Chieftain MK 10

I have the mk.10 since yesterday and unlike some say here my turret armor actually works. Managed to bounce T-64 and mbt APFSDS. Some of them even at point blank. xD

But I'm with all of those who say it does not go with the usual 9.0 meta. But that's okay because you still can make it work if you are some kind of defensive player who likes it slow and well thought movements. And that's totally my playstyle (I despise the Leopard)

The cannonbarrel is indeed pretty weak. Had a match where a Gepard spaa surprised me. He took  shot and immediatley my barrel was black. And it is actually vulnerable to ATGMS. I don't mind taking fire from APFDS, I manage to bounce them. But ATGMS often hit my cupola and that always kills one or two crew member and the breech....

Another thing is the mobility. I only have the new air filter so far and the tank refues to traverse when being in second gear after a few seconds, when the intertia is taking over. Then one track is just rotating but nothing happens.

Edited by Rainbowprincess
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think you must change the topic name to Chieftain MK10 first impressions after APFSDS.. 

Because it's changing everything and make the tank very competitive specially against T64's and others of course. So if you use it as a right way you can destroy at least 5 enemy tanks per the game. You just need to aim in middle of the target and fire.

medal medal medal

5 days ago I got back to Mk10 from researching of MBT-70.

I guess, I won't go back to MBT-70 for a long while, because gameplay with it is not as fun and rewarding as is with Chieftain.

My horrible 0.7 KD ratio is now around 1.0 and still growing. The tank is just amazing. 

It's not like you can take out something out of the sky, but give Mk10 cupola MG (Mk3 and 5 has it) and I am a happy man.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Armor works but why isnt the commanders cupola still fixed like T95(USA)??? Every APCBC or ATGM one shots the Mk.10 from the cupola and a maus just one shotted me from 800 meters from this cupola. Why cant this be fixed like T95? I could one shot T95 with my jagdtiger from its commanders cupola but now it seems fixed. Why are we still suffering on chieftain? Isnt the xxxx modelled turret armor enough? I cant keep my cool anymore soory guys but ive been playing warthunder for more than 4 years and its really making me mad seeing a single thing not getting fixed for nearly 2 years ( since mk.3 came out) .

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 hours ago, DrWhiskey said:

Armor works but why isnt the commanders cupola still fixed like T95(USA)??? Every APCBC or ATGM one shots the Mk.10 from the cupola and a maus just one shotted me from 800 meters from this cupola. Why cant this be fixed like T95? I could one shot T95 with my jagdtiger from its commanders cupola but now it seems fixed. Why are we still suffering on chieftain? Isnt the xxxx modelled turret armor enough? I cant keep my cool anymore soory guys but ive been playing warthunder for more than 4 years and its really making me mad seeing a single thing not getting fixed for nearly 2 years ( since mk.3 came out) .

They don't fix anything I'am just tired, between this, Fragmentation penetrating when it should not, Solid shot exploding when turned black, incorrect transmission, APHE doing nuke damage... And the list goes on. 

medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, RSanders said:

Tell me please that the tank gets better when you research APFSDS

Hell yes, the APFSDS makes this tank actually playable! And don't forget to research the rangefinder.

Edited by Jagdel
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/31/2017 at 7:17 PM, RSanders said:

Tell me please that the tank gets better when you research APFSDS

It sure does.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

When all the Rank 6 tanks came out in the patch that introduced them i could have researched the T-64, XYZ-70's or the M60A1 but i chose the Chieftain Mk 10 and i do not regret my decision. In my opinion it is a very underrated tank and can often catch people by surprise with its strong APFSDS round, quick reload and strong turret armor. If you have the right play style this tank is very rewarding.

Edited by xShurikeNx
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, *gaelan said:

Why does the MK 10 have to grind to tier 3 modifications to get its apfsds round while the T64 has apfsds stock, heat fs as a tier 1 modification and then the other apfsds at tier 2

the question should be: why isnt apds fixed by now?

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, zuadao said:

Just imagine... you are a russian hero in your soviet masterpiece tank. You realy wanna play without your advantages? You realy wanna play in a fair, balanced game vs NATO? Nope you dont want to... thats why apds aint fixed, thats why hesh is totally useless. ;) I guess nato made and use garbage ammo in their tanks but the russians... ohh man the soviet warriors and scientists are AWESOME!!!!

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

On 17/01/2018 at 11:05 PM, zuadao said:

That's like asking if we can have fire control systems, the Russians would suffer massively so no.

To be fair, twe Brits would become unstoppable if we had decent size maps, properly modelled ammunition and FCS.

And I'm all for British bias.

• Upvote 2
medal

Anyone else spotted that the Chieftain's main gun accuracy is all over the bloody place? The groupings are everywhere, and it's incredibly inaccurate, even with all the modifications researched, and crew set to max!

• Upvote 3
medal medal

3 hours ago, RSanders said:

Anyone else spotted that the Chieftain's main gun accuracy is all over the bloody place? The groupings are everywhere, and it's incredibly inaccurate, even with all the modifications researched, and crew set to max!

Just like all transmissions going round corners, it is based on values taken from the t34 so it losses loads of speed in corners and the gun can't hit a barn door from the inside.

medal

4 hours ago, RSanders said:

If anyone has clips you can add them to this, this is the gun that has a thermal sleeve to keep the gun from cooling on one side and affecting it's accuracy and has an muzzle reference system on the mk10 that shows the guner if the barrel is out of alignment in any way so that he can correct his fire, yet it still has inconsistencies in repeat fire accuracy even after getting the modifications that are supposed to turn off rng

Edited by *gaelan
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

From my experience, russian guns tend to have great accuracy and you can easilly aim at weakspots at long range. I have chieftain mk3 and gun behaves a little shotgunny at long range, what saves is the high pen.

I have no russian tanks with apfsds but murican apfsds is a one pellet shotgun that even messes accuracy at CLOSE range :crazy:

• Upvote 1
medal medal

2 minutes ago, Dolan_teh_duk said:

From my experience, russian guns tend to have great accuracy and you can easilly aim at weakspots at long range. I have chieftain mk3 and gun behaves a little shotgunny at long range, what saves is the high pen.

I have no russian tanks with apfsds but murican apfsds is a one pellet shotgun that even messes accuracy at CLOSE range :crazy:

The only thing affecting Russian accuracy is the sight zoom level 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Gelesztaa changed the title to Chieftain MK 10