Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abetter1

Americans are unplayable

146 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Rclz said:

Abetter is trolling, there is no way somebody could say things like this and actually believe what he says is true.

Im starting to agree on that (after a quick skim over)

And for those who say its op: A friend and I managed to win a 2v6 against 3 G.55s a german P-47, Fw 190 (couldve been sonething else) and a Bf 109 G-2. We were in P-51 Hispano variants.

All we had to do was play smart, dont turnfight just dive on the target tear them to shreads, then drag em into the vertical, and if not, just extend at a shallow climb.

P-47s can do this, F4Us can sometimes do this, and P-51s can certainly do it.

And with 200 kills in my G.55, it truely is a L2P issue. I've seen P-51s, F4Us, and P-47s turnfight me constantly...

Ive even killed spitfires who thought me as easy bait. The ones i kill often ignore flaps, i would often bring it to a low speed dogfight, where a G.55/56 and a clipped spit are near equals. (But thats from my experience in it.)

And like said earlier a Spit IX climbs around the same/better, turns better, and (though i havent tested) seems to keep energy better (may be wrong)

Edited by ShadowTrooper001

The only times I've ever had trouble dealing with G55s is when they are diving on me. It really surprised me how well they dive. But a remedy to that problem is simple, don't let them get above you.

20 hours ago, xBromanx said:

-snip-

Mr. USA fanboy Buffoon, stop embarrassing yourself.

Do tests with Mouse Aim, assign pitch axis to a key on your keyboard (which is supposed to give you max value when using elevators)

and come back.

You'll see that Fw190A5 will do max 6 G's.

Then we can talk why joystick users can pull +2 G's across the board with their planes when compared to mouse aim users.

I hope that you have enough intelligence and brains to understand what I said.

Edited by Yeoma

25 minutes ago, Yeoma said:

Do tests with Mouse Aim, assign pitch axis to a key on your keyboard (which is supposed to give you max value when using elevators)

and come back.

Then we can talk why joystick users can pull +2 G's across the board with their planes when compared to mouse aim users.

Just tested, 190A5 at 45mins fuel will do 8Gs max at 600kmh. Still not as good as P47s and P51Ds however.

8 hours ago, Yeoma said:

and come back.

Really?  Now I understand why your reading comprehension is so poor.  I didn't realize you're blind......forgive me.

If you were capable of seeing the videos I posted as proof of my claims, you would have clearly been able to see that I was using mouse aim.  You would have clearly been able to see that with mouse aim in RB test flights, I was pulling 8Gs in the Fw-190A5 in a reverse loop starting at 500kph.  

Once again, I apologize for not realizing your disability.  Please forgive me.

Edited by xBromanx

21 minutes ago, xBromanx said:

-Really?  Now I understand why your reading comprehension is so poor.  I didn't realize you're blind......forgive me.  

-Once again, I apologize for not realizing your disability.  Please forgive me.

^ I think thats a little too far there.

One sentence was pushing it a bit in my opinion...

Just... Why?

11 minutes ago, ShadowTrooper001 said:

^ I think thats a little too far there.

One sentence was pushing it a bit in my opinion...

Just... Why?

What do you mean, "too far"?

The guy has posted two walls of text that quote me out of context, called me a liar and US fanboy, completely misrepresented my points, and accused me of fabricating false information to push my own agenda.  After showing him clear, undeniable proof that he's wrong, he still claims I'm lying and insults me calling me a "USA fanboy buffoon."

Regardless, it's pointless to continue discussion with him because he's clearly incapable of reason.  If anyone else thinks my post was "too far," I'll edit it and remove the insult.  In any case, unless he wants to be reasonable, I'm discontinuing any further discussion with him in this thread. 

1 minute ago, xBromanx said:

What do you mean, "too far"?

The guy has posted two walls of text that quote me out of context, called me a liar and US fanboy, completely misrepresented my points, and accused me of fabricating false information to push my own agenda.  After showing him clear, undeniable proof that he's wrong, he still claims I'm lying and insults me calling me a "USA fanboy buffoon."

Regardless, it's pointless to continue discussion with him because he's clearly incapable of reason.  If anyone else thinks my post was "too far," I'll edit it and remove the insult.  In any case, unless he wants to be reasonable, I'm discontinuing any further discussion with him in this thread. 

