lebanesewarrior

RU251 OP for 6.7

362 posts in this topic

The Ru 251 has no business being the same BR as the Type 62

Type 62                                                            Ru 251

Turret Traverse:   5.9°/s                                   Turret Traverse:   14.3°/s   

Depression:         5°                                          Depression:         9°

HEAT-FS pen:      300mm                                 HEAT-FS pen:      320mm

Power to Weight:  21.88 hp/t                            Power to Weight:  22.90 hp/t

Reload time:         9.6 s                                    Reload time:          9.8 s

The Ru 251 has a much better turret traverse which is VERY useful for its intended role, while the Type 62 has an abysmal 5.9°/s. The extra four degrees of depression on the Ru allows it to peak over hills and shoot from places the Type 62 can't. The Ru has a higher hp/t and can get to places faster than the Type 62. An extra 20mm of pen means the Ru can pen the T95 from the front and the T32's turret. The Type 62 can not. While the Ru gets a 7.7 instead of a 12.7 MG, the RoF is much higher on the Ru's MGs. And to top this all off, the Type 62 is an event vehicle that players had to complete goals for or buy for 12k golden eagles and is no longer available. Then, there's the Ru 251 that anyone can buy for 7k golden eagles, whenever. And it's better in almost every way.

It should be at least 7.0. "But it has no armor!' is a terrible excuse for it to be 6.7. Should the Leopard be 6.7 because "any reserve vehicle can pen it"? It would make no difference to an Ru driver if it was put at 7.0 or even 8.0. Everything can pen it anyways, so why does it matter if it gets moved up? The same goes for the Ru's ammo. It can pen anything anyways, no matter the BR. "But you can kill it with .50s!". You can kill it with .50s. Sort of. The hull can't be penned and neither can the mantlet, leaving only the sides of the front of the turret pennable. When .50s do pen, it's not always instant kills for the crew, and the commander is behind the mantlet, while the driver is behind the hull. With a full crew, an Ru can simply point its turret at the .50s and drive away if it loses its gunner and loader to .50s. Not really great cases for the Ru to stay at 6.7. There's also the TD, Jpz 4-5 at 7.3. The Ru has the same weight, same gun, and the same HEAT-FS but more hp for the engine, a turret, and HESH in place of the useless APCR, all at a lower BR. And from my personal experience, I found bringing my Type 62 to 8.0 matches actually made it easier to get kills due to Leo ammo racks being so easy to hit, yet an Ru can't handle being moved to 7.0. Huh.

I bought the Ru to test the conclusion that everyone is complaining about it being op. And I have concluded that it is most definitely not the case. You see your not taking any game function into mind, if you played smarter then you would have no problem faceing this tank. yes it's fast like most light tanks yet there or techniques you can use to defeat the Ru for example both it's shell can't hit behind cover so it needs to break the cover first ether by taking or shooting in which it has to wait through at least a 8 second reload in which it will probably need to hide so you can wait for it to peek you in which case becouse of it speed it has a crappy short stop you will hit it first. Or you could expect the Ru to try flanking and flank out to get him on the flank. 

Now the Ru is Germany so most of the time it is pared with Japan and faces the British, Americans and Russian tanks although it could be teamed with Russian tanks some time this is mostly the norm. This means it gets out gained by the British out shelled by the Russians and is now relatively matching the Americans. The British reload rate is utterly unmatched. And the amount of explosive filler in Russian shell is literally dirty and American light tanks still have speed with more reliable shells and the heavy tanks are a frontal hell although they can be pened in the lower plate any good reliable tank driver kill know to hide the lower plate behind inpenitable cover.

It can be killed by aa and 50.Cal which has course when you kill someone in the ru on a flank hidden in cover. The next thing that happens is a spray of blind aa fire and 50.cal and on hiring they could do countless things to your tank like disabled it for useing it's speed or taking out everything in a matter of seconds.

To conclude the people saying the Ru is op are wrong on do meny levels and should learn to play smarter the only reason the Ru is so hated is because it has courses a lower victory rate for those that used to completely pub stop the German 6.7.

