Stona

Update 04.07.2017 (Server Update)

Maintenance%20(9).jpg

• M47 - increased fire rate from 6.6 per minute to 8 per minute. Source: TM 9-500 "DATA SHEETS FOR ORDNANCE TYPE MATERIAL.
  • M4 748 (a) - new shells available: T45 APCR shell and M89 smoke shell.
  • FV4202 - APDS ordnance added. The position of the vehicle has now been changed in the research tree. Now the tank has switched branches and is located ahead of the Caernarvon and after Churchill Mk.VII
  • Planned Battle Rating changes.
  • Economy changes:
    • Repair costs and award multipliers of vehicles have been recalculated (details to follow).
    • The reward for damaging an enemy base has been reduced by 10% for 3rd rank and by 15% for 4th and 5th ranks.
    • The reward for destroying an enemy base has been reduced by 10% for 4th and 5th ranks.
    • Scoring for actions in the battle for ground vehicle PvE (“Assault”) has been increased by 30%, and for aircraft, reduced by 15%.
    • The costs for entering battle in the aircraft/ground vehicle PvE (“Assault”) has been increased by 30%.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 3

We are still gathering your feedback regarding BR changes, so not all of them have been implemented. Stay tuned.

• Upvote 5

Some love for Hermann the german sherman, thank you. :DD

Edited by TheBlueDragonfly
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• The reward for damaging an enemy base has been reduced by 10% for 3rd rank and by 15% for 4th and 5th ranks.
  • The reward for destroying an enemy base has been reduced by 10% for 4th and 5th ranks.

Wow, before was pointless bombing and destroying bases with bombers since of the low reward, now it's even worse.

• Upvote 25
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, Stona said:

Does this mean that no matter where I fly with a tier 2 plane I get the same rewards as I used to? Or can my high BR, but rank 2 bomber be uptiered to a "rank 3 -5 match" and thus I would get lower rewards with the rank 2 bomber too?

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Stona said:

M47 - increased fire rate from 6.6 per minute to 8 per minute. Source: TM 9-500 "DATA SHEETS FOR ORDNANCE TYPE MATERIAL.

:good: 

But it is very strange 1.67 premiums are not fixed?  because they are game breakers...

Edited by ganJ
  • Upvote 5

Hi. two things:

1. The mentioned Hurricane Mk I/L was supposed to be 2.3 (AB) but has changed in fact to 2.7;

2. The British FV4202 tank shells change seems to be wrong: Instead of requiring the research of the smoke shells, you GAVE us the smoke shells but required the Shot Mk. 3 to be researched - a major setback (!)

Regards -- MJNA

Stona (Posted )

Updated :)
  • Upvote 1

I was researching the FV4202 before this patch (and by the way I believe you've forgotten to mention that the FV4202 had been moved to the heavy tank line between the Churchill mk 7 and Caernarvon). I do not have the Churchill mk 7 unlocked. Prior to the patch I would have been able to purchase the FV4202 after it was done researching but now that it is in the heavy tank line I am confused. Do I need to now research the Churchill and buy it before I buy the FV4202 or will that not apply since I had technically started researching the FV4202 prior to this patch? 

Screenshot 2017-07-04 10.57.29.png

I can't say I'm not disappointed with many of these BR changes that have been implemented so far. To start, the P-40E did not need to have its BR raised. Every nation (except Britain) had a plane at 2.3 capable of fighting the P-40E, so long as the pilot knew how to fly it. Secondly, the M46 had its BR raised, while the Ru-251 and the IS-6 did not. The Ru-251 has a higher pen round than the M46, as well as far better mobility. This tank should be at 7.0 along with the M46. The IS-6 is also blatantly overpowered at 7.0 right now and needs to be raised to 7.3, regardless of whether or not the gun mantlet is fixed.

Stona (Posted )

Please use Official BR thread to leave comments regarding BRs. Thanks!
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Glad to see that the BR increase of the FV4202 came along with the addition of the APDS (maybe add it to the patch notes?)

Overall agree with the Economy changes as well, especially nice to see Japanese planes repair cost going down ( R2Y2s below 30k? :o ), a lot of green and increase where fair.

Hope to see some of the proposed BR changes implemented as well, some of them were really nice and I think is not so hard to find them among all the others.

• Upvote 2

Fw 190A-5/U2 should stay at 4.7 as it was - now when it is at 4.3 it gets downtier all the time which means worse teams (because of bigger number of not experienced pilots).

Fw 190A-5/U2 is the best performing of A familiy - the fact that players are doing bad in it, doesn't mean that plane is bad.

