Sign in to follow this  
valkyrie_SAS141

Offline mode

You can make a suggestion in the suggestion forum. 

I wouldn't get my hopes up though, since it always have  been an online only game.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

A bit to the side, but ----
Gajin has a game Wings of Prey that I have picked up cheap and used for this purpose (traveling in remote areas wNo internet). I know it is not the same or free (still cheap).

Might be worth a try.

medal medal medal medal

Would be nice to see developers catering to offline games.  There have been times where I wanted to play a game and didn't have internet.  Most games nowadays require internet connectivity, though.

medal medal medal medal

I too travel a lot to remote areas often and would love it if there was an offline option.  Even if it was just for Pacific campaign.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It will never happen. Offline mode would mean losing control of the server side code, and enterprising people (like me) who are capable of reverse engineering software will immediately unveil all of Gaijin's dirty little secrets. Now, if they issued a 'clean' client side package, other astute players would immediately notice any differences and raise the question of why this client side does X but the server side doesn't...

.... plus, all your opponents would be Assault Arcade grades of superhuman AI. You know, the ones that land 100% of their shots on you from a BT-5 bouncing at top speed across bumpy ground.

Long story short, doing so would be a fatal headache for the company.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, mfree80286 said:

all your opponents would be Assault Arcade grades of superhuman AI. You know, the ones that land 100% of their shots on you from a BT-5 bouncing at top speed across bumpy ground.

It's like people are not playing Assault. If paying attention, it can be seen that many AI tanks actually miss a lot. But if you have 10-15 tanks looking at you, and if 1/10 shots do hit, you will be hit.

I wouldn't mind some offline mode, even with Assault AI. Something to mess around with when internet is down or missing.

Edited by Arium
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 04/05/2019 at 11:40, mfree80286 said:

It will never happen. Offline mode would mean losing control of the server side code, and enterprising people (like me) who are capable of reverse engineering software will immediately unveil all of Gaijin's dirty little secrets. Now, if they issued a 'clean' client side package, other astute players would immediately notice any differences and raise the question of why this client side does X but the server side doesn't...

.... plus, all your opponents would be Assault Arcade grades of superhuman AI. You know, the ones that land 100% of their shots on you from a BT-5 bouncing at top speed across bumpy ground.

Long story short, doing so would be a fatal headache for the company.

It's true, i knew had something to do with hack stuff, but please, they can put single-player stuff in other client, something like that don't they? Like was the previews game, Wings of Prey. I've about to lose internet for few mouths and would love to simulate with bots, missions.

Sign in to follow this