CaptainDyllanRex

ISU-152 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

23 minutes ago, Tupoun said:

I'd dare say, that it even actually has disadvantages. The SU-152 has frontal armour 75 mm, the ISU-152 90 mm, but at this BR it makes no difference. The rest: SU-152 smaller, thus better silhouette, much more nimble. ISU-152, big, clunky, slow as dying cow. I don't use heat rounds (very bouncy, not able to kill the whole crew even if it miraculously pens the tank).

against soviet tanks like T-54 and T44 that HEAT round does wonders :P

medal

The new model seems to have made this tank a lot more survivable.

The gigantic cannon breech just eats up shrapnel like no other.

Edited by blastedryan
medal medal medal

One valid question.

152mm shell that can eviscerate most targets in the lower BR ranks. Suddenly becomes weirdly bounce happy in BR6+. I have been using it against M60 and Leos. Got some kills, even at closer range and smacking into their turrets. I get a rather high number of richochet or no effect. And this is with the high penetration shots. Not sure what I could do with the HE. Which is weird because HE does have some effect in game, but if you have a shell of this caliber being slung around even against a Leo or M60 you are bound to have effects.

Both the ISU and SU-152 have this issue in game.

Weirdly the SU-152 is a bounce party in the higher BR battles. The ISU not so much.

Haven't unlocked the ISU-152 HEAT shell so I have no clue its validity versus the Tier V crowd.

I suspect its the low fps/mps of the shell in the calculations of penetration of lets say a Leo or M60. although much smaller shells of the Su-5-1 and 29K seem not to have such issues with the Leo and M60 family. Probably because of higher fps/mps of their shells. [The 29K by default is "heavy penetrating"]. [Su-5-1 is a bit different.]

medal

ok, it's about time this POS had its research costs reduced to reflect its placement at 5.3. Seriously, it still has the same RP costs as it did before its BR was reduced and the ISU-122s have lower costs while being a higher BR.