Gaijin should stop making BRs due to player statistics - but make it due to plane performance...

Putting it at 4.3 makes this plane less effective because of low tier planes it faces - that are much more maneuverable... so it can't use its advantages it had at 4.7...

Also when it was 4.7 it was getting uptier much more often which was good.

Edited by Quetzalkoatl
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Nice for the M47, maybe it'll make it a bit more fun to play. But now since the M46 got the HEAT-FS shell, there really isn't any reason to play the M47 when the M46 is basically the same tank, but with a lower BR.

• Upvote 2
medal

Once again you target bombers with your asinine economy metric. Why have bombers and spaa in the game if their use is going to be punished? Maybe using prohibitive repair cost is to reduce vehicle spam is good, but I've never seen 6 spaa in a match. You do realize that you are penalizing players for doing well? The type of micro management you are employing is counterproductive and will frustrate many players. 

Edited by Stona
Do not cross the line please.
  • Upvote 16
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ki-84 Hei's br is still isn't reasonable
it should be 5.7 since it's it really is only an armament change with no change to the performance.
You should only tweak either repair cost or battle rating instead of adjusting both and leaving it to become something unusable

As for the repair cost I'm quite dissatisfied with the changes for most of the Japanese planes, for example, the A7M2 is now 30k despite also getting a br increase (which it does deserve), unless you can survive a match and win you'll be in for quite the loss

The changes I'm against the most are these which are AB repair costs:

Spoiler

595bb6ab0c86d_shot2017_07_0423_10_40.thu

Those are Realistic Battles tier repair cost. Arcade battle earnings aren't nearly as high Realistic and getting shot down once in these planes means you're not going to get a profit since usually you'll get 30-40k on a win only with premium on.

Spoiler

595bb7b856ce7_shot2017_07_0423_10_402.th

Other nation's early jets for comparison (it's stock, but still they won't reach 10k spaded)
Only other tier 4 props that could rival the J7W and Ki-84 Hei's cost are the Spitfire Mk24 and the La-9 which both are much better in comparison

Oh and G8N1 is now more expensive to repair in AB than in RB :018:

Edited by Asakaze
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

Repair costs and award multipliers of vehicles have been recalculated (details to follow).

Another step of "we keep reducing SPAA repair costs in arcade, instead of fixing hullbreak via aeral ramming exploit that makes them die in droves in the first place".

Now, seriously guys, if earnings of certain class vehicles go down so dramatically you lower repair costs by 30-40% in one patch, it's pretty good indicator that either some critical gameplay change occured, or something was broken. Quite possibly both, with second being unexpected result of first.

Edited by kireta21
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Guys, if you can, please leave feedback regarding BRs in this thread. It will be easier for us to gather it, thanks!

• Upvote 2

Hello!:salute:

"The costs for entering battle in the aircraft/ground vehicle PvE (“Assault”) has been increased by 30%." erm... WHY???:dntknw:

In this mod you die at every 5 seconds because AI USE AIMBOT:secret: and no cover where can hide.

Edited by RolandRoman
  • Upvote 7
medal

I find reducing of the reward for bases not a god idea now player dont wanna play heavy bombers any more. also why is the increase in repair cost of the fv4202 so high from  4710 to 7100 very high oke i can agree that a high br that the repair goes up but not so much other 6.3 tanks are not so high its higher than a maus .

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

seriously why are you guys just randomly targeting bombers every few patches just to nerf them? Are using  are you guys using tier 5 bombers as an excuse to nerf all the lower tier bombers? Because that is the only tier that I hear people complaining about bombers. The changes to PvE are great now I dont lose SL trying to play it

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Why was the repair cost for the Ta152 C-3 increased. I haven't spaded it yet and it's 34k to repair. With it spaded it's sure to cost over 40k. Yes it's a good plane in the right hands but not many people actually fly the thing and now there will be even less people flying it. If anything I was hoping for a reduction in the repair cost. I don't like this decision at all. I would like an explanation please. 

• Upvote 2
medal

I can only agree here. If you make the spawn cost 30% higher, at least also make the reward 30% higher, make the bombers less deadly, or let boosters and premium aircraft also affect the rewards in PvE.

There are people out there like myself who actually prefer the longer matches and closer teamwork of PvE more than the every-man-for-himself chaos of PvP, and it feels like we are being punished for that.

The SL reward was never that high to begin with, but with a decent match you could make a profit, even against those G5s on Zhengzhou. Now that seems unlikely.

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal