Should I update to Windows 10?

PlanetP

I've got an i7 and R9 running with Win8.1 and everything works perfectly.  However, I don't want to get too far behind so thinking about Win10.

What pitfalls are there on the upgrade please and will WT work without modification?

Many thnx.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, PlanetP said:

I've got an i7 and R9 running with Win8.1 and everything works perfectly.  However, I don't want to get too far behind so thinking about Win10.

What pitfalls are there on the upgrade please and will WT work without modification?

Many thnx.

The only pitfall was not doing it last year when it would have been free.

I switched from Windows 7 to 10 with no problems where War Thunder or any other software I use is concerned

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Windows 7 is what my MS-DOS 6.22 was; I won't move on until I have no choice.

Edited by ForgetItHappened
  • Upvote 3

8.1 to 10 is a no-brainer.

If you prefer the older style, see if you can roll back to Win 7

8 was just horrendous in my experience.

(your mileage may vary)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, DarkHeart81 said:

The only pitfall was not doing it last year when it would have been free.

I switched from Windows 7 to 10 with no problems where War Thunder or any other software I use is concerned

I also updated when it was free. Been doing well so far, very few problems.

medal medal medal

if you upgrade it will allow you better virus protection and gaming software Microsoft is soon to release.   i would suggest going here:  https://www.kinguin.net/  

and you can get windows 10 or better at a very discounted rate.:good:  no reason to pay more for the same thing.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

win 8.1 is bad compared to 10, so yeah you should upgrade. it will have a layout comparable to win 7, so you'll need to get used to it. overall, it's better. so if its free, its a no brainer.

medal