zerbah

IMPORTANT! Changes in the Arcade Squadron Battles from May 1st, 2017

96 posts in this topic

*The changes are cancelled for now, based on the input of the players. We will create a special Event where you can test the new format and we will gather your opinions on it.

 

Dear Arcade Squadron Battles players,

 

With the start of the next season of the Squadron Battles, on May 1st 2017, the following changes are planned in the Arcade Squadron Battles:

Number of players remains the same - 8 vs 8.

 

Number of spawns per team is limited to 24

Each player of the team can spawn maximum 4 times.

The team can take into battle maximum of:

10 Medium/Light tanks

4 Heavy tanks

6 SPGs
4 SPAAs

4 Fighter aircraft

1 Attacker aircraft

2 Bomber aircraft
Note: In case of successful landing on the friendly airfield, rearming and repairing an aircraft, a player can change the vehicle without losing a respawn. 
This rule does not apply on ground vehicles. 

 

Clarification:

This format allows you to use more crews than the actual one and will bring the Squadron Battles and tournaments to the same game format which will give all teams who play the Squadron Battles more chances at winning the tournaments. Just by playing the Squadron Battles, players will actually train for the tournaments.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vodka Vodka yummi yum...

Nothing more to say. Why you never learn from Your mistakes? Never saw a Company like gaijin. complaining about Not enough Players in the sqb Mode and bringing a Change like this...

Last big update we went down from possible 160 Planes to 16 possible Planes. Now we go down from 16 to 7 possible Planes. Including 2 useless Bombers. And you really ask why just a few Players wanna Play this Mode?

So Tell me, What you expect with this New Change? Why Are you doing this?

 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grummelkopf said:

Vodka Vodka yummi yum...

Nothing more to say. Why you never learn from Your mistakes? Never saw a Company like gaijin. complaining about Not enough Players in the sqb Mode and bringing a Change like this...

Last big update we went down from possible 160 Planes to 16 possible Planes. Now we go down from 16 to 7 possible Planes. Including 2 useless Bombers. And you really ask why just a few Players wanna Play this Mode?

So Tell me, What you expect with this New Change? Why Are you doing this?

 

To fit to the falling curve of reality.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh boy... This game mode has lost it. It is a complete ground game now with the new changes. Tankers will love the changes, fighters will hate it. In RB the anti air are not as accurate but in AB those 4 anti air will counter the 4 fighter planes easily. I too wonder why the changes are being made. Is it become teams with good pilots seem to be winning more? Or has it to do with the fact that those players are generally better in general. 4 planes left to fly with from the 16 in this season..

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A fine piece of work, I think we can all agree.

 

4 AAA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 7 planes, 3 of which are fat and useless.

 

You are a true hater of balance aren't you? You see balance and you slap it in the face until it cries and runs home.Then you stand there hands on hips laughing like a real man.

Edited by _Rustle_
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

zerbah this is completely xxxx. instead of  changing what's wrong with squadron battles, the scoring system, you completely ruin the mode. this is completely broken. instead of changing the gameplay. why dont you fix the xxxx scoring system so we dont have to grind 24/7 for months to be number 1? and instead put an elo system?

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive congrats on this superb well thought out move as now players who only have planes/dedicated can just use them and vice versa with tankers..congrats on bringing those players back in to squadron battles!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Grim_Brit said:

Massive congrats on this superb well thought out move as now players who only have planes/dedicated can just use them and vice versa with tankers..congrats on bringing those players back in to squadron battles!

 

Jesus, this is next level irony. To point out that this totally limits options by removing almost all the air and would be a logistical mess over an 8 player team. Great work highlighting that when you have 1 single player dedicated to planes (because you could only have 1 right? Math right?) would be an utter disaster. Just amazing. I stand in awe.

 

Or, this was said without irony. Then... Well... Wow. Tell me when you're in queue. (jk - grind your stuff :), live the grind).

Edited by _Rustle_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

War Thunder always was marketed as this one awesome game that is so special becouse you can participate in a combined battles. But the longer i play the stronger i feel that it just does not work together. And all those unsuccessful balancing changes are good indication for that.

