Sign in to follow this  
AgentJamesBond

[0060290] TBF-1c Ammo for offensive .50 cals incorrect

Simply, the current wing mounted .50s in the TBF -1c are at ammo count of 300rds each, should be increased to  310rds each

I got my hands on an original TBF/TBM 1 pilots manual (note the TBF and TBM are the same plane, the F is for the TB's built by Grumman, and the M is for the TB's built by Martin) so the TBF and TBM are the same plane built by different people, anyways, 

Source: Original Pilots manual https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/grumman-avenger-tbf-1-pilots-handbook.38589/

Note: this manual does cover the 1c version of the aircraft. The 1c version was the version with the wing mounted 50 cals. this manual covers that here so the bomb load universally for all models of TBF-1 (below for reference)

TBF1-C_.50_cal_guns.thumb.png.0fed0f641c 

Update** new source with supporting information.

I looked at another manual of the next closes thing I could find to the TBF-1. It was the manual for the TBM-3. It also has 50 cals. Note that it has a 320 rd capacity for each gun as 280 are stored in the containers in the wings and the remaining 40 are stored in the chutes connecting the guns to the containers. Thus I think the similar odd number of 310 rds for the TBF-1 comes from the 280 rds stored in the wings and the 30 rds stored in the chutes connecting the guns to the containers. I conclude that the difference between the models TBF-1 and TBM-2 is most likely the difference in distance between the containers and the gun , thus the chutes in the TBM model carry an extra 10 rds. 

Source: http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/grumman/tbmavenger/an-01-190eb-1-pilot-s-handbook-of-flight-operating-instruction-tbm-3-airplane.html

TBM_front_guns.png.d6a63a82b17501833b588

I think it is whollistically accurate to trust the TBF-1 manual that it has front guns of 310 rds. and should be increased from the current value of 300 rds that the game portrays. 

medal

Good.

A second manual of course will nail this.

Although a single operators manual is very good, we strongly want to have backing evidence.

PS: if you downloaded this online, please link location.

Ok.

0060290 tracking number assigned and report forwarded to forwarded to the developers.

Thank you for your help improving the game.  

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  

After this time the report will remain active but will be archived.

It will also serve as a place where the developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.

archived