Don't forget that he's completely hypocritical considering he's pro axis on just about every single issue. And he also can't write coherent sentences

1 hour ago, xBromanx said:

In any case, unless he wants to be reasonable, I'm discontinuing any further discussion with him in this thread. 

^This wouldve been the better first choice.

But back on topic: Why exactly is the "US unplayable" (Havent skimmed the earlier pages yet)

My bad grammar

I mean that's the same guy who attacked me for saying the f4 is running fantasy settings.  He should have just been ignored from the start.

Edited by fufubear

6 minutes ago, ShadowTrooper001 said:

^This wouldve been the better first choice.

But back on topic: Why exactly is the "US unplayable" (Havent skimmed the earlier pages yet)

1 minute ago, fufubear said:

I mean that's the same guy who attacked me for saying the f4 is running fantasy settings.  He should have just been ignored from the start.

Yet people actually support his posts, meaning they believe the garbage he's spewing.  If he was simply spewing nonsense and no one was paying attention, then I'd ignore him, like I did with his first wall of text against me.  When I see people giving him reputation for making false accusations against me, I have to defend myself.  Simple as that.

21 minutes ago, LolaLolaLola said:

This discussion starts and ends with "bomber/attacker spam" anything else is circle jerking. 

I would agree that's a big contributor, but I've fought enough 1v1s against competent pilots to know that in some cases, all things equal, there's no way for a P-47D to overcome particular planes when the pilots know what they're doing...at least no way that I've discovered.  I feel confident that the same holds true for many of the other US planes in the tree as well.

That's not to say that American planes are unflyable because, quite frankly, if the fight devolves into a 1v1 that means that you, or your team made a mistake in not exploiting the full power and potential of US planes -- teamwork.  However, the very fact that US planes need teamwork to a greater degree than others makes them more difficult to fly, imo.  

Edited by xBromanx

5 hours ago, xBromanx said:

That's not to say that American planes are unflyable because, quite frankly, if the fight devolves into a 1v1 that means that you, or your team made a mistake in not exploiting the full power and potential of US planes -- teamwork.  However, the very fact that US planes need teamwork to a greater degree than others makes them more difficult to fly, imo.  

There was couple of 4.7 matches where us team refused to climb, stayed all together. There was no squadron players. German players started to making jokes of lawn mowing and were eaten one by one in a furball of jugs and mustangs... Noone of german team survived that... Staying together and clearing six is doing wonders.

True, but proper speed management is still crucial in such situations. Unless enemy is committing himself piecemeal, in which case he is basically folding anyway.

Again to furball in a US plane still needs discipline: make a slashing attack, extend, check six, zoom to recycle some energy, gain separation, reverse direction and repeat. Cuple of folks doing that, enemy alt advantage or not matters little.

Where it becomes crappy is when there are guys who just make one hard turn after another, kill all their speed and put you in an unpleasant situation to either kill bunch of your energy to get back ASAP to help them, or do your whole shtick and pray they don't die.

14 hours ago, xBromanx said:

in some cases, all things equal, there's no way for a P-47D to overcome particular planes when the pilots know what they're doing...at least no way that I've discovered

And how exactly does this differ from every other fighter in the game? Just off the top of my head, MC205N2 vs P47N...

Edited by TLTeo

Italian planes are Axis Spitfires, deal with then the same way you would fight a spit.

The p47 is better in energy retention, speed, highspeed manuevering, rolling as any italian plane. There are plently of ways to defeat italians in the p47n15. Especially above 7 km alt the italians reaaaaally lose a lot of engine power. On lower altitudes its easy to outspeed them and fight in the vertical.

The italians didn't develope wonderweapons!

3 hours ago, TLTeo said:

And how exactly does this differ from every other fighter in the game? Just off the top of my head, MC205N2 vs P47N...

Well, 1v1 any plane should be able to force a stalemate against anything it is capable of meeting, but that's usually not feasible.

A faster plane will have an easier time doing it, one that has the better performance at altitude even moreso. As such, the P-47Ds are tiered appropriately, especially considering their SL speed is reminiscent of a clean 70" D-30+.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0