zerbah

IMPORTANT! Changes in the Arcade Squadron Battles from May 1st, 2017

96 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is rly bad idea.... Do not make changes It's enough that you just did what you did with it... People who played only as flyers had to make tanks, there and you want to mix pears with apples? :crazy: 

Number of spawns per team is limited to 24

Each player of the team can spawn maximum 4 times.

The team can take into battle maximum of:

10 Medium/Light tanks

4 Heavy tanks

6 SPGs

4 SPAAs

4 Fighter aircraft

1 Attacker aircraft

2 Bomber aircraft. 

Note: In case of successful landing on the friendly airfield, rearming and repairing an aircraft, a player can change the vehicle without losing a respawn. 
This rule does not apply on ground vehicles.

Banner Forum.png

Edited by _SkyForcer_

Posted (edited)

For me should be returned to the old squadron battles (I mean squadron battles with 11 slots + double use), but with max 5-6 spawns per player: P, if some one do not have tanks, he can set 5-6 planes, or if someone do not have planes, he can set 5-6 tanks, because every one player for now have to have ulocked planes & tanks, this idea is for me wrong, because if some player is new, he do not have even chance to play this game mode (i mean squadrons with 2 planes & 3 tanks or other squadron mode with limited vehicle's) because he didn't have tanks or planes & he has to make planes & tanks before start any squadron battle, but on old squadron battle mode, he did not have to make planes & tanks & he could to play squadron battles with only tank's or plane's, he had to only buy 3-4 slots & he was ready to battle, for me should be squadron battles with the possibility of any machine setting & i think this could solve this problem & new player could have easier way to start play this game mode & limited spawn to 5 or 6 could enable to eliminate need to buy slots & new squadron's could have easier way to start play this game mode, but this is my opinion, Let others talk about it.

The new project which presents ganjin for me is the worst than current squadron battle mode set, because if ganjin company will limited spawns of vehicles for all team, this could Increase requirements for new players to start play this game mode, because new players will have to unlock all kind of vehicle in the planes & tank in one nation before start to play any squadron battle, so for me proposed change which presents ganjin for me is worst  & after this change i think many less squadron will play in arcade mode & they will start realistic squadron mode because there u need have only plane or tank to start the match & u do not need to have unlocked planes & tanks in one nation so is easier to find player's which  have only plane's or tank's than find a player who has planes and tanks unlocked to IV tier: P.

For me should be returned to old squadron battle mode, where u could set what ever vehicle u want, but only set max 5-6 spawn's per player: P & then should be ok. , If my english is bad , then sorry , but english isn't my first language :)

Edited by Kibox215

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, Kibox215 said:

For me should be returned to the old squadron battles (I mean squadron battles with 11 slots + double use), but with max 5-6 spawns per player: P, if some one do not have tanks, he can set 5-6 planes, or if someone do not have planes, he can set 5-6 tanks, because every one player for now have to have ulocked planes & tanks, this idea is for me wrong, because if some player is new, he do not have even chance to play this game mode (i mean squadrons with 2 planes & 3 tanks or other squadron mode with limited vehicle's) because he didn't have tanks or planes & he has to make planes & tanks before start any squadron battle, but on old squadron battle mode, he did not have to make planes & tanks & he could to play squadron battles with only tank's or plane's, he had to only buy 3-4 slots & he was ready to battle, for me should be squadron battles with the possibility of any machine setting & i think this could solve this problem & new player could have easier way to start play this game mode & limited spawn to 5 or 6 could enable to eliminate need to buy slots & new squadron's could have easier way to start play this game mode, but this is my opinion, Let others talk about it.

The new project which presents ganjin for me is the worst than current squadron battle mode set, because if ganjin company will limited spawns of vehicles for all team, this could Increase requirements for new players to start play this game mode, because new players will have to unlock all kind of vehicle in the planes & tank in one nation before start to play any squadron battle, so for me proposed change which presents ganjin for me is worst  & after this change i think many less squadron will play in arcade mode & they will start realistic squadron mode because there u need have only plane or tank to start the match & u do not need to have unlocked planes & tanks in one nation so is easier to find player's which  have only plane's or tank's than find a player who has planes and tanks unlocked to IV tier: P.

For me should be returned to old squadron battle mode, where u could set what ever vehicle u want, but only set max 5-6 spawn's per player: P & then should be ok. , If my english is bad , then sorry , but english isn't my first language :)

So you want SqBs to be back to air domination mode? Limiting planes use was one of the key elements of the change, and i helped A LOT. Before, in most situations, the team which won the first encounter in air, won the match. Now, and I've seen this done by ACEpl pretty often, if one team loses in air, they can hit the ground, capture points, and turn the tide to their favour. Allow people to take planes only, and it doesn't matter if you have 5 or 21 respawns - tanks will get bombed to oblivion, especially since now many people have learned how to use 50kg bombs.

Is it unfair for new players? Kind of. But it's Squadron Battles after all, it's your choice what level of players you accept in your squadron. It would be cool to have e.g. 7vs7 + rank III mode running 24/7 where newbies could practice more competitive and team oriented gameplay, but Gaijin doesn't really care about that it seems. If you want a mode like that, make suggestions, keep asking Gaijin for it, and enjoy being ignored, but don't try to make SqBs as they were before, it really didn't work.

Edited by slavoyew

When you change this default plane spawn to latest spawn, rather than airfield-defaut-**** ? It is a really pain in tha a$$ when you forgot to change spawn and have 20 km to oponent... small change, but make a big diffrence.

Fix this APAS or it wouldn't be playable on late hours.

current 3 + 2 was ok
now 4 heavy only? open wallets mode? you want 4xIS-6 end of battle... ?
System like this may apply to SB not AB people just stop "fix" thing that work
Fix important things like ammo and dmg model and this is not beta anymore... you can't just turn everything when you want...
don't even bother with silly event...

I'm happy that this is being tested before any form of implementation. I'm a minor Arcade squadron battles, I  focus more on realistic but when my squad needs someone to cover I have a line up ready to jump in and help. So I may not have the best grasp on whats best for arcade exactly, responses in my clan has been mixed but personally I focused on this:

On 27/04/2017 at 0:55 PM, zerbah said:

Just by playing the Squadron Battles, players will actually train for the tournaments.

If Gaijin want some form of uniformed approach between squadron battles and tournaments then this proposed system is not going to help because of one key point

All Gaijin Tournaments use a fixed line up of vehicles, primarily late tier 3/early tier 4 vehicles.

Squadron battles is dug in deep at the arse end of tier 4. Both arcade and realistic predominantly field predominantly 6.7 to 7.0 only in terms of ground forces, arcade air tends to be a bit more loose with the 109 G2 enjoying a bit of a status in the last system but realistic air at this point is you either brought a griffon spitfire or a bearcat.

Reshuffling the spawn system to create some coherence between the two will trip simply because the planes and vehicles used in squadron battles never show up in tournaments. So no matter how use people get to the spawn system, they wont get use to the vehicles via squadron battles, they'll practice them in custom or standard matchmaking.

Frankly you'd have a better time getting a coherence between the two systems by having them stick to the same vehicle regiment over trying to get their spawn systems to line up.

I expect this to be really unpopular but if every season of squadron battles and tournaments locked in the same set of vehicles as *tournament vehicles* for that season you'd probably see more crossover purely because above all else, before whatever spawn system or point system players need a feel for the vehicles being used. Even if arcade kept its current spawn model, but locked the choice of vehicles to the vehicles that will appear in all the tournaments for the duration of the season only. The next season the choice of vehicles for both can be changed up and so on to keep a variety going.

It also in my opinion solve some of the other issues plaguing both arcade and realistic squadron battles. The rampant abuse of premium vehicles, the high grind threshold with only a very small number of vehicles being viable (especially in Realistic air) and the sheer lack of most vehicle types outside of fighters, heavy tanks and medium tanks.

I know giving players the most choice is always the popular decision, but I feel thats just been open to abuse and it will be open to abuse regardless of how big or small the choice is, at least with a smaller selection, the level and impact of that abuse can be a lot smaller.  

Well the problem is you can't give AB Sqb the same line up as in tournaments. It will not work for this game mode. This month there will be the fire front for AB an the line up must be something balanced. That means no ground pounding by the planes or in other words only planes with a small loadout. Imagine the reaction to this...

You could easily bring those changes in RB because every change there would improve the gameplay. 

But for AB you have to touch the mechanics of the game mode.

The so called test event will result into nothing. Why would somebody play a game mode that is supposed to replace the better one? 

Great idea kirill, great one...

7 hours ago, Capt_Balu said:

Well the problem is you can't give AB Sqb the same line up as in tournaments. It will not work for this game mode. This month there will be the fire front for AB an the line up must be something balanced. That means no ground pounding by the planes or in other words only planes with a small loadout. Imagine the reaction to this...

I was suggesting the same lineup as all the tournaments over the 2 month period not just matching one single tournament.

