AdmFirmusPiett

[0059217][1.69.2.87] G4M1 3D Model Errors

32 posts in this topic

I am wondering about that 55* elevation in the drawing.

I think that is with the slot on the first design, and not the notched opening you are suggestion, Piett.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

I am wondering about that 55* elevation in the drawing.

I think that is with the slot on the first design, and not the notched opening you are suggestion, Piett.

 

The middle revision was literally the cone turret, but with that tip cut off. Therefore I would assume that upward arc would be the same? You can see the notch in the original cone design too:



Oh, I saw you linked this:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Japan-Navy/Mitsubishi-G4M1-Hamaki/1935065/L

I assume you are noting the rotating nose cone for the 7.7mm flexible mount? It is in the high arc position in that photo. Yeah, I didn't bother bring that up as I'm not exactly sure if Gaijin models that kind of feature. The Ki-21 should have it too IIRC, but it doesn't. I also don't exactly understand how it works. Like what part of the nose is doing the rotating, since I haven't seen any drawings.

As an aside, I found something that explains why the exhaust stack lengths are tough to keep track of. The lengthened exhaust stacks were intended as flame dampeners for G4M1s operating at night. Made them less likely to be spotted.

Edited by AdmFirmusPiett
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this will help

Source:Mitsubishi G4M Betty - Martin Ferkl, Revi Publications, 2002

1.thumb.jpg.c0095749a3f047988ec627ac0eee2.thumb.jpg.76613438acf1525c041129be1b0f

Pony51 (Posted )

nice! I was expecting 70 degrees, but 60 is also expected.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2017 at 4:38 PM, AdmFirmusPiett said:

Oh, I saw you linked this:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Japan-Navy/Mitsubishi-G4M1-Hamaki/1935065/L

I assume you are noting the rotating nose cone for the 7.7mm flexible mount? It is in the high arc position in that photo. Yeah, I didn't bother bring that up as I'm not exactly sure if Gaijin models that kind of feature. The Ki-21 should have it too IIRC, but it doesn't. I also don't exactly understand how it works. Like what part of the nose is doing the rotating, since I haven't seen any drawings.

As an aside, I found something that explains why the exhaust stack lengths are tough to keep track of. The lengthened exhaust stacks were intended as flame dampeners for G4M1s operating at night. Made them less likely to be spotted.

 

The part that rotates is similar to this, but the mechanism that allows rotation is different.

 

(that is me, BTW)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

 

The part that rotates is similar to this, but the mechanism that allows rotation is different.

 

(that is me, BTW)

 

Oh awesome! That is really cool.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But it looks like the front gunner had it much more comfortable in the G4M 

 

Source: Famous Airplanes of the World, No. 59 Mitsubishi Type 1 Attack Bomber (G4M) ''Betty'', YUZAWA, Yutaka, ed., Bunrindo Co., Ltd., Tokyo (1996)

1.thumb.jpg.cbd6c261fbc4c3e2217f66a50c58

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:good:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.