Sign in to follow this  
RunForTheCube

IS-3 Isn't very good.

Apart from having very strong frontal Armour the IS-3 gun isn't very good I am using the shell with 230 pen within 100m but you can't pen crap with this tank it's gun is too weak for the tier that it's at. I feel like I just wasted $115 on eagles to get this tank it's **** house.

Let the "Git gud" comments commence. 

Edited by RunForTheCube
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

IS-3 is very good when fights vehicles below its B.R but it is useless when when fights 8.0 - 8.3 vehicles with high pen APDS/HEAT/HESH rounds.

Spoiler

Git gud :P

Edited by __Blaze__
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

9 minutes ago, RunForTheCube said:

I feel like I just wasted $115 on eagles to get this tank it's **** house.

Please tell me you didn't...

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

54 minutes ago, RunForTheCube said:

I feel like I just wasted $115 on eagles to get this tank it's **** house.

Well yes.... you did....  I've got over 8000 battles and still don't have it - I can buy it now, but it's too far ahead of my"pack" of tanks - I'll wait a while.

Expensive tanks won't improve your game.

as a side note, the IS-3 was one of a handful of Airfix 1/72 scale plastic kit models available when I started gaming (way back....) and I still have visceral memories of assembling it and various others (T34 with 76 and 85 turret, M3 h/t, Sherman, etc), the smell of glue, trying to join the rubber tracks together with hot pins, painting, etc....

Edited by Josephs_Piano
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, Retry said:

Please tell me you didn't...

No not just the IS-3 my main goal was the IS-3 but I unlocked a whole bunch of other stuff I wanted too. 

34 minutes ago, __Blaze__ said:

IS-3 is very good when fights vehicles below its B.R but it is useless when when fights 8.0 - 8.3 vehicles with high pen APDS/HEAT/HESH rounds.

Reveal hidden contents

Git gud :P

Below it's BR it's a good tank yes above it's BR is a no win agenda and it's same BR it's not going to pen anything from the front only side and rear pens or if you're really close the lower plate pen. 

No, it's not. Also they have over-detailized the model to the point where it can both bounce atgms and also get penetrated by guns that in reality would have no chance at all. I wish they'd quit "improving" the model because now its a piece of swiss cheese like the IS-2 and that isn't right.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

On 3/11/2017 at 1:55 AM, RunForTheCube said:

A 'L2P' comment can be an ignorant statement unless it is extremely obvious the player is horrible with that said vehicle and/or refuses to understand it.

The IS-3 still is a enemy that should not be ignored or be treated like a weak tank, even if it does not have the armor to bounce shots it still has the firepower to take down most vehicles within BR range..

All i can say is there is really nothing you can do about it and the best way you can do well in it is to be a little more cautious until you feel you can play aggressive with the tank.

1 hour ago, Speed_LTU said:

Yesterday I saw panther 2 one shotted IS-3 in front, and I thought wtf is this ****?

I've had King Tigers shoot through the hatch over the breach before. 

Sometimes the weird angles of it can lead to interesting deaths. 

But it's not a bad tank really. 

If you get into an 8.0 battle, you are of limited use, but it's still pretty nice if you catch out a leopard or an M60 or something like that, cus the 122mm does wonders on them. 

In games where you are top tier, it's great, as you're almost immune to most guns you'll face, baring British guns, meaning you can rack up a lot of points simply for bouncing 88mm shells. 

Just keep working at it and you'll work it out.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Speed_LTU said:

Yesterday I saw panther 2 one shotted IS-3 in front, and I thought wtf is this ****?

Bad modeling. Try to bounce anything off a KTP or Panther's shot trap into his hull, never happens. 

