Chieftain MK 10

1 hour ago, Razielkaine said:

Don't agree with Japan,  right now they are in better place at top tier then the brits for versatility. 

Type 90 is better than Challenger,i do not argue that but if you die in your chally you can still come back in 3 Chieftains at your disposal

Germany has Leo 2K, MBT 70 and Leo A1A1 to back Leo 2A4 up

Russia has…. T64 71, T55, T62M1, T62, T10M, Object 906

France has literally Nothing as a back up so is unplayable at high tier.

Japan only has Type 74.

USA has MBT 70, XM 803, M60 Rise P, XM 1 (everybody bought it)

Edited by Tantor57
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, barto667 said:

By far the chieftain mk10 is much better, despite the challenger's buff he still lacks many things. In the future or when they update it to the mk3 it could be competitive, but at the moment it is a museum tank or only for certain maps.

So then what's the Chieftain Mk. 10 got that the Challenger doesn't?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

So then what's the Chieftain Mk. 10 got that the Challenger doesn't?

UFP armour? it's set a pretty ridiculous angle so the LoS thickness is very high. Like if you go to protection analysis you'll see that even T-64B HEAT-FS isn't a reliable choice for the UFP of  Chieftain. This is consistent for most HEAT-FS rounds against the UFP. This may not sound very helpful be against a stock top tier player such as the Leo 2K/A4 this could possible come in handy. 

Edited by gomine123
Grammar
medal

52 minutes ago, gomine123 said:

UFP armour? it's set a pretty ridiculous angle so the LoS thickness is very high. Like if you go to protection analysis you'll see that even T-64B HEAT-FS isn't a reliable choice for the UFP of  Chieftain. This is consistent for most HEAT-FS rounds against the UFP. This may not sound very helpful be against a stock top tier player such as the Leo 2K/A4 this could possible come in handy. 

Chief's UFP hasn't been reliable for a very, very long while, and even if it were actually better, that still wouldn't make up for the vastly inferior mobility, inferior firepower, worse gun handling, worse... basically everthing.

And yes, I know you're not saying the Chieftain 10 is better :P

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Necrons31467 said:

Chief's UFP hasn't been reliable for a very, very long while, and even if it were actually better, that still wouldn't make up for the vastly inferior mobility, inferior firepower, worse gun handling, worse... basically everthing.

And yes, I know you're not saying the Chieftain 10 is better :P

Balls if I know then Chally is at a higher BR for a reason after all.

medal

The Challenger is vastly better than the Mk. 10, you can still play the latter with a fair degree of success in terms of kills - however the size of the mobility gap is so huge that you are forced to play defensively for the entire game, if your team push through successfully you will contribute nothing and if they all die you may get a few kills but ultimately will just be the last to die.

medal medal medal

19 hours ago, HammyTheHamster1 said:

The Challenger is vastly better than the Mk. 10, you can still play the latter with a fair degree of success in terms of kills - however the size of the mobility gap is so huge that you are forced to play defensively for the entire game, if your team push through successfully you will contribute nothing and if they all die you may get a few kills but ultimately will just be the last to die.

defensive seems to be the only option with UK after tier 4, or just sit at spawn and wait for the spawn campers to show. i'll never go beyond 7.0 its the last br UK seems to be playable.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Chieftain = bouncy turret on paper hull - made to fight from hull down positions in Germany, and that's the best way to fight all of them in WT too - keep the hull out of view - it is NOT a maneuver tank!!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, P0rcup1ne said:

defensive seems to be the only option with UK after tier 4, or just sit at spawn and wait for the spawn campers to show. i'll never go beyond 7.0 its the last br UK seems to be playable.

In Conqueror and the Chieftains yes, though literally sitting in spawn is a vast exaggeration - even for the mk.10 which has it worst of all.

In the Challenger you can be fairly aggressive (though that doesn't mean not using terrain properly).

The playstyle can get a little dull though I agree, sadly there are just some huge gaps in the British tree with nothing. Adding some light tanks and additional Vickers models for example would really spice it up.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
On 05/10/2018 at 18:51, Iraphoen said:

yup. this is realistic on test drive. no modifications present, almost aced crew.

I think there's something funny about test drive, I don't get problems anything like as severe playing the Mk. 3 or 5.

medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to still be pretty bad, will make a montage soon of all shells that have dispersed miles.

Took me 8 shells to kill one particular enemy from 800m because the shell wasn't going where I was aiming it :///

hopefully it'll be better when i finally get round to actually playing it to unlock adjustment of fire, but right now with apds its... not really worth it in my eyes

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

I just unlocked it yesterday. Is it still viable currently?

So far, i've always get matched into top tier, and the map rotation been pretty bad in my last few game, mostly Poland. It's quite a painful experience... Shot went all over the place, Stock shell have a hard time against the composite MBTs, and turret armor can't resists APFSDS most of the time :(

I ended up just trying to rush into cap on my last few game, just to try to get a few research point (while failing quite horribly most of the time due to slow speed)

Any tips?

I'm thinking to go back to Chief Mk.3, seems to be in the better place atm, at least the gun and the turret armor are quite reliable on 8.3, so i can hull down and lockdown an area properly

medal medal medal medal

it is horrible stock. Without the engine upgrade and APFSDS only it has the same fate as the Leopard A1A1 (stock). Only the fully upgraded version can do some reasonable stuff at its BR.

