Sign in to follow this  
i_ivanof

Fw-190 (non-premium) repair costs are too high

Most planes get around a 2-3 times higher repair cost in HB than in AB, but the Fw-190s get a 4-5 times higher repair cost. This is pure nonsence, they are already expensive enough, the D12 is around 70k when its 17 k in arcade, the A5 has 17k, while its 3.5k on arcade. Sure, they are very good planes, but if it weren't for the waves of cheap premium D-13, which has 10k, they wouldn't be that game breaking.
Their repairs need to be lower. The same goes for many American planes.

• Upvote 10
medal medal medal

Most planes get around a 2-3 times higher repair cost in HB than in AB, but the Fw-190s get a 5 times higher repair cost. This is pure nonsence, they are already expensive enough, the D12 is around 70k when its 17 k in arcade, the A5 has 17k, while its 3.5k on arcade. Sure, they are very good planes, but if it weren't for the waves of cheap premium D-13, which has 10k, they wouldn't be that game breaking.

Interesting fact: Sabre has a lower repair cost or only marginally higher(5k more max) then almost all the highest tier german PROP planes... Id say the sabre repair is dirt cheap but yes, planes like the p-47, f4u1c(35K) for example

• Upvote 2

Yeah man it's crazy. The repairs don't have to be dirt cheap but the NEED to be lower. Some repairs make no sense - example - corsair 1c tier 12, 4 20mm, repair 35k vs tempest tier 14, 4 20mm, repair 19k. Like what's up with the randomness in repair differences???

We grind hard and pay 1milllion lions + for high tier planes and then can only use them once every 3 days?!?!? It's stupid
medal

IS beta.... they will change this...

Don't pull that overused argument card because it stopped working as soon as item shop was introduced. Besides they have all the time in the world to hot fix repair prices so either way this won't work.

Regardless - Anton and Dora have ridiculously high repair costs for their tiers but so do many other aircraft. Thunderbolt is one example but overtiered Zeros are another. I say - dump the whole idea of different repair costs for different game modes and normalize repair costs according to tiers with only slight changes to take armament into account.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Perhaps they could use varying repair costs to influence which planes players use, and as mentioned this can be done as often as needed.

Perhaps they could use varying repair costs to influence which planes players use, and as mentioned this can be done as often as needed.

then German side will whine more about repair costs, and those Dora player will whine the most when their plane costs 40k repair...coz everyone is spamming it.

medal medal medal medal medal

Most planes get around a 2-3 times higher repair cost in HB than in AB, but the Fw-190s get a 4-5 times higher repair cost. This is pure nonsence, they are already expensive enough, the D12 is around 70k when its 17 k in arcade, the A5 has 17k, while its 3.5k on arcade. Sure, they are very good planes, but if it weren't for the waves of cheap premium D-13, which has 10k, they wouldn't be that game breaking.

I do not agree with you.

I think the reverse is the actual problem. The non-premium Fockwulf's are fine, and the D-13 is severely, SEVERELY undercosted.

This is why, if you queue up with the A-5, you can get a game in 1-2 minutes tops, while it takes forever to get a game in a D-13/Bf 109 G-10 because of cooperative equilibria, or Nash Equilibria, working completely against them. If everyone goes for the blonde in the room (D-13) then no one gets her (No one gets games, no income because you're just waiting).

But if everyone goes after different women (XVI, Typhoon Late, Corsair C, Shiden's, Yak-3's, La-7's, P-47's/63's/51's, Tempest, etc, etc, etc) everyone gets games, and the potential for lions.

I own a D-13, and I strongly feel it was the worst thing to happen to this game. I never fly it, I would rather fly my G-10 which is in the same tier, but I get no games, or just jet games. 

It was introduced FAR too early in this games life cycle, and it needs something added to the allied sides in terms of earning potential in fighters at that tier for us to see any change in high tier matchmaking.

• Upvote 5
medal medal

Good post, Commander :-)

They could have an online system that increases the cost of planes that are too popular, if it's causing MM issues, and increase the rewards of other tiers and planes as needed. I think that in the short term they could increase the lower tier rewards a lot to get players down there - though I know the German planes in those tiers have a bad rep.

Are they really weaker or do players dislike them because they are now used to the better, higher tiered planes?

Repair cost for D-12 in HB is ok for me. Sure it may be high but it encourages you to follow survivability principle...and thats not the strongest point of some D-13 players - they gain some alt then rush like crazy for the easy low flying targets. And then suddenly im alone in my D-12 against 5 enemy fighters with 60k repair bill on my neck. Like CmdrSloth said: its the D-13 that is too cheap to repair.

I do not agree with you.

I think the reverse is the actual problem. The non-premium Fockwulf's are fine, and the D-13 is severely, SEVERELY undercosted.

This is why, if you queue up with the A-5, you can get a game in 1-2 minutes tops, while it takes forever to get a game in a D-13/Bf 109 G-10 because of cooperative equilibria, or Nash Equilibria, working completely against them. If everyone goes for the blonde in the room (D-13) then no one gets her (No one gets games, no income because you're just waiting).

