Stona

Changes to vehicle Battle Ratings and Economy (17th October 2017)

We are planning to make few changes in the BR’s for ground vehicles and aircraft. A feature of this change will be multiple movements of vehicles within the research trees.

Until 26.10.2017, when purchasing the Jpz 4-5 and RakJPz 2 it will not be necessary to purchase the previous Sturer Emil SPG. It will be possible to continue the research of the Jpz 4-5 when it moves to the new branch if the research has already begun in its original position.

The Battle Rating and Economy changes will be applied on the 16th 17th of October.

Link to economy changes

Other changes:

• KV-1 ZiS-5 — Has been moved to the 3rd rank.
  • KV-1E — Position has been changed, has been moved to the 3rd rank under the soviet Sherman M4A2.
  • Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. H — Has been moved to the 2nd rank, after Nb.Fz.VI.
  • Pz.Kpfw. Churchill — Position has been changed, has been moved to the 3rd rank before Brummbar.
  • M22 and M5A1 — Vehicles have switched places in the research tree.
  • Т92 and М56 — Vehicles have switched places in the research tree.
  • Jpz 4-5 — Position has been changed and will now be after the Sturer Emil.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 24

Guys, as always, please try to refer to tables and if you want to suggest changes, support them with arguments.

Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

All so nice this time... i hope in future G56 will have a lower repair cost. right now i see few of them in general (very very few in a day), i hope that it will be used again if lowered.

PS: IS6 seems to be more fair now at 7.3 but question: it will be rank 5 now?

Stona (Posted )

No info on it, so - no rank change for IS-6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Very encouraging Gaijin! Lets hope Tier 6 repair costs are dramatically reduced.

IS-6 is the best BR change I can see.

:good:

Edit: You fixed tier 6 repair costs thankyou from all of us! If RP gains in Ground forces are increased you will have made alot of people very happy.

Edited by IIIGalahadIII
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi guys, one change I think is justified but isn't mentioned is the KV-122, I think this tank is compared similarly to the VK 4501P relative to the game- 

What I mean is that the VK 4501P is a worse tiger, and is at 5.3- while the KV-122 is a worse IS-2 but is still at 5.7, being an expensive premium I think it deserves to be put down to 5.3, as it's a lot less maneuverable, and easier to kill than the IS-2, which has a near identical role in the game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 8

Why is the Maus/E-100 at 8.0 in RB now? And why doesn't it say that it changed?

Otherwise the BR changes look promising, especially the Walker Bulldog one. Good job.

Stona (Posted )

There are no changes for Maus and E-100. Check game mode before you check BR in game.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal

Looks good overall, but i think lowering the Leopard 1, STB-1 and M60 to 7.7 is a bit over the top considering that top tier was also increased to 9.0 (i haven't played my Leopard after the patch, maybe it is useless against top tier atm)

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, IIIGalahadIII said:

Very encouraging Gaijin! Lets hope Tier 6 repair costs are dramatically reduced.

They are o_o Awesome changes in general, just the STB I'm not too sure about

Edited by LawrenceNL
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, Stona said:

Guys, as always, please try to refer to tables and if you want to suggest changes, support them with arguments.

Thanks!

I like the looks of the changes, however I would if possible like to know the reasoning behind the BR drop of the Type 61? I always thought it was doing fine at 7.0 so there must be some reason I haven't heard of for it to go down .3 BR, please let me know if you know!

Stona (Posted )

If the BR was dropped it means that it was not doing as good as you thought it was ;)

2 minutes ago, *the_Stalker_of_s said:

Why is the Maus/E-100 at 8.0 in RB now? And why doesn't it say that it changed?

Otherwise the BR changes look promising, especially the Walker Bulldog one. Good job.

>There are no changes for Maus and E-100.

Is it a mistake then? 

Stona (Posted )

What mistake? I really do not understand what you mean.
medal medal medal

Very well needed changes to the Valentine, Matilda and Churchill there. Their armour should hopefully count for a bit more now. Excellent change that I think a lot of people 'called', they'll be happy to see it went through.

