Joining Game issue

58e2565a354de_shot2017_04_0319_48_58.thuI was going through the bug reports and I came across this bug report that I assume prompted the fix...

One of the updates in Update 30.03.2017 (1.67.1.70)

....A rare bug where a battle could not be started from the lobby has been fixed.   

Anybody experiencing this After the update...I'm sure this is not unique to me...fix  it for some...then screws up others...looks like it in this case!!!! Well this screwed up mine. Something got really messed up in the join in process...taking too long to join in... making changes to spawn points and vehicles goes into black screen, "processing operation" then fails, will have cancel option, then a 30 second timer appears, then you can join... by this time the team has already moved forward while I've been stuck trying to enter the battle... Even when I don't make any changes...it still takes forever...I'm usually first out of the gate...now the team has already captured before I even get to join in, this is really messed up...It was fine the way it was...please guys..roll it back or something...this has really screwed up my game.

Note: Respawning is no problem at all...no "processing operation" delays...so clearly it's just in the Join in phase

Just to eliminate the cause...which was not much of an issue before...I do have slow internet...but as I said it was not an issue before.

Is there something I'm not doing...or did I just get screwed by the update...any suggestions!!!!

2017_03_31_10_52_29__1448.clog

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Oldtimer1955
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello, @Oldtimer1955.

Please do following:

1. delete the config.blk in C:\WarThunder\
  2. move all user skins out from your War Thunder directory
  3. start launcher and check files
  4. readjust all settings in launcher new
  5. start game and test it again

And how is the reproduciblitiy? Always, sometimes, random?

If your issue is still present, please provide new clog file of this test (as small as possible).

Note that after 48 hours without response, the report will be closed and you will need to resubmit the issue in a new bug report.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

At the beginning of a battle, if I chose a vehicle to spawn in, BUT THEN decide to cancel the spawn to change to another vehicle, there will be 9/10 a chance to get stuck on such a screen which lasts about 30 seconds. during which time you could no nothing but wait.

It's not a network issue since after I spawn in I can play just fine with normal ping. I think it's a client - server communication issue.

shot 2017.04.04 20.04.05.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, FredericusRer said:

Hello, @Oldtimer1955.

Please do following:

1. delete the config.blk in C:\WarThunder\
  2. move all user skins out from your War Thunder directory
  3. start launcher and check files
  4. readjust all settings in launcher new
  5. start game and test it again

And how is the reproduciblitiy? Always, sometimes, random?

If your issue is still present, please provide new clog file of this test (as small as possible).

Note that after 48 hours without response, the report will be closed and you will need to resubmit the issue in a new bug report.

Sir...you are a genius and a life saver, again you came through...Although I am satisfied with the fix...I am still noticing some anomalies...So far, Joining in Without any changes in vehicles or spawn points or even camo...will not result in the "processing operation" issue. I am testing changing some load out changes...that still result in the "processing operation" and the results vary...if you do your changes quick enough before it loads completely...it appears to not trigger this, But after the map is loaded completely and you select another vehicle or spawn point...it may or may not trigger this process, but does not appear to take that long this time....but I think this was normal even before? I'll remember to do this before sending in bug issues :)

I am still testing and please suggest other fixes if applicable...I will share this in some other threads with this issue, if they haven't already figured it out...Thanks again Herr FredericusRer

Playing tonight right now...and absolutelyno problems right now...change or not change...joining not issue now.

Edited by Oldtimer1955
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks. :>

15 hours ago, Oldtimer1955 said:

Playing tonight right now...and absolutelyno problems right now...change or not change...joining not issue now.

So, solved?

Good to know. \o/

Therefore i will close the report now.
If you have new information you believe merits the report being opened, please contact another Senior TechMod via PM.

Nevertheless thank you for reporting and your efforts.

Greeting
FredericusRer