So for example you have the current firefront: https://tss.warthunder.com/index.php?action=tournament&id=1733

Which you are correct there are no bombers or attacker

But you also had this previous simulator firefront earlier this month: https://tss.warthunder.com/index.php?action=tournament&id=1647

Which had a selection of bombers and attackers which I feel you'll agree will satisfy the ground pounding needs

In terms of tanks they are mostly similar (one has the type 62 and KV-122 and centurian 3 in their lineup but identical otherwise)

So the tournaments tend to stick in the same range of vehicles regardless of their mode and I'm suggesting that for every 2 months that range is agreed in advance and that also becomes the limited selection for squadrons battles.

Not just matching one tournament but matching all the variations. The fighters available in squadron battles will be the same fighters that will appear in the 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments etc

And instead of having the odd low tier tournament each month, perhaps they'll just have a low tier squadron and tournament season, perhaps during the summer season where I imagine numbers go down to entice newer players over to squadrons and tournaments

58 minutes ago, DeKrieg said:

I was suggesting the same lineup as all the tournaments over the 2 month period not just matching one single tournament.

So for example you have the current firefront: https://tss.warthunder.com/index.php?action=tournament&id=1733

Which you are correct there are no bombers or attacker

But you also had this previous simulator firefront earlier this month: https://tss.warthunder.com/index.php?action=tournament&id=1647

Which had a selection of bombers and attackers which I feel you'll agree will satisfy the ground pounding needs

In terms of tanks they are mostly similar (one has the type 62 and KV-122 and centurian 3 in their lineup but identical otherwise)

So the tournaments tend to stick in the same range of vehicles regardless of their mode and I'm suggesting that for every 2 months that range is agreed in advance and that also becomes the limited selection for squadrons battles.

Not just matching one tournament but matching all the variations. The fighters available in squadron battles will be the same fighters that will appear in the 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments etc

And instead of having the odd low tier tournament each month, perhaps they'll just have a low tier squadron and tournament season, perhaps during the summer season where I imagine numbers go down to entice newer players over to squadrons and tournaments

I don't know about that, it is hard enough with one solid mode trying to teach new players how to play.. let alone setting all these new limitations and having them switch? I would literally drive a nail through my freaking head.. lol plz no

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Sworn_Assassin said:

I don't know about that, it is hard enough with one solid mode trying to teach new players how to play.. let alone setting all these new limitations and having them switch? I would literally drive a nail through my freaking head.. lol plz no

Well I'm suggesting no changes to the actual mechanics of the mode just the selection of the available vehicles and you wouldnt need to explain to them which vehicles are available and which ones are not because like all the other events in war thunder that limit vehicle choices it can be made to automatically only show the vehicles available in each slot that are compatible with that mode when a player clicks on each crew slot.

War thunder does that by default already, you actually have to tick a button to get it to not do that.

But I understand there does tend to be a lot of stupid floating around and you tend to get stuck with herding it and you have my sympathies.

EDIT: Also irrelevant they've confirmed in another thread they can only limit vehicle classes not specific vehicles

Edited by DeKrieg

Posted (edited)

meh, 8x8 is also ruined in RB, at least in ground forces, meta is now 2 is6 2 t29s, any non premium tank is a waste. So my guess they want to force the premium tank meta in AB also, dont fall for the trap.

Edited by SoD

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, zerbah said:

Hello everyone,

We would like to invite you to test the new format of 8v8 battles in the squadron tournament available in the Events and Tournaments section of the game client.

More information about it: 

http://warthunder.com/en/news/4724-esport-combined-battles-in-the-squadron-tournament-en

There is some kind of problem with the mode, after 5 mins in que altough there were 22 squads in que we joined a game in spectatormode in the top it said "waiting for data from the server". After about 5min of nice chat with the enemy nothing had changed. We left after those 5mins not worth the time.

Edited by schtreusel

29 minutes ago, schtreusel said:

There is some kind of problem with the mode, after 5 mins in que altough there were 22 squads in que we joined a game in spectatormode in the top it said "waiting for data from the server". After about 5min of nice chat with the enemy nothing had changed. We left after those 5mins not worth the time.

There is a technical problem with the tournament, it will be switched off for an hour and return when it is fixed.

5 hours ago, metthew1993 said:

At this time, many realist squadrons participate in the tournament, or the squadrons will vote the same way about changing the battles since they are not playing arcade squad battles anyway.

we ain't voting on that, we were just asked to test to see if the event was working after it was fixed when it broke.

8 hours ago, schtreusel said:

Is there a way to see the top 8 players in the testevent? Currently it only shows the normal AB sqb score when you click on each squadron.

The statistics department is processing the tournament results, we will publish them and the lists of top players in each squadron tomorrow. Also, the prizes will be issued as soon as I have the final lists of winners.