I do admit though, it's so weird seeing the T-54 so far above the Centurion Mk10 in battle rating when one looks at history. In game is in game and balance is balance of course, but it's just a weird perception to think of Centurions having to uptier to face their at best contemparies.

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, *the_Stalker_of_s said:

>There are no changes for Maus and E-100.

Is it a mistake then? 

It says that the Maus and the E-100 are 8.0's in the BR changes document, which made me confused. 

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vS5CKu9UCyYIPtFlXiV3FTdZSI3qCLODJ7jHHSnsNM305VCS6AvPXHFjngboW8YWQ_eQyE2U9a_YZfQ/pubhtml#

E-100 8.0 8.0                                            

Maus 8.0 8.0

Sorry that it looks kinda bad. 

Stona (Posted )

Visualization tables should be fixed now.
medal medal medal

I will just (once again) point out that when the repair cost of a particular vehicle becomes very high, the players who could potentially lower its statistics (poor KDR etc) will just stop playing said vehicle because they can't afford the losses. Therefore, that vehicle is thereafter "doomed" to become a rare sight in battle, played only by highly proficient players, who will keep its stats high, so the costs will keep increasing, and so on. 

In example, as @BlueBeta said above, the G56 (and now also the G55s.I) will now probably be seen very rarely in RB... 

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Woland3675 said:

The Conqueror is shown as 7.7 in RB for both before and after changes, yet it's not in the list of changes above. Is it really 7.7 or is that a typo?

It's a visualization. CHANGES are listed in table visible in 1st post.

T-55A going up in br? Is this a joke? It should be same br as M60A1 and leo a1a1a1! And chif mk3 staying on 8.0?!?

Stona (Posted )

Why
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal

2 minutes ago, Chlupata_veverka said:

This is Joke?? 

You mean your post? I think it is. It is a bad joke, not funny, I will even risk and say - useless. Yes, your post can be considered as a joke. Bad one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 16

the google doc says Maus and E-100 are 8.0 in RB and that the E-100 is 8.0 in AB but not the Maus

Stona (Posted )

Check 1st post table, not visualization.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Most of these changes look great, although I'm not sure about the Leopard, STB and M60 to 7.7.

Then there's the increase of repair costs to Japanese planes again? Why? They're high enough already seriously, and the G.56 too? 30,000 lions? That's more than the Hunter after the change. :016:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Ah so the tier 6 vehicles are no longer money drains, good call

and the Leoperd 1 and its unstabilised gun are finally dropped while the IS-6 is raised

time to HEATFS the heck out of those IS-6s =P

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal

good changes overall
I however would bring the Maus and E100 down to 7.3
because even as toptier all nations have tanks that can beat their armor. and they are slow.
as of now they still struggle a bit on some maps.

and now that we have T5 prems I would bring the IS-6 up to T5 to end it dominating Squadron battles.

Edited by Iron_physik
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 11

What about F-82E which has BR 5.0 in RB?

This airplane is better than any fighter with similar BR.

Speed: 670 km/h at sea level and 740 km/h at 5000m ALT - even airplanes with BR 6.0 are slower, for example first F8F-1, F7F-1, La-9, Seafire FR 47, J7W1 or Ki-84 Hei.

Climb rate: 3:40 min to climb from sea level to 5000m ALT with fuel set to 30min - it also gets an airspawn and thanks to that after first 5 minutes it can climb even up to 7000m ALT, german, italian or russian airplanes have no chance of outclimbing it.

Armament: 6x12mm Browning + 8x12mm gunpod - it can take out any airplane in h2h situation (even Fw-190), especially when has installed additional MGs.

Turn rate: similar to Fw-190 or only a little worse

With that it's able to dominate battles against airplanes with similar Battle Rating, I saw a lot of players with more than 3 kills and situations when no one was able to catch it in straight line, outclimb it or win h2h against them. It's just too good and should get BR 5.7 or 6.0 because has similar performance to heavy fighters like Hornet MK 3 or F7F-1/3 (both are a little slower than F-82E).

Edited by RideR2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal