Mine arrived yesterday, loving it but I do find War-thunder extremely nauseating. Everything feels Huge and out of scale, also with tracking my head is always too low in the cockpit so I can't see where to aim. Is there a keybind to recenter because I can't find it in the options.

I just get a black screen in the rift when I try to fire it up.  I get a brief view of the loading splash screen, then just black.  I can hear the game running, but I see nothing.  Hopefully they spend some more time flushing out the querks.  DK1 support was awesome, and it was the only way I wanted to play the game.  Anything else felt so less immersive and just not as much fun.

medal

I just get a black screen in the rift when I try to fire it up.  I get a brief view of the loading splash screen, then just black.  I can hear the game running, but I see nothing.  Hopefully they spend some more time flushing out the querks.  DK1 support was awesome, and it was the only way I wanted to play the game.  Anything else felt so less immersive and just not as much fun.

Figured it out.  I had it set to dx9 still, from when I was using tridef to do the vr 3d.  I set it back to dx11 and it started working again.

medal

Tested again after today's update, and it seemed just a little better than it was before, albeit still unplayable. 

BUT, I went into the Oculus Config and set my IPD to 55 (normally 63) with 'Enable personalized rendering for this eye position' checked, and it was ALMOST comfortable!  If I focused on keeping my eyes relaxed, I could actually focus on things and fly around while seeing clearly.  Did about 20 minutes or so of flying before my eyes had enough, and man its going to look good once they have it all worked out!

So whatever they did, they brought it a step closer to playable!  Just needs to come a little further.  Since forcing ipd of 55 now (almost) works, and since before it didn't, they are getting closer.  They just need to keep coming the direction they are to where normal IPD settings result in comfortable viewing without having to force lower IPD's to get almost doable viewing.

World scale still seems off though as my cockpit still seems quite large and "cavernous". 

But almost there!  Keep up the good works devs, we are definitely noticing all your hard work!

medal

Hey Ammon...how have u set ur PC to run wt on dk2... Is it extended mode then turn off the 2 services? And what about monitor config. My dk2 is display 1 in my nvidia config panel...and my regular monitor is display 2 and set to primary..... And I get a black screen on my monitor...what are ur settings I am dying to run wt on my dk2....btw dcs and elite are next level...I'm beyond blown away...

Shalimar, you should have the Rift as primary display. But don't get your hopes up, you're going to feel like sitting in a 20 feet high cockpit..

So whatever they did, they brought it a step closer to playable!  Just needs to come a little further.  Since forcing ipd of 55 now (almost) works, and since before it didn't, they are getting closer.  They just need to keep coming the direction they are to where normal IPD settings result in comfortable viewing without having to force lower IPD's to get almost doable viewing.

Someone found a fix for the IPD. Turns out if you bypass the GUI, you can set the IPD in DK2 outside of the 55mm+ range!

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2fcgxa/war_thunder_issues_after_newest_update/ck7wqlw

Good luck! World scale still effed though, I can't play it that way :(.

dear w0nk0, i got wt running...the scale is fine for me...even the 3d is beautiful...but the image is squished from the sides...feels like sides of the screen need to be stretched outwards...and its uncomfortable to the eyes...everyone, including myself, who has tried dcs and elite are quite comfortable and dont get sick at all...but nobody can take more than 5 minutes of wt...

btw i just downloaded a 105mb patch, hoping dk2 implementation gets some tweaks..

but having flown dcs and elite...there's no going back to 2d monitors...this is what we've all been trying to achieve in our gaming lives...

I hear ya on the 'no going back' thing.  If I can't game on the rift, I have no desire to game anymore its just been that much better than gaming on a monitor!  Glad ya got WT working.  One thing that gave me a little more horizontal FOV was to uncheck the box that says "Enable a Custom Render for these Settings" under the "Advanced" button in the Oculus Config.  WT is so very close to working, but the IPD is off juuuuust enough to give me eye strain.  I can stand it for about 5 minutes, and when I can get my eyes to do the gynmastics required, the 3d looks brilliant, thought the world scale is just a tad off with the cockpit looking more like a large cavern than in intimate cockpit.  But its so close!

I tried bypassing the Oculus GUI and setting the ipd to lower settings, but it had no effect for me unfortunately, even when setting the files I adjusted to "read only" after their adjustment.

Edited by ammonthenephite
medal

Hey Guys,

just wanna let you know DK2 arrived on Monday, sadly I was on work the hole week so I've just played 2-3 hours, BUT it is AWESOME way better then DK1.

