Sarin

Screenshot of Italian tech tree please?

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here is a album of screen shots a user just posted from the beta server! I believe there is still plenty more coming! Notice how they have no Reggiane aircraft? They probably have another fighter line in the works.

Edited by Fiat_Freccia

Posted (edited)

The Ba.65 a reserve ground attacker, really?! Wasn't it faster than the Cr.32? Why is it at a lower BR than the Hs-123?

I really think they should have added the IMAM Ro.37...

Any unlockable skins implemented, by the way?

Edited by B4B3Hunter1324

I didn't see any on the dev server. I agree the tiering will need to be looked at, the MC205V is 3.7...

4 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

I didn't see any on the dev server. I agree the tiering will need to be looked at, the MC205V is 3.7...

G55S and G56 are both 5.0^^

I don't really think that the G55's are 4.7 material if I am honest.

The 109 G2 has a BR of 4.3, the same engine and is around equal in performance (better and worse in some so it equals out in my opinion..)

Posted (edited)

The G55 has better armament though. Also, the G6 at 4.7 has much worse performance than the G2, so eh.

edit: also the G55S turns like a Spitfire, or at least that's how it feels right now on the Dev Server.

Edited by TLTeo

Anyone else feel a little bothered by the fact that the Bf-109G-14/AS is above the Fiat G.56?

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, cricket27 said:

Anyone else feel a little bothered by the fact that the Bf-109G-14/AS is above the Fiat G.56?

Didn't even noticed that.

Yeah, it is kinda worrying me too. Aside from Italian thing, which was only temporary and going away in this patch, Gaijin has stuck to formula manufacturer-regular tree, foreign user-premium. Cobras are most obvious example. This kinda breaks it, and I doubt that it'll be going away like German pasta.

No idea why either, Italy has whole DB605 powered series of fighters that can easily cover 5.0-6.0 BR range (speaking about AB), and DB603 powered prototypes that could push to 6.3, Pretty sure G.56 will be OP for 5.0 if doen right, and Re.2006, if introduced, could be a match for late Griffons.

Edit: also a bit bothered by fact that G.56 has German markings on the image.

Edited by Sarin

8 minutes ago, Sarin said:

Didn't even noticed that.

Yeah, it is kinda worrying me too. Aside from Italian thing, which was only temporary and going away in this patch, Gaijin has stuck to formula manufacturer-regular tree, foreign user-premium. Cobras are most obvious example. This kinda breaks it, and I doubt that it'll be going away like German pasta.

No idea why either, Italy has whole DB605 powered series of fighters that can easily cover 5.0-6.0 BR range (speaking about AB), and DB603 powered prototypes that could push to 6.3, Pretty sure G.56 will be OP for 5.0 if doen right, and Re.2006, if introduced, could be a match for late Griffons.

Yeah, I also feel like Gaijin made a mistake by not including any of the Italian heavy fighters, not even a single IMAM or Savoia-Marchetti. (Keep in mind though that this is the dev server, so this is subject to change.)

I'm ok with what will be in 1.69. 30 or so planes are enough for two and a half branches, and it's quite obvious that the fourth one will be the Re fighters, with more twin engine planes to be added later on. I'd rather have this right now, with the rest to be added later, than wait another year for 15-20 more planes.

14 hours ago, Sarin said:

Edit: also a bit bothered by fact that G.56 has German markings on the image.

Well those are the only markings it ever used, so...

15 hours ago, cricket27 said:

yep, i'm bugged, now i must grind again for a plane the i already have ....worst of all i must use it for researching the g91

27 minutes ago, CornMarketman said:

Well those are the only markings it ever used, so...

it can use unpainted camo as standart i think

shot%202017.05.19%2015.43.37.jpgshot%202017.05.19%2015.43.51.jpg

How come the Italians get a better version of an aircraft they didn't make that the home country doesn't have in their tree?

15 hours ago, cricket27 said:

26 minutes ago, furiosinge said:

yep, i'm bugged, now i must grind again for a plane the i already have ....worst of all i must use it for researching the g91

I simply don't understand why bf.109 should be in regular Italian tree, i think fiat g59-4a would be better

1 hour ago, Digital8BitBuddy said:

How come the Italians get a better version of an aircraft they didn't make that the home country doesn't have in their tree?

Canadair Sabre?

Its sometimes needed to fill out some gaps in the tech tree. the US will get its F84G eventually.

2 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

I simply don't understand why bf.109 should be in regular Italian tree, i think fiat g59-4a would be better

Because, historically, the Italians used a large number of BF-109's towards the end of ww2. The Italian industry was getting bombed back to the stone age and thus the native Italian planes were few in number. Here is a list of what aircraft Italy used in the last couple of years of WW2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeronautica_Nazionale_Repubblicana#Aircraft

2 hours ago, Digital8BitBuddy said:

The US will more than likely get it very soon. The only reason Italy has it because the Italian air force operated a large number of these craft after WW2. While their is better options and Gajin could have avoided it, we get an Italian tech tree so I'm not complaining to much.

15 minutes ago, Fiat_Freccia said:

Because, historically, the Italians used a large number of BF-109's towards the end of ww2. The Italian industry was getting bombed back to the stone age and thus the native Italian planes were few in number. Here is a list of what aircraft Italy used in the last couple of years of WW2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeronautica_Nazionale_Repubblicana#Aircraft

for example we don't have lend-lease aircraft in Soviet regular tree, they are premium, i prefer to see only Italian planes in Italian regular tree may be except few jets, but it's my own opinion

although it's not critical)

1 hour ago, _Condottiero_ said:

for example we don't have lend-lease aircraft in Soviet regular tree, they are premium, i prefer to see only Italian planes in Italian regular tree may be except few jets, but it's my own opinion

although it's not critical)

The difference is that some of those BF-109's were actually built in factories in Italian soil, not just sent from another country.

hmm i am confus

Italians get a Bf 109 G-14/AS at 5.7, so likely with a DB-605ASM engine

Meanwhile Germans get a Bf 109 G-14 at 5.3, except data sheet and in game x-ray display a DB-605ASM engine despite the DB-605AM nose with the ugly Beule

5.7 is for AB, the italian G14 is at 5.3 like the german one.

38 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

5.7 is for AB, the italian G14 is at 5.3 like the german one.

whoops my b, but still how come italians get correct model and name but germans dont???

I'm not sure, there's definitely some strange stuff going on. I just checked in game, and according to the stat card the german G14's max speed is supposedly reached at 7500 meters, which is comparable to the G10's 7000. I'm sure a couple of weeks ago that altitude was reported to be ~9000 meters (I just spaded the plane), so I feel ilke they have decided Italy gets the high altitude version adn Germany gets the regular one in order to make them different.

Or the stat card or naming could be wrong, who knows.