*The_Prince_Jay

Why is the m46 7.0?

Don't heatfs that would be the bs excuse.

This **** me off cause  of 3 reasons

1-  if the is6 never showed up the m46 would have never got that heatfs and I wouldn't  have to vs atgms. 

2- the stock grind will be equally xxxx as m47 and m48

3- if it was cause of the heatfs  how the flying xxxx did the ru251 not get changed?

Rip me and the m46 you were 2nd favorite  tank before Gajin f'd you over like the t32

• Upvote 4

It was 7.0 when it was released I believe. Now that it has HEAT-FS it can go back there. Ru-251 was not changed because it has no armor and Axis teams are doing really bad.

Stock grind will be a nightmare. It won't face ATGMs that often however. Everybody and their mother is playing 6.7-7.0 right now, uptier should not be too common.

As sad as it is, BRs are placed based on the fully upgraded tanks performance, not on how the current modification is. BR compression is a problem as well. RP gain is extremely low. Until there is a major overhaul of ground forces, it will just be bad for awhile.

medal medal

ATGMs aren't much of a problem anyway. I can count the amount of times I've been killed by a hull down one on my fingers. 

medal medal

55 minutes ago, *The_Prince_Jay said:

1-  if the is6 never showed up the m46 would have never got that heatfs and I wouldn't  have to vs atgms. 

Doesn't the mesh cage armor add-on cause ATGMs to detonate prematurely, leaving the M46 relatively unscathed?

medal medal

8 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:

Doesn't the mesh cage armor add-on cause ATGMs to detonate prematurely, leaving the M46 relatively unscathed?

It seems like most modern HEAT and ATGMs have enough pen to go through that. If it was as simple as a steel cage we wouldn't have ERA and composite.

medal medal

Just now, RememberRoute23 said:

It seems like most modern HEAT and ATGMs have enough pen to go through that. If it was as simple as a steel cage we wouldn't have ERA and composite.

A steel cage takes up a large amount of space compared to ERA which is just pads placed on top of armor.

And in-game, the steel cage prematurely detonates HEAT-FS rounds. Not sure about ATGMs since I've never had my cage hit by an ATGM before.

medal medal

1 hour ago, *The_Prince_Jay said:

3- if it was cause of the heatfs  how the flying xxxx did the ru251 not get changed?

1) There is only one premium.

2) It has not its APHE shell which makes it less effective... Side shots with the HEAT shell.

3) Other tech trees also have HEAT-FS or APDS (stabilized guns) shells at that BR or below. M56 i.e. with its APHE shell.

Edited by BertTheTurtle
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal

50 minutes ago, BertTheTurtle said:

2) It has not its APHE shell which makes it less effective... Side shots with the HEAT shell.

It has HESH, which is just as good as APHE in some ways. Besides, if you aim for ammo side shots with HEAT-FS work fine. 

• Upvote 4
medal medal

5 minutes ago, *AllahHuAirlines said:

It has HESH, which is just as good as APHE in some ways. Besides, if you aim for ammo side shots with HEAT-FS work fine. 

Both are HE shells (HEAT and HESH). Mr82 is THE shell for side shots!

1 hour ago, *AllahHuAirlines said:

By some ways you mean when its a big flat plate tjat relies on its slope. Like front plates and little else.

medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, *The_Prince_Jay said:

Don't heatfs that would be the bs excuse.

This **** me off cause  of 3 reasons

2- the stock grind will be equally xxxx as m47 and m48

Rip me and the m46 you were 2nd favorite  tank before Gajin f'd you over like the t32

if the t29 never showed up

My guess would be, because it's an American tank...

I actually get more irritated at the fact, that the US was the first nation, out of all the nations to use HEAT rounds, to actually develop and field Fin Stabilized HEAT rounds.  Yet in game..... they're almost the last nation to get access to the shell in the tech tree.  Because somehow the Russians magically get it at 5.3.

RU 251 Should of been moved up to 7.0 as well.  And no, low armor isn't an excuse.  The 251 is also far more mobile, and currently has a faster rate of fire, and no ammo grind to work through.  This is also implying that the M46 is somehow equal to the T-44-100 or IS-6.  Both of which have better armor, and a better gun. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, AraMacao said:

By some ways you mean when its a big flat plate tjat relies on its slope. Like front plates and little else.

It works against every single Russian medium from the front except the T-54-47. That's pretty decent for a light tank with a short 90mm.

3 hours ago, BertTheTurtle said:

Both are HE shells (HEAT and HESH). Mr82 is THE shell for side shots!

Well yes, M82 is the best APHE shell for flanking- but HEAT-FS can be used for sideshots too if you learn how to aim it. 