But if everyone goes after different women (XVI, Typhoon Late, Corsair C, Shiden's, Yak-3's, La-7's, P-47's/63's/51's, Tempest, etc, etc, etc) everyone gets games, and the potential for lions.

I own a D-13, and I strongly feel it was the worst thing to happen to this game. I never fly it, I would rather fly my G-10 which is in the same tier, but I get no games, or just jet games. 

It was introduced FAR too early in this games life cycle, and it needs something added to the allied sides in terms of earning potential in fighters at that tier for us to see any change in high tier matchmaking.

You actually have fun playing this game with the high repair costs??? no plane should have a repair of more than 10000 in any circumstance.

medal medal medal

You actually have fun playing this game with the high repair costs??? no plane should have a repair of more than 10000 in any circumstance.

And the 10000 lion figure is based on? Feelings? Its not the matter of enjoying but  rather creating a system in which players immerse into HB, flying plane like a real aircraft not like a lionmaking machine that is just "meh, 4K and i we grind again".

And the 10000 lion figure is based on? Feelings? Its not the matter of enjoying but  rather creating a system in which players immerse into HB, flying plane like a real aircraft not like a lionmaking machine that is just "meh, 4K and i we grind again".

10k is good for a d-13, its the others that are too high 

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal

My theory is that the utility of the plane factors in on the repair cost. Take for example, a baseline. The P-51, a rank 13 plane with the same repair cost as the tier 11 Fw190A-5/U3. However, the 190A-5/U3 can carry a bomb load, which increases it's 'utility'. The same goes for every 190 model, with the exception being the 190D-13, as it is a premium plane.

Conversly, the tier 9 American P-47D has a repair cost of 20k lions, however it can carry a devastating payload of rockets and bombs, far in excess of any comparable German plane. Which, under the current system, would justify the high repair cost.

I believe the system is flawed, as currently it is suboptimal to use fighterbombers. When I fly my Fw190F-8, or to a lesser extent my 190A-5/U3, I am probably only using bombs less than 10% of the time, and on my A-5 not at all. I am still hamstrung by the high repair costs. The P-47 is the best example, unladen it is a decent fighter, however people end up loading it up with max payload in an effort to make some lions back to justify the repair cost.

Perhaps some of the current meta problems would be fixed simply by lowering the repair cost on Fighter-Bombers.

EDIT: The P-51 can carry both rockets and bombers, but not both at the same time. Interesting how the 'fighter-bomber' classification doesn't apply to it. It blows my baseline out of the water, but I still believe that they are overpricing the repair on fighter bombers.

10k is good for a d-13, its the others that are too high 

Well, that's an interesting take but I don't think that's the case. If we go by the current prices then D-13's pricing should be somewhere around 20-30k. It performs -that- well.

As for the OP's claim.

When I first got into HB's, I though those repairs were through the roof. Having been part of some.. 850 or so HB matches now, I've gotten a different view. I think those repairs are just fine. They felt discouraging at first, especially with a plane like P-47, but these days I'm not afraid of taking it out either, despite the fact that it's FM isn't quite what it's supposed to be.
When we start talking about planes like K-4 or D-12, G-6 or even F4U-1C, then I can understand if people don't feel like playing them all the time because a streak of bad matches can really hurt your savings.
That's exactly how it should be too.. the high repairs are there to discourage people from flying their high tier planes all the time. The main focus ought to be in the mid-tiers, which admittedly, in my opinion at least, are the most fun. The real classics of WW2.

Of course, all of this could change and be taken into a whole different direction, everything is still open. I mean, in another F2P game(giant space robots) the whole repair and re-arming concept was dumped completely because it didn't quite work the way it should have.
In a game like War Thunder, it wouldn't quite work.. and I think it's important that the repair costs discourage people from flying those late-war planes/jets all the time, or their over the top ridiculous firepower planes like the current G-6.

As for the potential issue with profits. I dunno. I play fighters mainly and I've managed to buy new planes consistently without having the need to actually play farmville on D-13 or bombers/premium bombers/any prem plane for the matter.
I've bought planes like P-51 and Spitfire XVI and made profit on both, despite the awful matchings you get most of the time and the fact that Allies lose like 80% of the matches :P

medal

+ 1 for lowering non-premium repair costs.

It just forces us to fly premium.....

hummm....

yeah...

Probably what they want anyway :P

I was serious about the +1 though, some planes get retarded high costs like the p-47 and g-6.

medal medal

Well, that's an interesting take but I don't think that's the case. If we go by the current prices then D-13's pricing should be somewhere around 20-30k. It performs -that- well.

As for the OP's claim.

