Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodruff42

Ruhr citynames spelled wrong?

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On the Ruhr map there are currently two citynames spelled incorrectly:

1. Wessel (as opposed to the correct "Wesel")

2. Dusseldorf (as opposed to the correct "Düsseldorf")

Formerly Gelsenkirchen was spelled as "Gelsen-Kirchen" but this error has been fixed as of now.

My assumption until last patch was that the dev team used a historical map to model the ingame map, but since they corrected Gelsenkirchen I doubt it now.

I added a screenshot of the modern Ruhr area from Gogle maps

Edit: With 'historical map' I don't mean any German historical maps (the cities were never called that way historically) but historical ones used and fabricated by non-Germanspeaking Allied Forces.

Unbenannt.PNG

ruhr modern.PNG

Edited by woodruff42

Not again this "umlaut-all-the-world".

"ü" and "u" is the same for normal educated people, who knows, that their alphabet is not the one on the entire globe.

4 minutes ago, Fog_of_War said:

"ü" and "u" is the same for normal educated people, who knows, that their alphabet is not the one on the entire globe.

I agree and I normally wouldn't have brought it up, but  "Mülheim" (as in "Essen-Mülheim Airport") is already spelled with an 'Umlaut' , consequently the same needs to be done for 'Düsseldorf'.

2 hours ago, Fog_of_War said:

Incorrect. The Umlaut for 'u' is spelled as 'ue' when using QWERTZ.

3 hours ago, PainGod85 said:

Incorrect. The Umlaut for 'u' is spelled as 'ue' when using QWERTZ.

QWERTZ should have üäö on it already... alas mine has...

though the "u" for "Ü" normaly is more a convinience thing imho... it's faster to write "Dusseldorf" for "Düsseldorf" instead of "Duesseldorf", also because it looks more similiar to the original. Btw from what i've seen via google: Düsseldorf also is the name of Düsseldorf in the english language... so saying "it's because international stuff" is not correct

I couldn't care less, as I doubt any non German would really be seeing it or even bother with it.

The amount of wrong spelled German words here in the UK is anyway far beyond anything and I as native German would only correct people if they ask me how it is properly spelled.

And I suggest there are a lot more problems the Devs should care about then to spell the names on an virtual map right.

On the end,

Theiyr're --Take that, grammar police

Cheers NO_DRAGON

14 hours ago, RohmMohc said:

QWERTZ should have üäö on it already... alas mine has...

though the "u" for "Ü" normaly is more a convinience thing imho... it's faster to write "Dusseldorf" for "Düsseldorf" instead of "Duesseldorf", also because it looks more similiar to the original. Btw from what i've seen via google: Düsseldorf also is the name of Düsseldorf in the english language... so saying "it's because international stuff" is not correct

Read what I mean, not what I write, dammit! :P

2 hours ago, NO_DRAGON said:

On the end,

Theiyr're --Take that, grammar police

wpid-unnamed-21-jpg1.jpeg

12 hours ago, PainGod85 said:

Read what I mean, not what I write, dammit! :P

wpid-unnamed-21-jpg1.jpeg

I couldn't care less ;)Ce2.jpg.ec72a4f424cb436ba7fa43822e89597b Even if I am not anymore on duty.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0