 2-3 hits from Yak's Shvak cannon were enough to destroy Ki-45. Our plane is sluggish and gunners are so accurate lately ...

medal medal