ToGulagForYou

What Happened to German Teams?

66 posts in this topic

Before patch 1.67, German teams were really good. Everyone was capturing points and completing the objectives, defeating allied teams. Now, after the patch was released, everything went down. Everyone was dead silent, games ended in 8 minutes or less after getting ROFLstomped, and in one game, all the mediums were camping in the back of the map and the tank destroyers were fighting on the frontlines. It just surprises me. What caused this to happen?

Posted (edited)

To me it feels also like german teams are worse. I'm playing at 6.3 right now and german teams are something else. Half of the team is already dead usually by the time I left spawn and reached a good position:016:

Probably a good time to start playing a new tech tree I guess:p:

Edited by AtomicPope

My guess is a large increase in those who normally dont play German tanks playing them or everyone switching sides to spade the new items. Since I dont play other countries much, I agree there has been a huge drop off in the tiers I play (1-4).  

I recently saw the majority of my teammates , 6.0 Germany , drive right up the middle of Ardennes with the results that you would expect. I , along with a Tiger went left flank and had targets of opportunity galore , but my Panther was bombed before I got off a shot.  (I spawned after the Tiger and had a hard time keeping up with him ). The edge of the map is where you want to be in most instances but I often find myself alone out there with multiple enemies. 

Spahpanzer and T34 happened.

Ru251 sounds like a good addition to Germany on paper: a fast tank to compliment the abundance of slow tanks Germany has, but in reality it doesn't work that well. Germany now suffers from the M18 "derp rush" syndrome that plagues many 5.3-6.3 US teams:

Half(or worse, more than half) of the team spawns in the Ru251, derp rushes the caps, gets themselves obliterated since those tanks can't defend worth a hoot, and then the match is pretty decided before it's over. The remaining Tiger2's and panthers desperately try to defend against the attackers now plowing through the Ru251's, but to no avail as the almighty T34 chugs forth with its low-profile hull and invincible frontal turret. Because all the spahpanzers are dead and there's not many tanks left on the German team, flanking is an impossible task given that, by this point, the allied teams are putting a chokehold on them around their spawns.

And that concludes 1.67 Germany matches in a nutshell. There are exceptions given that the composition of a team is random, but I see this pattern more often than any other thus far. Coming from someone who's spent far more time in Air RB than Tank RB, it reminds me of the time when the A26C was last made available through some event: Most of the allied teams would be A26 spam, they'd be gobbled up by German fighters, and what little fighters were left on the Allied teams would have absolutely no chance as they tried to cover for their teammates' lack thereof capability. Hopefully, like the A26 spam, this will soon fade. Until then it's starting to feel masochistic driving my new Tiger2 P(shame because it's so sexy when there aren't many Ru251's clogging up the roster save for its big 'shoot me for a free kill' turret.)

German teams were never good to begin with. Quality took a nosedive during the days of the 6.7 lineup of doom, and the RU251 has attracted plenty of people with more money than playing ability. 

Personally I got tired of being clubbed by the T29 so I bought one and now I play USA and its god mode, I figure I am not the only one. They power creeped the German 6.7 and below tanks out of existance.

48 minutes ago, KonigSchmidt said:

Personally I got tired of being clubbed by the T29 so I bought one and now I play USA and its god mode, I figure I am not the only one. They power creeped the German 6.7 and below tanks out of existance.

But 6.7 German tanks are still the best.

1 hour ago, Sh4g0h0d said:

German teams were never good to begin with.

This about sums it up--in AFs too.

German teams, just like any other bunched group of players, were never "above average" or "superior".

T29 was added, T32 got a BR decrease, an undertiered prem light tank was added to the german tree and an (almost) impenetrable from the front soviet heavy was added too, causing people playing with german tanks to actually think wth are they doing.

Again, there's no such thing as a "superior nation". The same people that mindlessly shoot at the UFP of my KTp carefully place a well aimed shoot in my T32s impenetrable turret. 

The players who knew what they're doing have moved on I guess.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Delphox said:

There are only 2 german 6.7 tanks left and they get out-gunned, out-armored and outmanouvered by almost everything they face. Which is why I don't even bother playing them anymore.

Edited by Noh4x

4 hours ago, Delphox said:

the Tiger II H is still very good, and one of the best 6.7 heavy among T29

but with panther II boost to 7.0

i struggle to get a line up with 6.7

I struggled a lot when I played with Panthers facing T29s all day (also, people in-game would always tell me to stay away from the Panthers, unless I wanted to lose). When I bought the KT Sla., things went a lot better. It felt that the tank was actually a good counterpart to the T29.

The T29 vs KT Sla became more of a "whoever sees the other first, wins". 

Nowadays I don't think the T29 nor the T32 are the problems, I can see other tanks being more of a problem.

2 hours ago, Noh4x said:

There are only 2 german 6.7 tanks left and they get out-gunned, out-armored and outmanouvered by almost everything they face. Which is why I don't even bother playing them anymore.