(Sorry for the lack of punition and grammatical errors I was need. However I still need to conclude and fix this argument)

13 hours ago, AppleJooc said:

I found bringing my Type 62 to 8.0 matches actually made it easier to get kills due to Leo ammo racks being so easy to hit, yet an Ru can't handle being moved to 7.0. Huh.

So I checked your player records 

1496315245012-2089679878.jpg

1496315343965-1968650330.jpg

j_jonah_jameson_laughing_300x300.jpg

1 hour ago, Ashrouded_Walrus said:

:snip:

Just 2 objections: 1) Why not a simple and easy print screen? You have a keyboard button for that, and 2.) Why just select Japan under filter and make a meh maymay? :dntknw:

17 minutes ago, NinjaPirate said:

Just 2 objections: 1) Why not a simple and easy print screen? You have a keyboard button for that, and 2.) Why just select Japan under filter and make a meh maymay? :dntknw:

Yeah I was currently on my phone and it was not letting me log on my pc to this forum so I had to take photos with my phone. I don't know what you mean by the meh maymay but if you're asking why I took the screen shots it's because he stating that he thinks the ru should be put up and he gave the example that he finds it easier to up tire his type 62 to 8.0 how ever this is clearly a lie because he doesn't have one yet. He is just some trying to manipulate people in to agreeing with him

Posted (edited)

you realize the type 62 is part of the Russian tree and is a rare tank ingame only getting it through event. It is based on the type 59 which is a Chinese copy of the t54a and it is smaller, has less Armour, and a 85mm gun. Your argument is invalid, also ru 251 is op nothing at its br can be compared to it.The kanone jagdpanzer use the chassis of the ru 251 and same gun, has less mobility no turret and useless apcr at 7.3 br were as the ru 251 is more mobile, better ammo, and turreted. Nothing can compete with ru 251 atm except the object 906 at 7.0 and that thing is a huge tank with less gun depression and a worst gun only thing that is superior on 906 is the stab. Ru 251 is op

also looking at your stats clearly your playing the ru 251 wrong. its a hand held under br tank that preforms well at any br gettign a negative kd in it should be impossible if you know any map knowledge.

The hull it can be kill by 50 cal is a meme.Almost any light tank can be kill my mg or AA. The front is fine from 50s and the rear and sides are iffy at best. a 8 second reload is great also on top of it i have never been able to hull-break a ru 251 but yet it can bull break my super hellcat by hitting tracks. Do some research next time before you make yourself look like a idiot. 7.0 br for ru 251 is still not enough i think it should be 7.3 or 7.7 and kanone jagdpanzer 7.0

Edited by NotMeGoyim

1 hour ago, NotMeGoyim said:

you realize the type 62 is part of the Russian tree and is a rare tank ingame only getting it through event. It is based on the type 59 which is a Chinese copy of the t54a and it is smaller, has less Armour, and a 85mm gun. Your argument is invalid, also ru 251 is op nothing at its br can be compared to it.The kanone jagdpanzer use the chassis of the ru 251 and same gun, has less mobility no turret and useless apcr at 7.3 br were as the ru 251 is more mobile, better ammo, and turreted. Nothing can compete with ru 251 atm except the object 906 at 7.0 and that thing is a huge tank with less gun depression and a worst gun only thing that is superior on 906 is the stab. Ru 251 is op

also looking at your stats clearly your playing the ru 251 wrong. its a hand held under br tank that preforms well at any br gettign a negative kd in it should be impossible if you know any map knowledge.

The hull it can be kill by 50 cal is a meme.Almost any light tank can be kill my mg or AA. The front is fine from 50s and the rear and sides are iffy at best. a 8 second reload is great also on top of it i have never been able to hull-break a ru 251 but yet it can bull break my super hellcat by hitting tracks. Do some research next time before you make yourself look like a idiot. 7.0 br for ru 251 is still not enough i think it should be 7.3 or 7.7 and kanone jagdpanzer 7.0

I'm sorry, but do you own an Ru-251 or have you even played against one? As someone who owns one and regularly plays against them in Squadron Battles and tank RB as all nations, the Ru-251 is not too overpowered for 6.7. Yes, it has a good gun, yes it has fantastic mobility, but it has paper armor that can easily be penned by .50cals from tanks or planes (like seriously, half my deaths in the Ru are to a plane strafing me). Also, it is very possible to hull-break an Ru-251, as I have been killed via hull-break several times via soviet 122mm guns and American 120mm guns.

