Abetter1

The German BnZ tactic is highly challenging

46 posts in this topic

P51d10 and 20 have lower powersettings. The d30 has a lot more power than the prem and d10. The d30 is on par w/d9 performance wise, it suffers from the nerfed .50's sadly!

12 hours ago, KoocieKoo said:

P51d10 and 20 have lower powersettings. The d30 has a lot more power than the prem and d10. The d30 is on par w/d9 performance wise, it suffers from the nerfed .50's sadly!

Emphasis mine.

lolnope

20 hours ago, Abetter1 said:

I'm getting slightly better now, but still far from my pro days few years ago, recent match 1v1 against a bf-g2 with my thypoon, he was pretty good but he had to bail to refuel or rearm, I was above his airfield when he landed thinking I went off, made the chance and dive hard straight on his 6, just before hitting the trigger the alien super ufo AA's broke my tail control and my plane lift off, I bailed since I had no chance to recover with no tail control, really realistic, alien AA's been here since day 1, I see gaijin doesn't change much over the years. 

Its ill-advised for anyone to attack a plane at the enemy airfield unless they are the only plane left and there are at least 4 of you attacking at the same time.  Under any other scenario, attacking an enemy at their AF is suicide - this is by design to discourage campers (although whether that is effective is another debate)

20 hours ago, Youda008 said:

I was talking about the ability to hit a target during BnZ attack. What's the point of having slightly better performance, if you can't convert it into kill, because the plane just can't aim. It starts wobbling and swaying terribly when you try to aim on enemy, who it turning and rolling. It's almost impossible to get guns with Mustangs, whereas aiming with Fockewulfs is easy, the instructor works much better with these planes. And they also have one-hit-kill guns, especially the D-12.

The P51 D-series has a totally messed up FM - the plane is unflyable with joystick, especially with full fuel.  The FM is totally broken and needs to be fixed.

Just now, KoocieKoo said:

full fuel was messed up in the p51 in rl too, it was forbidden to enter fight when full fuel was loaded bc of messed up center of mass!

This probably was solved when you have to fly a few km from your bases in England over France or even Germany.

2 hours ago, *walfreyydo said:

The P51 D-series has a totally messed up FM - the plane is unflyable with joystick, especially with full fuel.  The FM is totally broken and needs to be fixed.

Let me tell you about a magical thing called the burden of proof. It lies heavily with the one making the assertion. In this case, you.

Negative here *walfreyydo. The P-51 was a bad handler with the fuselage tank full. This is from the manual for the P-51-D-5.

Important

the pilot should become accustomed to the handling qualities of the airplane with full fuselage tanks before engaging in any maneuvers. One or two hours of flying should acquaint the pilot with the airplane characteristics.

link to the manual for those interested. http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/mustang/P-51D-manual-5april44.pdf

Yes in rl it wasnt that much of an issue bc they allready had plently of Flight time when reaching Germany. If they were intercepted earlier they would have to drain the Fuel before entering the fight!

Apart from that p fiddy one never handeled like in red tails and kittyhawks never outperformed g6's....

On 18.05.2017 at 0:26 PM, PainGod85 said:

Emphasis mine.

lolnope

0.50 cals are terrible.

I had a match today, I've flown with my Sabre A-5 ... during a dogfight with enemy MIG I managed to get 3 firing opportunities - in all cases I managed to hit enemy plane at distance of 400-500 meters ... for no effect. I would give 6 fiddies for a SINGLE 20mm cannon all day long. It's just the way it is since WT was released - cannons rule in WT, fiddies are bad on BnZ planes as you need to shoot at target for much longer time to get rid of it. 

The only exception are P-47s as they have 8 of them, not to mention  undertiered German P-47 - it's insane and I consider it as easy mode, just because of 3.7 (for some sikrit reasons) and planes it fights against - no 109G2s to deal with. 

And for the OP - if you can't deliver pain with FW190, try to attack enemies already in fight with your teammate. There is a chance he will be taken out by you or the guy he is already fighting as he won't dodge all attacks - and you don't need a lot of hits from such gunship as FW190. If fight is long and you already lost some altitude - consider staying at current alt but keep speed and make passes through furball - I find it as a great way of dealing with enemy fighters. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, AgentOfBolas said:

0.50 cals are terrible.

I had a match today, I've flown with my Sabre A-5 ... during a dogfight with enemy MIG I managed to get 3 firing opportunities - in all cases I managed to hit enemy plane at distance of 400-500 meters ... for no effect. I would give 6 fiddies for a SINGLE 20mm cannon all day long. It's just the way it is since WT was released - cannons rule in WT, fiddies are bad on BnZ planes as you need to shoot at target for much longer time to get rid of it. 

The only exception are P-47s as they have 8 of them, not to mention  undertiered German P-47 - it's insane and I consider it as easy mode, just because of 3.7 (for some sikrit reasons) and planes it fights against - no 109G2s to deal with. 

And for the OP - if you can't deliver pain with FW190, try to attack enemies already in fight with your teammate. There is a chance he will be taken out by you or the guy he is already fighting as he won't dodge all attacks - and you don't need a lot of hits from such gunship as FW190. If fight is long and you already lost some altitude - consider staying at current alt but keep speed and make passes through furball - I find it as a great way of dealing with enemy fighters. 

That's more a problem with jet gameplay than the guns which were actually quickly replaced after the Korean War because they'd proven insufficient.