Edited by SzalonyKalbur
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, _Rustle_ said:

 

Jesus, this is next level irony. To point out that this totally limits options by removing almost all the air and would be a logistical mess over an 8 player team. Great work highlighting that when you have 1 single player dedicated to planes (because you could only have 1 right? Math right?) would be an utter disaster. Just amazing. I stand in awe.

 

Or, this was said without irony. Then... Well... Wow. Tell me when you're in queue. (jk - grind your stuff :), live the grind).

 

I think you're missing the point here. Grim is just stating that the current load out of squadron battles alienated those squadron members who didn't grind any tanks - their full potential would not be fulfilled by only spawning 2 planes and no tanks. This new, revised method allows people who -just- have planes or -just- have tanks to now contribute to squadron battles.

 

I quite like the idea of these new changes. Members of your squadron will need to compile well thought out and strategic line ups of vehicles to use. Whereas before it was just, "bring the best you have" now you will have to decide amongst yourselves who has the stronger line up of vehicles and what their individual strengths are - planes or tanks or simply both. Blanket tactics of "all go air first" may no longer work, however if you choose you could have 7 planes in the air to start.

 

Very interesting indeed...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rustle..100t has some of the best pilots in the game who can easily last max 2 spawns and then if required go back re-arm and come out in somthing else or they wont even need to if they hold the air and there is more chance of that happening now so why the big fuss?? this is better than the crappy method happening right now and an easy evolution for the likes of 100t who used to practice min deaths max kills in most of the games i met them in to get a great k/d so this should be like taking candy from a child right? but consider the other factors..the present method took away the need for 11 slots so more players could play who didnt do like a l;ot of us did and get 11 but were forced to use both planes and tanks..now even that has changed bringing more players ready for battles.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This format allows you to use more crews than the actual one and will bring the Squadron Battles and tournaments to the same game format which will give all teams who play the Squadron Battles more chances at winning the tournaments. Just by playing the Squadron Battles, players will actually train for the tournaments.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, zerbah said:

This format allows you to use more crews than the actual one and will bring the Squadron Battles and tournaments to the same game format which will give all teams who play the Squadron Battles more chances at winning the tournaments. Just by playing the Squadron Battles, players will actually train for the tournaments.

 

 

Don't try and tell us players that play this 24/7 that this let's us bring more crews. IT DOESNT. 5 > 4. PLUS. Before the team had a combined spawn pool of 24 tanks and 16 airplanes. picking from whatever we wanted, as long as its 2 planes and 3 tanks. now, the whole team can only spawn 3 times.  so don't try to say ''You can bring more crews''! that is BS and you know it. 

 

Putting limits on amount of heavy tanks, light tanks, planes, aaa's is just narrowing down tactical variety! you are forcing us to play the game in the way you want to! what;s next? only 1 respawn? 

 

There is a reason why NO one plays AB tournaments,and you guys have to cancel the last 4x4 because THERE WEREN'T ENOUGH TEAMS APPLYING TO PLAY! remember that? the format was really similar to the one you guys are introducing, and only like 5 teams signed up, so you guys cancelled it. lol.

 

guess what. people play squadron battles because they like squadron battles. why do you have to make the sq b format a tournament format? it's just so surprising how you guys make a really bad format for tournaments that no one wants to play, and then shove it down squadron battles. instead, why not make changes to sq battles that actually improve the scoring system, or fix bugs causing players to crash out of games constantly? 

 

seriously zerbah, i sometimes think there is no thought process and discussion behind decision making at gaijin. Since you've seen what a failure ab tournaments were, why not keep variety in game modes instead of making sqb a tournament format? that makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by _NXL
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Grim_Brit said:

Rustle..100t has some of the best pilots in the game who can easily last max 2 spawns and then if required go back re-arm and come out in somthing else or they wont even need to if they hold the air and there is more chance of that happening now so why the big fuss?? this is better than the crappy method happening right now and an easy evolution for the likes of 100t who used to practice min deaths max kills in most of the games i met them in to get a great k/d so this should be like taking candy from a child right? but consider the other factors..the present method took away the need for 11 slots so more players could play who didnt do like a l;ot of us did and get 11 but were forced to use both planes and tanks..now even that has changed bringing more players ready for battles.

 

Being obnoxious aside...

 

The ABSB game right now is a reasonable balance between plane and tank. You would need to be good at both. I can see that currently if one team sucks in the air it will be hard game for them. The whole game is shifting to tanks. The quality of play in pub is terrible. However, gaijin allow the bomber spam and that's what we all get.

 

ABSB is actually a decent test in terms of 8v8 and makes the RBSB look stupid. As usual the change comes without context and I see no benefit to this at all. This pushes ABSB to almost entirely a tank game, the pendulum is pushed way too far. I can't see what you are thinking, this will be a tank game with very limited impact from air. The 4 AA spawns will destroy what's left of any air spawns after they have finished.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9/10 games one team is forced onto the ground anyway due to the other being better on the first wave but at least with this way most if not all teams will have to limit the air used on the first wave or any wave at all and yes i agree with the aaa limit its unrealistic but isnt it actually worth thinking of those players who cannot use both air and ground equally in the present format? any top 15 team will force other teams outside the top 15 to use all there spawns and you guys do face us and others outside the top 10 just by using the whole friends list queue system.

Let us get more people playing with less slots or that only have ground or air..more games for you guys yes?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zerbah said:

This format allows you to use more crews than the actual one and will bring the Squadron Battles and tournaments to the same game format which will give all teams who play the Squadron Battles more chances at winning the tournaments. Just by playing the Squadron Battles, players will actually train for the tournaments.

 

 

 

I can agree with having all forms of the game using the same format. The biggest mistake you ever made (or was forced on you) was to leave the RBSB in the 8v8 format and not push it to the TL format. 

 

That said, this game mode is just bad. The limitations are not going to add some kind of tactical depth that you think it will. 

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Grim_Brit said:

9/10 games one team is forced onto the ground anyway due to the other being better on the first wave but at least with this way most if not all teams will have to limit the air used on the first wave or any wave at all and yes i agree with the aaa limit its unrealistic but isnt it actually worth thinking of those players who cannot use both air and ground equally in the present format? any top 15 team will force other teams outside the top 15 to use all there spawns and you guys do face us and others outside the top 10 just by using the whole friends list queue system.

Let us get more people playing with less slots or that only have ground or air..more games for you guys yes?

 

Some teams are better than others, some team's mothers are better than other team's mothers (1986).

 

A good team will always dump on a bad team. Clearing the air forces your opponent to adapt. That's how things should work. At that point AA is the way to go. What you are saying here is that we're getting widened by teams that are better than us. We need to add in RNG and lower the skill ceiling. This new game mode is not going to cater to a player who only likes air. This will be a tank game.

 

If you want to lessen the impact of air... Don't allow allow bombs on fighters at all. They would only be usable to deny enemy bomber/attackers. This change with all of these conditions is going to make it harder for you. You are going to need a very diverse deck of spaded things. 

 

2 minutes ago, Cheese_Stealer said:

this is going to be hard for 100T...... brain is needed )))

 

Can you point me to the right place to buy one? I can only see the charity shop where Brits beg for wins.

Edited by _Rustle_
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not begging for any win and i fully admit how good the top teams are but we at Brits dont want to have that pressure of being a top 10 team but do play battles every night and we do enjoy them but its great that this does mean more of our members can now step up and play without being forced to embrace the grind of both ground and air.

Nothing will faze the likes of 100t from the top spots but let the rest of us still compete without the pressure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grim_Brit said:

Im not begging for any win and i fully admit how good the top teams are but we at Brits dont want to have that pressure of being a top 10 team but do play battles every night and we do enjoy them but its great that this does mean more of our members can now step up and play without being forced to embrace the grind of both ground and air.

Nothing will faze the likes of 100t from the top spots but let the rest of us still compete without the pressure.

 

Third time.

 

You will need both for this to work. You could have some tank only players. Air only would be stupid.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cheese_Stealer said:

this is going to be hard for 100T...... brain is needed )))

 

LOL, said a guy of the Squad who got rekt all the time by 100t... You weren´t able to use your brain in the current mode... so point the finger on yourself and get good :D

But you will see, we will still crush your balls ;-) because we got more brain than you expect.

 

Anyways... This new mode is a bit xxxx. But yeah, it will change nothing in the rankings and nothing on the amount of players playing Sqb. Great job gaijin ^^

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.