You have to treat the Ru just like you treat any other tank that you don't know how to beat, learn to play. Literally any tank in this game has the capability to kill the Ru-251, all you have to do is improve your gameplay. Be observant, always look around, and use sound to your advantage. You'd be surprised how easy it is to hear an Ru-251 that is moving towards you.

7 hours ago, Ashrouded_Walrus said:

So I checked your player records 

1496315245012-2089679878.jpg

1496315343965-1968650330.jpg

j_jonah_jameson_laughing_300x300.jpg

As much as I've seen your braindead posts, you seem not to understand the Type 62 is NOT under the japanesse ground forces tech tree, and even if you look for it on your own account, you wont find it because the tank is hidden, along with multiple planes and tanks, unless you own the vehicle. Here's a link containing a forum post with a (probably not up-to-date) list of hidden ground forces.

As it can be seen, The Type 62 is a chinesse HIDDEN tank, placed on the Russian ground forces. The tank is basically a lighter armor T-55 ripoff. 

This vehicle was added during the last christmass event along with the LVT(A)(4) Zis-2, which is another hidden tank within the American ground forces, and both were unlockable by completing certain achievements of the event.

Before you fill threads with trash, please, research and elaborate, we don't need people just crying over **** and doing really bad reaction images at something thats completely irrelevant.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Dirk_Decent said:

I'm sorry, but do you own an Ru-251 or have you even played against one? As someone who owns one and regularly plays against them in Squadron Battles and tank RB as all nations, the Ru-251 is not too overpowered for 6.7. Yes, it has a good gun, yes it has fantastic mobility, but it has paper armor that can easily be penned by .50cals from tanks or planes (like seriously, half my deaths in the Ru are to a plane strafing me). Also, it is very possible to hull-break an Ru-251, as I have been killed via hull-break several times via soviet 122mm guns and American 120mm guns.

You have to treat the Ru just like you treat any other tank that you don't know how to beat, learn to play. Literally any tank in this game has the capability to kill the Ru-251, all you have to do is improve your gameplay. Be observant, always look around, and use sound to your advantage. You'd be surprised how easy it is to hear an Ru-251 that is moving towards you.

First of all, I DO know how to deal with RU-251s, but their battle rating is too low for this kind of tanks, Its basically a Kanonejagdpanzer with steroids at 6.7, which has a fast traverse turret and way better ammo than the mentioned tank. Second of all, I've never mentioned that it cannot be hull broken, its just really unlikely to happen. Third, saying that it can be killed by planes cannons/machineguns is a completely invalid argument, as, if not every, most of the light tanks can die to gun runs. The problem with the Ru-251 is that it doesnt fight any similar tank or any tank that can counter it, being the closest thing to be similar the Object 906.

Edited by NotMeGoyim

11 minutes ago, kardelsharpeye said:

As much as I've seen your braindead posts, you seem not to understand the Type 62 is NOT under the japanesse ground forces tech tree, and even if you look for it on your own account, you wont find it because the tank is hidden, along with multiple planes and tanks, unless you own the vehicle. Here's a link containing a forum post with a (probably not up-to-date) list of hidden ground forces.

As it can be seen, The Type 62 is a chinesse HIDDEN tank, placed on the Russian ground forces. The tank is basically a lighter armor T-55 ripoff. 

This vehicle was added during the last christmass event along with the LVT(A)(4) Zis-2, which is another hidden tank within the American ground forces, and both were unlockable by completing certain achievements of the event.

Before you fill threads with trash, please, research and elaborate, we don't need people just crying over **** and doing really bad reaction images at something thats completely irrelevant.

Type-62 picture for proof.

18814621_10203313165708079_5225506887544

;)

7 minutes ago, Dirk_Decent said:

Many tanks can be killed by plane strafes. In fact, Germany has the Ho 229 and Do 335 which have the highest pen of any aircraft mounted gun under 50mm (excluding yet another German plane) at 95mm. They can kill any tank in the game with their guns. Being killed by strafes is nothing new. Also, can you stop with the "B-but .50s!" argument and read my post as to why that's xxxx.