Edited by *AllahHuAirlines
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

4 hours ago, Xnetexe said:

A steel cage takes up a large amount of space compared to ERA which is just pads placed on top of armor.

And in-game, the steel cage prematurely detonates HEAT-FS rounds. Not sure about ATGMs since I've never had my cage hit by an ATGM before.

Yes it prematurely detonates both HEAT-FS and ATGM. However both of them have enough pen to kill gunner and commander inside but maybe will help at some weird angles.

Cage around turret works best against HESH

At least the m46 has a shell to fight back. Panther 2 does not...

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal

8 hours ago, RememberRoute23 said:

It was 7.0 when it was released I believe. Now that it has HEAT-FS it can go back there. Ru-251 was not changed because it has no armor and Axis teams are doing really bad.

Stock grind will be a nightmare. It won't face ATGMs that often however. Everybody and their mother is playing 6.7-7.0 right now, uptier should not be too common.

As sad as it is, BRs are placed based on the fully upgraded tanks performance, not on how the current modification is. BR compression is a problem as well. RP gain is extremely low. Until there is a major overhaul of ground forces, it will just be bad for awhile.

Into 2 8.0 games back to back waited like 5min for each game :/

31 minutes ago, bellezza03 said:

At least the m46 has a shell to fight back. Panther 2 does not...

Yes, so unfortunate the Panther II has a gun with more pen than any US heavy tank in game, while firing APHE. Poor, poor Panther II.

• Upvote 9

14 minutes ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

Yes, so unfortunate the Panther II has a gun with more pen than any US heavy tank in game, while firing APHE. Poor, poor Panther II.

Aphe... yea... against T54... yeaaaaa

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal

I can immagine it will be so difficult to penetrate leopard 70mm armor with M46's stock ammunition.

17 minutes ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

which is still not enough to penetrate most usa/russian tanks while all them can penetrate the panther at over 2000m

Edited by Khurt
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, bellezza03 said:

Aphe... yea... against T54... yeaaaaa

Try doing it with 204mm of pen.... yeaaa...

4 minutes ago, Khurt said:

which is still not enough to penetrate most usa/russian tanks while all them can penetrate the panther at over 2000m

The Panther II can pen just about every US tank, with ease, except the T29, T34, T32 and M103. No one plays the T32 and the M103 is almost a full BR higher. Worst case scenario, the Panther II would struggle with two tanks out of the entire US tree.

Edited by *MiseryIndex556
  • Upvote 4

you forgot the t95, the m60A1 and A2, t95, t28 and I'd also say the M48A1, since the weakspot is something like 5cmx10cm. T34, M103 and t95 are between the most used usa tanks and you'll face them 95% of your games. 80% of those game will be urban maps or karelia, where is impossible to flank or doing any kind of maneuver.
And we're not even talking about russian tanks.

panther 2 does not belong to tier 5 games. M46 (with heatfs) does.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, *MiseryIndex556 said:

Try doing it with 204mm of pen.... yeaaa...

Then as i said you have the heat fs lol pen that makes you able to pierce anything in game.. panther II does not...

So if panther 2 7.0, m46 is 7.0 worthy too

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, bellezza03 said:

Then as i said you have the heat fs lol pen that makes you able to pierce anything in game.. panther II does not...

I was talking about the T32. The T32 has 204mm of pen with the only round that is worth using.

If I had my way, all HEATFS tanks would be moved up in BR so they don't face WWII tanks.

• Upvote 1

So i would... but...

medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, bellezza03 said:

204mm Pen is the M82 being fired long 90mm of the T26 Super Pershing and the T32, which is also 7.0, but it doesn't get HEAT-FS nor the improved M82 shell with ballistics and penetration similar to the Tiger II(H).

The 90mm M82 APCBC-HE of the Tier V US tanks (7.0, 7.3 and 7.7) has a top penetration of 170m at 10 on a flat plate, which isn't enough to penetrate the Tiger II(H) through the front and woefully incapable of penetrating the Russian tanks like the USSR heavy tanks from 7.0 onwards and incapable of penetrating USSR medium tanks on the 7.3 mark. Baring lucky hits like cupola shots and shot traps, the US APHE is woefully useless on frontal engagements, so is the regular Solid AP with a max penetration of 197mm at 10m. 

So the only shell worth using on US medium tanks on frontal engagements is the HEAT-FS, at the bottom of the research tree, the M82 is good only at side hits and the solid AP and APCR are completely useless.

1 minute ago, bellezza03 said:

So i would... but...

...the Panther II has a heavy tank cannon on a medium tank with good mobility.

Edited by Slayer3XD
  • Upvote 3
medal medal