Edited by inset_judgement
medal medal medal medal

• Giant 200mm turret that can be pierced by 6 and 6.3 tanks
Spoiler

rpH49yr.jpg

• Shot trap that can make you get killed even by a american 90mm
Spoiler

1W19E5Y.jpg

• Gun sight hole that can get penetrated by anything with 100mm of penetration
Spoiler

bjR3UQq.jpg

• 250mm turret part is cast so it can get penetrated by long 88 half of the time because it's effectively 235mm

IMO IS-3 should be 7.0, simply because it's has so many weakspots, and because the slow turret traverse, slow reload and the shells not oneshooting doesn't help

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

16 hours ago, Anonimo_LLopi said:
  • Giant 200mm turret that can be pierced by 6 and 6.3 tanks
  Reveal hidden contents

rpH49yr.jpg

• Shot trap that can make you get killed even by a american 90mm
  Reveal hidden contents

1W19E5Y.jpg

• Gun sight hole that can get penetrated by anything with 100mm of penetration
  Reveal hidden contents

bjR3UQq.jpg

• 250mm turret part is cast so it can get penetrated by long 88 half of the time because it's effectively 235mm

IMO IS-3 should be 7.0, simply because it's has so many weakspots, and because the slow turret traverse, slow reload and the shells not oneshooting doesn't help

I do fine with mine at 7.3. Only been shot trapped a few times the hole is hard to hit if you're moving you're turret around the ring I've been killed at more than anything and even that is hard to hit unless you're up close. The IS3 is one of those tanks that gets screwed if it fights leopards and M60s but does very well when dropped with Tiger 2s, M26E1s M46s and so on. But I still dear the T54 more than the IS3 mostly due to if he doesn't kill me with the first shell he has awhile to reload and that gives me somewhat of a chance. 

medal medal medal

Gaijin needs to gib the 3BM-7 APDS and 3BK-10 HEAT shells to the IS-3 (IS-4M as well). Those shells are already in the game, but (currently) only usable with the SU-122-54's D-49 cannon. However, both can be used with the D-25T just like how the BR 471 series of shells are able to be fired from the D-49.  

Edited by Priest5000
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12.07.2017 at 6:10 AM, Priest5000 said:

Gaijin needs to gib the 3BM-7 APDS and 3BK-10 HEAT shells to the IS-3 (IS-4M as well). Those shells are already in the game, but (currently) only usable with the SU-122-54's D-49 cannon. However, both can be used with the D-25T just like how the BR 471 series of shells are able to be fired from the D-49.  

Give both apds and heatfs to IS4M and bump it to 8.0

Give apds to IS3 and bump it to 7.7

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

there was a time when is3 was to good for fight vs 6.7 tanks, but that time was longggggggg ago, after the patch that change the turret ring and make the is3 shot trap the biggest one in game, any long 88mm and 90mm can kill it w/o problem, is3 should be 7.0 indeed, t32 its much harder to kill by apcbc 6.7 tanks and it sit at 7.0

medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Valqyrie said:

Those shells would not justify any such bumps, at best it might justify their current standings.

medal medal medal medal

On 7/14/2017 at 3:08 AM, Valqyrie said:

It wouldn't be a good idea to bump up their BR's.

On 7/14/2017 at 1:41 PM, inset_judgement said:

Those shells would not justify any such bumps, at best it might justify their current standings.

^ What this person said :p: 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

But you object to IS-3 (IS-4) to 7.0 and 7.3. So I request to increase the position of mk-10 and T34; T32. From 6.7 and 7.0 to 7.3 7.7. The tanks I listed above have IS-3 armor in the same configuration as the IS-3 armor. MK-10 uses HESH ammunition. M46 Use Heatfts. The US T-34 uses ammunition with IS-3 and IS-4M specifications.

medal medal medal medal

useless tank in the current state, still nerfed in several fields, it is a disgrace what Gaijin did to the tank.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

On 2017-07-12 at 5:10 AM, Priest5000 said:

noooo whyyy would a RUSSIAN BIAS OP **** TANK have heat when every other tank has it?

nah man its just TOO OP to give what every one else has to a russian tank

medal

On 3/11/2017 at 3:55 AM, RunForTheCube said:

Apart from having very strong frontal Armour the IS-3 gun isn't very good I am using the shell with 230 pen within 100m but you can't pen crap with this tank it's gun is too weak for the tier that it's at. I feel like I just wasted $115 on eagles to get this tank it's **** house.

The tanks should be given the BK-6 HEAT round at least.

medal medal

Sign in to follow this