aizenns

ID:0059341/ID:0059343 21/07/2017 Ki-67 should have Armor.

In game, Ki-67 series don't have any armor but in history they have it.

*game screenshot

Spoiler

8YHEUp9.jpgMZdyHXq.jpg

This is a Ki-67's "Air weapon name table" (maybe parts name table in manual.) Typo fixes Table.

In this sheet, there are description about Bulletproof device. In this section there are Bulletproof steel plate(防弾鋼板) and Glass. There are no word bulletproof glass(防弾ガラス), but this section is about Bulletproof device, so I guess this "glass" is bulletproof glass.

Source: Japan National Archives

Creating department: 陸軍省陸軍航空審査部満州第237部隊/ Ministry of Army, Army Air Examining Division, Manchuria No. 237 unit

https://www.digital.archives.go.jp/DAS/meta/listPhoto?LANG=default&BID=F0000000000000218497&ID=&TYPE=&NO=

hdn54Dw.jpgWhpOZxA.jpg

Sorry, in this image I write "Grass", but in correctly its a "Glass", sorry.

Edited by aizenns
fix typo
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi aizenns,

Thanks for the report.

I will read, investigate and get back to you shortly,

Cheers,

KotA

• Upvote 1

Do you know where all the bulletproof-glass and armor-plates are, i did only found this

Source: Famous Airplanes of the World, No. 98 Mitsubishi Army Type 4 Heavy Bomber Ki-67 ''Hiryu'' (Peggy), YUZAWA, Yutaka, ed., Bunrindo Co., Ltd., Tokyo (2003)

596f6abba467e_098MitsubishiArmyType4Heav

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, KnightoftheAbyss said:

Hi aizenns,

Thanks for the report.

I will read, investigate and get back to you shortly,

Cheers,

KotA

I can also provide three different English-language sources that mention "armour," but don't have specific armour layouts if you would like to see them? I have also seen a US intel report inspecting a crashed Ki-67 that specifically mentioned 13mm armoured seats and headrests for both pilots at the minimum. I will try to find it again.

medal

Thanks for the additional information.

US Document. Confirming the presence of armour for both pilots at least. I have seen Japanese documents, like the one in the OP, that claim there was more:
https://www.scribd.com/document/329540277/e-Taic-s-15-Technical-Data-Ki-67-Peggy

Mention of crew armour:

Spoiler

59700a1164bdb_BueschelKi-67.thumb.jpg.64

59700a0b66fa3_BueschelKi-672.thumb.jpg.2

59700a0f12eb5_BueschelKi-673.thumb.jpg.7

Mention of "western standard of protection." The context of the sentence heavily implies the presence of crew armour, though aviation books really need to start getting better at these kinds of specifics:

Spoiler

59700a21ce6c3_JarrettWWIIAircraft1.thumb

59700a2388a3d_JarrettWWIIAircraft2.thumb

59700a24f37b7_JarrettWWIIAircraft3.thumb

Mention of good protection once again. Vague as always:

francillon ki-67.pdf

• Upvote 1
medal

11 hours ago, MrMG42 said:

Do you know where all the bulletproof-glass and armor-plates are, i did only found this

Sorry, at least in JACAR I can't find it. But, this document is included "Returned Documents". Documents in this group was returned from US parliament library in 1948, so I guess manual or weapon name table are in USA, and there documents will have armor layout data.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello!
         Thank you for your help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the developers and the tracking number is: ID:0059341   ko

ID:0059343   otsu

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  
After this time the report will remain active but will be archived.

It will also serve as a place where the developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.

• Upvote 1

Archived