http://i.imgur.com/QMzELG7.png 
According to IAS I was flying around 200somethingish during that picture (My cockpit said so too) but the speed indicator says something completely else, does that mean the speed indicator is broken (I am using Km/h)?

medal medal

The ias is your indicated air speed. So its like your speedo in your car it says your going that fast its usually wrong though

your spd is your actual speed.

So your ias is the "broken" one and speed is the precise one

IAS shows your plane *movement capability* because of air density, the higher you go the thiner the air. So at high altitude you will have lower speeds while going relatively faster than on ground.

Basically everyone should play with IAS, speed is just for e-peen of speeding around before your wings snap.

IAS is based on the density and pressure of air. The thinner the air, the faster you must go to get the air flow over and under your wings the same as it is on sea level.

TAS(or SPD in game) tells the true air speed (The actual vector velocity)

IAS measures air pressure and thus tells you how well your plane can maneuver and climb. TAS tells you how fast you are actually going, it is useful for navigation (meaningless in this game) but little else.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

TAS is the speed observed by someone on the ground if im not mistaken, and is something like IAS+2% for every 1000m? i forget the conversion..

IAS is best use as its your planes real speed, and tells you speed depending on alt, useful for diving, as IAS is the critical speed in which your wings rip, not TAS.

so 750kph IAS would rip off the wings, at 5km

but at 750 kph TAS at 5km would not due to less dense air...

medal medal medal medal medal

Without wind effects, TAS is IAS+2%IAS for every 1000ft.

Anyways, a plane at a set IAS behaves the same always. A plane may behave wildly differently at TAS values at different IAS and altitude.The data for Vne, Best Climb speed, corner speed are all given in IAS. While best level flight spd (max spd) is given in TAS.

medal medal