DisconnecT83

Update 09.08.2017 (1.69.4.87)

shot%202017_6423e88b95bc78d53e9c66967212

Artistic Screenshot prepared by danielevicius and uploaded to Live.Warthunder

• A bug which would cause the crosshair in sniper view to move whilst aiming at an obstacle in specific tanks has been fixed.  
  • The ability to bind specific sight range controls in the tank control settings has been added.  
  • Client stability has been improved.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 8

Would be nice to go a bit more in detail:

It should be this way:

Sight control:  - Fixed, operational as intended

- Added ability to use scrollwheel

medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, DisconnecT83 said:

The ability to bind specific sight range controls in the tank control settings has been added.  

can anyone explain to me what changed in this regard? It seem more like a fix of bugs we had recently than new feature but maybe I am missing somehting

medal medal medal

FINALLY, i can use the sight distance control with my mousewheel!

thank you very much for this seemingly minor change, it is very helpful 

o7

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, DisconnecT83 said:

A bug which would cause the crosshair in sniper view to move whilst aiming at an obstacle in specific tanks has been fixed.

Does this mean that the T-55 sights are now actually in the middle of the crosshair?

3 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:
  • The ability to bind specific sight range controls in the tank control settings has been added.  

Could you explain this a little further? How does it work and how do we set it up?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

The ability to bind specific sight range controls in the tank control settings has been added.  

Sounds nice!!

What does that consist of?? I mean, how it is and how does it works??:dntknw: 

medal medal medal medal

Thx you for this i hope it works fine now, it was a pain to have to calculate by hand the exact metrics of each approximate distances.

6 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

BTW is there any possibilities that at one point there will be an automated laser sight distance in the optics of modern tanks that had them ? Pretty please. <3

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

Does this mean , if you have a tank with two separate cannon, they there will be a second aimpoint?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

A bug which would cause the crosshair in sniper view to move whilst aiming at an obstacle in specific tanks has been fixed.

I reported that like 8 months ago and it wasn't accepted, thank god it's finally fixed, I was starting to think it was a intentional feature

This video I made 8 months ago show what happened with some tanks (offset when you aimed at something close)

This bug was really annoying when aiming for small weakspots at close range and I missed many shots because of it

medal medal medal

Does this mean I can increase the zoom level while sniping in ground forces AB? Where is the button for this in the settings?

The ability to bind specific sight range controls in the tank control settings has been added. I can't seem to find out what this means as I can't seem to find any difference in the sight distance control from before. 

I tried to download the update but it doesn't download and just says 'an error occurred'. What is happening? Is it the update or is it my computer?

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

Please use this forum section to get assistance with your problem: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/597-crashes-connection-update-problems-and-advice/
medal

21 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

If this is the sight range control option, then it's been there for a while now. I checked the game and can't really find anything new about this setting. What exactly has changed and how will it work?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, DNCMF036 said:

If this is the sight range control option, then it's been there for a while now. I checked the game and can't really find anything new about this setting. What exactly has changed and how will it work?

It was working but was buggy (I'm talking about the PS4 here) and had problems returning to default. The setting has since changed so that it's now a relative control (instead of absolute) which should be the correct type of control for setting sight distance.

On 10/8/2017 at 2:57 AM, DNCMF036 said:

You can bind the mouse wheel now to use the sight range controls. But you don't set it in the sight range control option, instead you change it in the mouse wheel setting for tanks.

On 8/9/2017 at 10:06 AM, RadBaron said:

Does this mean , if you have a tank with two separate cannon, they there will be a second aimpoint?

I thought we already had that.   I remember the M3 Lee in particular, had two indicators.  One big, one small, for the big and small guns.