When I first got into HB's, I though those repairs were through the roof. Having been part of some.. 850 or so HB matches now, I've gotten a different view. I think those repairs are just fine. They felt discouraging at first, especially with a plane like P-47, but these days I'm not afraid of taking it out either, despite the fact that it's FM isn't quite what it's supposed to be.
When we start talking about planes like K-4 or D-12, G-6 or even F4U-1C, then I can understand if people don't feel like playing them all the time because a streak of bad matches can really hurt your savings.
That's exactly how it should be too.. the high repairs are there to discourage people from flying their high tier planes all the time. The main focus ought to be in the mid-tiers, which admittedly, in my opinion at least, are the most fun. The real classics of WW2.

Of course, all of this could change and be taken into a whole different direction, everything is still open. I mean, in another F2P game(giant space robots) the whole repair and re-arming concept was dumped completely because it didn't quite work the way it should have.
In a game like War Thunder, it wouldn't quite work.. and I think it's important that the repair costs discourage people from flying those late-war planes/jets all the time, or their over the top ridiculous firepower planes like the current G-6.

As for the potential issue with profits. I dunno. I play fighters mainly and I've managed to buy new planes consistently without having the need to actually play farmville on D-13 or bombers/premium bombers/any prem plane for the matter.
I've bought planes like P-51 and Spitfire XVI and made profit on both, despite the awful matchings you get most of the time and the fact that Allies lose like 80% of the matches :P

Sure high tier planes are supposed to cost alot to repair but they are too high and have seemingly random repairs. Like what I said about the tier 12 corsair with 35k repair and tier 14 tempest 19k repair. Both have 4 20mm so why is the lower tier plane higher in repair? It's like gajin rolled the dice for high tier repair costs.

And we spend so much time grinding for high tier planes and spend a LOAD of lions buying them and can only fly them every 3-7 days. Sorry but it is stupid!

Like I said, high teir planes don't need to be dirt cheap but the need to be lower the they are now! and they need to be fairly consistent too, not seemingly random like they are now.
medal

Yes, these are my actual opinions, and not satire, or other forms of entertainment. I actually have fun playing this game with a Fw-190 A-5 that has a 18k~ repair cost, because 2-3 kills with it can make 60-70k lions. Risk versus reward. 

If no plane costed more than 10,000 to repair you'd have to lop off a zero at the end of every lion reward we get.

Basically it would turn into...

Pilot One: "Ooh, I shot down a bad Saber pilot in my prop plane!"

Pilot Two: "Who cares? It only cost him 10k to repair. lol scrub."

The fact that you inflict some kind of lasting economical damage on the player by taking out his more advanced aircraft is all part of the competitive spirit that is a part of this game.

Take away high repair costs, and this game officially becomes Call of Planes: Not-Really-Modern Airwarfare. 

• Upvote 3
medal medal

Yes, these are my actual opinions, and not satire, or other forms of entertainment. I actually have fun playing this game with a Fw-190 A-5 that has a 18k~ repair cost, because 2-3 kills with it can make 60-70k lions. Risk versus reward. 

If no plane costed more than 10,000 to repair you'd have to lop off a zero at the end of every lion reward we get.

The fact that you inflict some kind of lasting economical damage on the player by taking out his more advanced aircraft is all part of the competitive spirit that is a part of this game.

Take away high repair costs, and this game officially becomes Call of Planes: Not-Really-Modern Airwarfare. 

And on top of that, nobody would fly the lower tiers if the high tiers were extremely cheap, except maybe for "fun". It'd go in the ways of WoT where only the high tiers mattered. I'd rather have this stay as a game where all planes matter, where all planes are supported, especially since majority of the mid-tiers are the planes that actually made the war be what it was in the air at least. Not the first few tiers and not the last ones either.

And like you said, the A-5 can earn it's repairs back easily enough.
I don't see why it'd be high enough for anyone, unless they fail to kill and lose all their matches all the time, which is impossible when flying Germans :P

And like I wrote earlier, I've had little trouble earning money even though I fly some highly expensive planes. If the repairs went down a lot then I'd be rolling in cash and soon I'd have very little to do with it. Right now the only -huge- expense I can think of is the crew-training. It's not a big deal when you don't fly Arcade, especially on fighters, but it does help bombers a bit with the gunners skills going up.
Otherwise I've managed to buy every play I've wanted and get their upgrades also without turning this game into some huge grind for money.

medal

While the high reapir costs may be justified by great perfomance/loads of powerful guns, etc. its just wrong when a nation's rank 15-19 planes' repairs all cost more or equal to the repairs of a rank 20 jet.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

+1. Something else, i would like very much that they would make rewards dependant on how hier your tier is compared to your killed plane. It would make shooting a jet with say a tier 12-15 plane give the reward it deserves and also when shooting down say a tier 6 with your tier 13 would be far from as profitable.

• Upvote 1

Even that game is more fun than this crap. I am having absolutely no fun at all flying high tier planes. I can gain a lot of money but the thought of losing the money simply discourages me from playing at all. I never play in matches with my tier 11 or higher planes. Only arcade with biplanes. At least that is fun.

medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this