The only thing that outguns, outarmours and outmanouvers german tanks at that BR range is the B17 with the early 2016 god mode DM.

I was cursing over Tiger 2 players ever since I got within BR range of them.

The Tiger players and their vehicles have a startling resemblence to P-51s and their players in air RB. The sheer amount of bad plays with the Tiger 2 is insane. But the worst thing about it is that half the time people get away with it just because the Tiger 2 is that good.

So when the opposition gets better people fail. Since they are used to the forgiving playstyle.

7 minutes ago, MrChesse said:

I was cursing over Tiger 2 players ever since I got within BR range of them.

The Tiger players and their vehicles have a startling resemblence to P-51s and their players in air RB. The sheer amount of bad plays with the Tiger 2 is insane. But the worst thing about it is that half the time people get away with it just because the Tiger 2 is that good.

So when the opposition gets better people fail. Since they are used to the forgiving playstyle.

There is this reason, the fact that they have to face more often than not USSR/UK/USA with just Japan as an "ally" on mosh pit corridored maps where allied tanks will just have to wait for them and nail the first german vehicles that will dare to pop the front of it's turret in an attempt to take a shot, as pointed out before, RU 251 being played to cap points only, that could work if like M18 braindead players, you have a mighty ground Attack plane that will allow you to crush 2 to 3 german vehicles on the ground, but Germany does not have this option, and don't start with the Ho 229... It's not nearly as effective at ground pounding than an AD2 or a Wyvern spawning eraly in the game.

It's a mix of reason, good players that are finished with the german tech tree moved to other trees, the few good players that remian simply cannot carry teams made of completely incompetent players and the map design also does not favor german heavytanks in general... Better maps would actually help to even the things out... Not that it should be Kursk only maps but maps leaving more gameplay possibilities. Being forced in constant close combat is not fun, not that german tanks cannot do it but they are at real disadvantage in fights happening below 500 meters, and even more when it happens at near point blank range.

Adding more variety to gameplay would probably help german team a bit, in the very same way that reducing map size still and still helped the Allies. However gaijin simply went from one extreme to another, a lot of friends I have playing the game quit playing the German tech tree after they started to size the maps down and that Tunisia was added. Honneslty in two years no maps that were added were enjoyable from a gameplay perspective, Ill give Sinai some crédits for sometimes giving you the possibility to snipe from further than 1km as well as Mozdok even if the latest iteration of this map is terrible, but that's about it. Abandonned Factory is an atrocity Gaijin. Volokolamsk can be fun too. But thats it.

9 hours ago, Delphox said:

Nope, T29 so outclasses the Tiger 2 that it might as well not exist. And everything at 6.7 can one hit the KT through the turret with very little aim required. Meanwhile Tiger 2 has to aim for weak-spots twice to kill a t29, once to kill the turret crew and again to kill the driver.

23 minutes ago, KonigSchmidt said:

Nope, T29 so outclasses the Tiger 2 that it might as well not exist. And everything at 6.7 can one hit the KT through the turret with very little aim required. Meanwhile Tiger 2 has to aim for weak-spots twice to kill a t29, once to kill the turret crew and again to kill the driver.

You're over doing it, Tiger II and T29 are perfect nemesis to eachother. T29 drivers tend to be more skilled and also have better back up with them but no vehicle is superior to the other.

17 hours ago, ToGulagForYou said:

Before patch 1.67, German teams were really good. 

Generally I' playing AB, but there are same observations there.

- russian tanks have increased riccochet chance (due sloped armour),

- russian heavy tanks are overpowered (too heavy armour to penetrate),

- some US tanks goes down to lower BR,

Sometimes I'm wondering is there a fun playing GER tanks...

2 hours ago, Tantor57 said:

You're over doing it, Tiger II and T29 are perfect nemesis to eachother. T29 drivers tend to be more skilled and also have better back up with them but no vehicle is superior to the other.

even some maps are small, if the Tiger II H keep their distant, the turret cheek isnt really that big, i once hold up pretty well with a Tiger II H in my ferd

distant is our ally in those tank, and we toasted 1 T29, 1 T34, few US light tank without any dmg, until a M18 caught me off guard

actually the large Tiger II H fighting compartment is nightmare for my british tank, solid AP go through the cheek, and kill the gunner, that's it, and seeing Tiger II H back away, only when some commander is bright enough to load shell in the turret to give me bonus

is Tiger II H each or weaker than T29, I cant tell, but i dont found T29 any harder to kill than Tiger II H, and among 6.7 Heavy, Tiger II H is never at the bottom food chain, more like at very top end of it

On 3/21/2017 at 9:34 AM, Tantor57 said:

Then explain my personal stats. I am as skilled as they come, I have driven the KT since day one so vastly more experiance with it. Picked up the T29 and have a 4:1 KDR with it meanwhile my SLA16 is sitting at half that with 2:1. Don't come here saying T29 drivers have skill, no skill needed. Go hull down, see Tiger 2, Fire at turret, Tiger Blows up, on to the next one, if someone pens you, reverse and repair.