Yo uare slower than your enemy and you mostly have a gun with less damage output. If yo ureally want to play it, try to fit the role of a support tank from a rather save distance where your hull is not exposed too much. Or - as long as you are stock, go full xxxx and play as aggressive as possible, surprising enemies with actions that they won't expect from a Chieftain. The only thing you want at this point is research points to upgrade the tank as fast as possible. Statistics are irrelevant at this point

2 hours ago, Spitfire722 said:

I just unlocked it yesterday. Is it still viable currently?

Nope

You exclusively get uptiered to 10.0 where L23 is only an "upgrade" to stop your shell from shattering on sideskirts and you pay 800+SL per shot for it

And you've discovered its slow

Uptiering the Warrior with MILAN 2s is infinitely more viable than the Chief 10 currently

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Rainbowprincess said:

it is horrible stock. Without the engine upgrade and APFSDS only it has the same fate as the Leopard A1A1 (stock). Only the fully upgraded version can do some reasonable stuff at its BR.

Yo uare slower than your enemy and you mostly have a gun with less damage output. If yo ureally want to play it, try to fit the role of a support tank from a rather save distance where your hull is not exposed too much. Or - as long as you are stock, go full xxxx and play as aggressive as possible, surprising enemies with actions that they won't expect from a Chieftain. The only thing you want at this point is research points to upgrade the tank as fast as possible. Statistics are irrelevant at this point

I guess i'll try to do that. Stats be damned lol It's already **** at this point xD

11 hours ago, *RAazzy91 said:

Nope

You exclusively get uptiered to 10.0 where L23 is only an "upgrade" to stop your shell from shattering on sideskirts and you pay 800+SL per shot for it

And you've discovered its slow

Uptiering the Warrior with MILAN 2s is infinitely more viable than the Chief 10 currently

Ahh.. :(

The tank looks awesome tho... I guess i'll try to unlock L23 and Gun adjustment, and see how it goes.

If it's still painful to play, i guess i'll go back to Chief Mk.3 and grind out the Warrior to accompany my Mk.3 on BR 8.3 xP

Edited by Spitfire722
medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

I am baffled how the chieftain mk10 is 9.3. It is so horribly bad I won't even try to describe. Everything about it is inadequate. Every single time I spawn into the game I get the urge to uninstall the game. Literally obscene stock grind if you take into account how slow/inaccurate/fragile this piece of * is compared to anything in it's br range.

Try compare chieftain mk10 to the xm 1 which is .3 br lower and absolutely crushes this piece of * tank with even having a 260 SL apfsds compared to the !!!!!820!!!! SL(the chieftan shell is better but it doesn't count for **** in the long run, it isn't sufficiently better).

This piece of * tank(chieftain mk10) is .3 lower than the leo 2k which again is an absolute joke as well. I honestly bounced more shells in my leo 2k off the turret than the piece of * chieftan mk10, mobility had something to do with it as you are hard to hit precisely in the leo2k, the turret armor on the mk10 is useless dogshit.

AND NOW TO TAKE A CATACLYSMIC DUMP of an insult on the chieftain mk10 we got the new british(israeli) premium tank Sho't Kal Dalet at !!!!!!!  8.3  !!!!!!!

ARE YOU F KIDDING ME? WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT?

For all intents and purposes the israeli tank is where the shitstain mk10 belongs. They have basically the same armor(no armor considering the type of shells fired at 9.3)   AND the israeli tank gets a SLIGHTLY BETTER, FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE APFSDS shell at 8.3, AND it has better mobility to top it off AND it has like 50 thousand machine guns.

Not even gonna touch on the russians... if after playing and reading the stuff above anyone is convinced chieftain mk10 is 9.3 worthy... hopeless.

• Thanks 3
medal medal

• 5 months later...

Geez, took my mk10 yesterday to play with a friend... Can't believe it still sits at 9.0. Chieftains (all variants) need BR change ASAP.

Talking about chief mk10, ot has zero advantages compared to other vehicles with APFSDS that are at lower BRs (A1A1, T-55, and many premium tanks).

Gaijin should be ashamed to leave mk10 at 9.0. We need either a BR reduction or decompression.

medal medal medal medal

It does need a BR reduction but it's turret is still pretty good! I think iys mainly because people just think its a normal chieftain and shoot at the old reliable spots. Can survive hits from the old 10.0s sometimes 

medal medal

2 hours ago, DrPhibes1 said:

It does need a BR reduction but it's turret is still pretty good! I think iys mainly because people just think its a normal chieftain and shoot at the old reliable spots. Can survive hits from the old 10.0s sometimes 

Yeah, the turret is fine at 9.0, but being constantly dragged to 10.0 matches, it means nothing :/

Not to mention, by the time you are leaving respawn area, you get smoked by fast tanks.

Edited by VeNoMxBR
medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...

can someone tell me why the gun on this tank specificaly is so BAD. i counce literally 70% of my shots. yesterday 3 shots bounced of t44 turret side on at about 20 metres. same today to an is6

wrong thread sorry

Edited by Razielkaine
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Baron_Tiberius said:

You bounced off the side of a t-44 turret with the chief 10? Did you aim at the tank?

oh i must apologize.  I was so angry at the time i didnt realise id posted in chieftain mk 10.  i was looking for centurion mk 10 thread. please ignore.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal