Stona

Update 21.04.2017 (Server Update)

fireflyMk1.jpg

Screenshot of Firefly F Mk 1 created by Motherbrain | Find more Player created content on Live.WarThunder!

• Firefly F Mk I has been fixed according to data sheet, ammo load for Hispano Mk II cannon now 145 and 175 rounds for internal and external weaponry respectively. Ammo will be added to the X-ray view in one of the nearest updates. 
  • AI Smaller sized vessels’ damage Model is now more detailed, previously there was a simplified DM and occasionally it was problematic to destroy these vessels with various ammo belts. 

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 4

AI Smaller sized vessels’ damage Model is now more detailed

Thank god , I couldn't kill those landing crafts even with my Hs129B-3 with 3 shots and with all sorts of ammo belts 

Edited by Novaxinee
  • Upvote 2

On 19.4.2017 at 4:43 PM, Stona said:

fireflyMk1.jpg

Screenshot of Firefly F Mk 1 crated by Motherbrain | Find more Player created content on Live.WarThunder!

• Firefly F Mk I has been fixed according to data sheet, ammo load for Hispano Mk II cannon now 145 and 175 rounds for internal and external weaponry respectively. Ammo will be added to the X-ray view in one of the nearest updates. 
  • AI Smaller sized vessels’ damage Model is now more detailed, previously there was a simplified DM and occasionally it was problematic to destroy these vessels with various ammo belts. 

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

So, does that mean the Firefly Mk I now has 640 rounds of 20mm ammunition in total? If so...

HALLELUJA!!!

I spaded it a long time ago, but for everyone else it is now much easier to fight effectively in it... 60(or was it 70?) rounds per gun with no backup weapon was hilariously insufficient and meant that it couldn't engage any soft targets(or light pillboxes with AP rounds) without becoming totally defenseless if some enemy fighter comes by for a delicious Firefly snack. Not to mention that 60 RpG of the british Hispano Anti-Ground Belt wasn't even enough to kill a single light pillbox!

By the way... why is it that the british AP shell has lower penetration than the US AP-I shell on what is essentially the same gun? :dntknw:

Edited by SD501st
medal medal medal

I was unloading on them on, Midway I think it was, with my A26 and 14 50cals got 3 "hits" and not one destroyed! Figured something was wrong, especially since some maps, the LC's still seemed to have normal damage requirements.

medal medal medal

On 19/04/2017 at 3:43 PM, Stona said:

HALLELUJAH MAKE MK 103 GREAT AGAIN

Seriously, I had just gotten the He 219 yesterday to see what all the fuss was about, only to find that neither minengeschoss nor HVAP from the MK 103 was even capable of scratching the stalinium boats. After confirming the issue in the B6R3, it took my hatred for Norway to a whole new level.

I hope this doesn't mean that the boats will retain their survivability when hit in 80% of their hitbox. That would still make the adamantium boats stronger than heavy tanks. I'm not sure why the landing craft DM even needed to be changed from what it was before.