E: Note the only reason I am not contesting your assertion is the fact I generally avoid playing WT jets like the plague.

Edited by PainGod85

The Fw 190A-5/U2 (now removed) was my favorite Anton.

With it gone now, I am usually in the Fw 190F-8, though I sometimes take out the Fw 190A-8. The A-8 doesn't get much love, but I think it's alright.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:03 AM, KoocieKoo said:

full fuel was messed up in the p51 in rl too, it was forbidden to enter fight when full fuel was loaded bc of messed up center of mass!

I was unaware of that.

I have actually been experimenting with P51D control settings and have actually been able to make it handle much better.  The plane needs some extreme settings to make it fly right, so I would like to correct my earlier post.  However, the flight model IS much different from many/all of the other USA planes, but perhaps it was in real life too...

For reference (and those of you using FRC/RC) I am using these flight settings which seem to work decently:

75% roll sens/2.5 nonlinearity/1.0 multiplier

100% pitch sens/0.85 Multiplier/3.5 Nonlinearity

0% yaw sens/1.0 multiplier/2.5 nonlin

Each plane has a special formula of sensitivity/multiplier/non-linearity, and I am discovering that you need to 'dial-in' each plane - mainly in the pitch.  Roll *usually* only needs an adjustment to sensitivity.

The P51D handles much differently than most other US planes of the same era/type but with some tweaking it can work

This is all under manual controls, so most of you Air RB mouse aim folks wont understand

Edited by *walfreyydo

On 5/18/2017 at 10:54 AM, PainGod85 said:

Let me tell you about a magical thing called the burden of proof. It lies heavily with the one making the assertion. In this case, you.

What is the burden of proof, when all we have is subjective opinion?

The p51 is a waaaaaaaaaaay different design from any murican plane.

High performance V liquidcooled engine, slimmer wings for higher speeds and less drag, streamlined fuselage. There is a reason why muricans love the p51, its the best plane they had at this time!

And ofcourse does a sleak high speed design handle much more different than a radial engined f6f / f4u/p47. Those are completely different design. I dunno why you would ever expect them to handle remotely close!

And yes you have to adapt the settings to every plane to make it handle really good. Its the same for sim!

What is the burden of proof, when all we have is subjective opinion?

You didn't state your opinion, you asserted it as fact. As such, either post proof that the P-51 FM is currently incorrect, or shut the hell up.

On 5/18/2017 at 1:03 PM, KoocieKoo said:

Yes in rl it wasnt that much of an issue bc they allready had plently of Flight time when reaching Germany. If they were intercepted earlier they would have to drain the Fuel before entering the fight!

Apart from that p fiddy one never handeled like in red tails and kittyhawks never outperformed g6's....

Red Tails is a completely inaccurate and stupid movie. Though the reversle maneuver was done by a white pilot in a P51.

19 hours ago, PainGod85 said:

You didn't state your opinion, you asserted it as fact. As such, either post proof that the P-51 FM is currently incorrect, or shut the hell up.

I think this response was needlessly harsh and uncalled for.  I guess your endless hours of trolling the forums day after day, minute by minute, have left you feeling very bitter towards your fellow forum cohorts.  On behalf of all of us "lesser beings", let me apologize if my post has offended your (clearly) well developed sense of intellect and unparalleled understanding of the game.

Fly the plane with manual controls (not with instructor/mouse aim) and tell me if it handles like the other planes.  Whether thats a FM issue or reflects the real world performance of the plane, I cannot say (although if people are saying thats how it flew in real life, I defer to those opinions).  We know for a fact there are unfinished FM's (some might argue broken) in the game, so its not as if they dont exist (P40 as one example).

Edited by *walfreyydo

1 hour ago, *walfreyydo said:

I think this response was needlessly harsh and uncalled for.  I guess your endless hours of trolling the forums day after day, minute by minute, have left you feeling very bitter towards your fellow forum cohorts.  On behalf of all of us "lesser beings", let me apologize if my post has offended your (clearly) well developed sense of intellect and unparalleled understanding of the game.

Fly the plane with manual controls (not with instructor/mouse aim) and tell me if it handles like the other planes.  Whether thats a FM issue or reflects the real world performance of the plane, I cannot say (although if people are saying thats how it flew in real life, I defer to those opinions).  We know for a fact there are unfinished FM's (some might argue broken) in the game, so its not as if they dont exist (P40 as one example).

Really, you're playing that card?

I find myself quoting me again.

But please, tell me more about how I've been trolling the forums by actually taking the effort to find credible sources to my claims.

That said, if the plane stalls at the correct speed, climbs at the correct speed, attains the correct speed at a given altitude and engine setting, and has an FM that takes changes of the center of gravity into account, it essentially means the FM is correct within the parameters of the game's engine.

Here, feel free to corroborate the ingame results with these: 

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/mustang/mustangtest.html

And these:

http://www.avia-it.com/act/profili_daerei/libretti_velivolo/PA_libretti_PDF/P-51_D_K.pdf

Don't forget to correct airspeed for PEC, don't forget to use the correct table for that regarding the use of flaps.

And again, I am not asserting there is something wrong with the Mustang FM, you are. As such, the burden of proof lies with you.

1 hour ago, *walfreyydo said:

Fly the plane with manual controls (not with instructor/mouse aim) and tell me if it handles like the other planes. 

Waaait, different planes have different handling? Nooo, no way.