Even if the positional tracking isn't perfect it is good enought and also my respect to Gaijin that they got DK2 support implemented this fast and stable.

I didn't had any IPD issues as mentioned here, but that isn't a DK2 problem I've had that also on DK1, and setting the IPD to very high / low value was some kind of workaround.

But since this week I didn't got any Issues with the IPD.

- no need for 3rd Party drivers anymore

- god useabillity of the menus

- much less nausea with the new Display and positional tracking (4k Display for Consumer version would eliminate all pixel / Screendoor effect I guess, )

- works perfect in rift's extended mode

- dual Usability Rift + Monitor <-- very cool how they have set that up

What I am missing:

in-flight hud (Minimap, messages, chat)

I've got myself into some realistic Battles and were more than able to compete, even without minimap and so on...

I've also done some Simulator Testmissions, but naaa that's not for me I think...

I guess no other game is this far with the Rift integration (at the moment) Star Citizens Arena Commander for example isn't even playable on DK2 (it is still really great on DK1)

KR ottokar

medal

congrats on ur dk2 arrival....u MUST MUST try elite dangerous and dcs, also live for speed...dcs is by far the most jaw dropping use of this tech, with elite dangerous a very close 2nd. its un freakin believable.

here's my impression of dcs with the dk2

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2f5uc4/to_oculus_with_lovefrom_pakistan/

I guess no other game is this far with the Rift integration (at the moment)

Come on, WCS is way, way, way ahead. Try any of their planes and you'll see an incredible difference in the immersion ─ it's the perfect, natural scaling, it's 3D you wanna touch. Whereas I just come from the WT dev server and to my great disappointed there is not the slightest improvement in 1.43. How do you guys manage to see out of the cockpit? The center of my view always snaps to a POV deep down inside the cockpit, just a view inches above the throttle. (And before you think I messed up my setup: in the Rift demo I am perfectly centered between the camera bounderies, the red needle ist pointing straight at me!). 

medal

Anyone figured out to re-center your POV? Or ─ even better ─ how to change it to your likes? WT gives me such a hard time with the rift. Why can others like DCS or Outerra do so much better? However. there is ONE thing that's been improved over the past year: the interface. Inside occulus and especially with mirroring on the monitor.

medal

Assuming you guys mean re-centre the view you can assign a button to it in the menus. I have one assigned on my X52, when I start a battle and get in a plane I lean forward a bit then press re-centre view and it puts me a bit further back in the seat, the scale is still off but it's still great to play :)

Thanks! But somehow it doesn't work for me. I browsed thru all control menus, view, basic and miscellanous, and couldn't find none such option. Where does it hide and what is it called exactly? BTW, do you stop oculus service?

medal

the scale is still off but it's still great to play :)

If I may ask, which rift (dk1 or dk2) do you use, and what is your natural IPD?  I try to play this game and the images are a full "virtual inch" apart from each other.  For scale, the width of the mouse cursor is how far apart the images are for each eye for me.  I'm a 62mm ipd, and even forcing a 55mm ipd in the oculus config tool doesn't do anything for me.  Its just unplayable, unless I close one eye all the time.

Edited by ammonthenephite
medal

Hi there,

Does anyone knows about the mac os version DK2 native support ?

I had my Oculus since 3 days BUT the checkbox in the advanced menu don't do anything.... just as if it was not implemented yet :(s .

Did you heard something about that ?

Thanks.

Thanks! But somehow it doesn't work for me. I browsed thru all control menus, view, basic and miscellanous, and couldn't find none such option. Where does it hide and what is it called exactly? BTW, do you stop oculus service?

Recentering is done by the "Mouse Look activation" key  'c'  in default setting, this happens from time to time, so I've also mapped it to my X52...

medal

Hello All,

I will be receiving my DK2 tomorrow :))) and I would like to know what is the correct procedure to follow in order to configure it properly with War thunder .

I went through this thread but I wanted to know if things have changed and if there is somehting more simpler to configure the DK2 .

thanks !

Da

My DK2 arrived today and worked out of the box with the demo. In WT (native mode) however, I have a lot of issues.

- In the hangar, I can hardly handle the menues, because they are way up in the corner. Similarly, it is hard to select a setting or a plane.

- I cannot see the HUD or damage indicators when flying.

- While the scale looks fine to me and so is headtracking, the fps is very slow and flying is a jittery experience causing nausea after a few minutes.

- In a tank, even the headtracking does not quite work, it seems to be only a 90 deg angle with a too slow track.

Any ideas?

medal medal