Darkshadow86

IS-6 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

With armor like that... and at 6.7 I dare say it'd be too powerful. Stronger than Tiger 2 H and T29, Idk this sounds better as a 7.3 tank

medal medal

18 minutes ago, Einheit_101 said:

The mobility isnt even THAT poor and well yeah, the gun is the same xxxx - too long reload 122mm, but i heard it has -6 gun depression ??

It does 35kmh on roads. 

2 minutes ago, F7UCutlass said:

With armor like that... and at 6.7 I dare say it'd be too powerful. Stronger than Tiger 2 H and T29, Idk this sounds better as a 7.3 tank

That's all it has going for it.

14 minutes ago, GalYurr said:

I read the 30 has a shorter reload than the 25.

Unless the D-30T has an automatic rammer, there is no reason for it to fire faster.

medal

Just now, WulfPack said:

It does 35kmh on roads. 

That's all it has going for it.

Unless the D-30T has an automatic rammer, there is no reason for it to fire faster.

35 km/h doesn't matter. Heavy tanks rarely go faster than that anyways. It'll be like a 6.7 IS-3

medal medal

2 minutes ago, F7UCutlass said:

nah 6.7 will be fine, you guys make it sound like it will be in the main tree. From the sound of how much people whine about the t-29 being overpowered(such a fun tank) then i doubt a lot of people can afford the IS-6 which is the same price as that. This community has so many issues, the number 1 is overacting to everything. A Tiger 2H could die from a tier 1 and then someone would complain that the T1 tank is too powerful.

medal medal medal medal

Just now, F7UCutlass said:

35 km/h doesn't matter. Heavy tanks rarely go faster than that anyways. It'll be like a 6.7 IS-3

Just with a worse gun.

medal

i hope its T-10 fast, IS-3 can take long to get work done. I personally don't mind slow heavy tanks since they have trade off for a reason but its nice to be able to t-10 around the map.

2 hours ago, WulfPack said:

The D-30T will be a very unimpressive gun.

penetration-4.jpg

So Ms. Archieve, what is the pen of the gun and the rounds?

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Darkshadow86 said:

i hope its T-10 fast, IS-3 can take long to get work done. I personally don't mind slow heavy tanks since they have trade off for a reason but its nice to be able to t-10 around the map.

So Ms. Archieve, what is the pen of the gun and the rounds?

165mm @ 100 meters

medal

Just now, WulfPack said:

165mm @ 100 meters

ew that disgusting. This is basically my disgust and my dream of rofl stopping tiger2H(s) turning into ooz

Image result for slime

medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

165mm @ 100 meters

No, It will not be.

*Disregard highlighted German numbers*                                           V ---- This one

pen.jpg

165mm at 100 metres is the same as D-25T 

Edited by F7UCutlass
medal medal

2 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

165mm @ 100 meters

How am i supposed to kill people with that? thats so weak. Even normal IS-2 have 200 pen.

medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Darkshadow86 said:

How am i supposed to kill people with that? thats so weak. Even normal IS-2 have 200 pen.

It will have the same penetration as IS-2. That is soviet standard.

medal medal

1 minute ago, F7UCutlass said:

It will have the same penetration as IS-2. That is soviet standard.

Well at least i get to keep my explosive filler. One shot one kill still applies :D 

medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, F7UCutlass said:

No, It will not be.

pen.jpg

165mm at 100 metres is the same as D-25T

My bad. I didn't think they converted the penetration 

Edited by WulfPack
medal

Is it just me or does it have the wrong muzzle break? 

ИС-6 

IS-6_ob252_w.jpg

Spoiler

is_6_02_1280h720_9f1c3e3dd116866349b01bc

Edited by WulfPack
medal

You'd think 6 tier 4 premiums was enough, but of course not.

It's basically a low T5 in T4's clothing.

Gib legit T5 premiums

71-1.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, WulfPack said:

Is it just me or does the it have the wrong muzzle break? 

ИС-6 

IS-6_ob252_w.jpg

Hide contents

is_6_02_1280h720_9f1c3e3dd116866349b01bc

Well we can't have shots trap on a premium now can we? ;)  But i do see what you mean xD  Or it could just be a visual thing. WW2 pictures are always bad in quality.

2 minutes ago, Retry said:

It's basically a low T5 in T4's clothing.

Gib legit T5 premiums

71-1.jpg

Only the worthy may have thy majesty cloaked in a deceiving robe of confusion.

Edited by Darkshadow86
medal medal medal medal

I may end up buying this down the road anyway, but why would you pre-order something without having all the facts about what you are buying? The description is vague to say the least.

medal

6 hours ago, Darkshadow86 said:

So i called it, i knew it was coming. Gaj saw my forum post and knew it was a great idea, instead of the IS-7 it was the IS-6 which is ok, we will reach the IS-7 in due time. So the IS-6, a powerful vehicle mixed with the IS-3, IS-4 and something else. The IS-6 is going to be LEGENDARY on the battlefield, i believe the tank is going to be 6.7 since the russians no longer have a powerful tank at 6.7, the IS-2 mod was there but it had weak turret cheeks and wasn't that competitive compared to the Tiger 2H (sla included) and the T-29(T-34 included). I can't wait for this tank, it has the strengths of all the tier 5 cold era tanks and none of the weaknesses. I think i may just preorder it, how about you guys? Leave a comment below saying if you may buy it or if not that then say how you think this will affect the game now :). Also please no fighting or whining saying its russian bias, that a easy way to get a strike. Any who enjoy my prediction i have bestowed on the war thunder world :good:

Armory(IS-6 Object 252):
Parts of the Tank               Armor in mm     Angling in °
Upper hull front                100 mm                65 °
Drivers hatch                    120mm                65 °
Lower hull front                 120mm                53 °
Upper hull side                  100mm                45 °
lower hull side                   100mm                  0 °
lower lower hull side            20mm                 70°
Upper hull rear                    60mm                 60 °
Lower hull rear                    60mm                 30 °
hull roof                               50mm-20mm      90 °
hull Floor                             20mm                 90 °
Gunmantle                         300mm              round
Tower front                         150mm              round
Tower side                          150mm              round
Tower rear                          100mm              round
Tower Roof                           30mm        85 ° -90 °
Tower Floor                           40mm                90 °

26 minutes ago, F7UCutlass said:

Which means it'll club to here and back. Since none of the German 6.7 tanks have HEAT, it'll be impenetrable from the front, and from the sides except for the (tiny) turret. The gun doesn't really matter, because this thing will literally be able to charge into the face of enemy fire without angling. Nothing at its native BR will stand a reasonable chance of killing it, except for anything that has HESH or HEAT with enough penetration. It'll only die reasonably quickly if it's uptiered and faces lots of things with HEAT. At $40 a pop (cheaper than the almost useless Calliope), this thing will be spammed. Unlike the T-29, it doesn't have a massive profile and an exploitable turret ring.

With the introduction of this tank, we can effectively say goodbye to axis victories, or really any victories for anyone other than the soviets at 6.7 unless some enterprising soul with a ST-A1, ST-A2 or Type 61 shows up, or someone with access to a an APDS slinger that has the Mk 3. shot.

Here's the grand list of vehicles at 6.7 and 7.0 that will be able to penetrate the IS-6 from the front or side at any range without exploiting the turret:

US: M56 (HEAT), M46 (HEAT), T29 (100 meters), T95(100 meters)
Britain: Centurions Mk 3 (at 500 meters Shot Mk.3, no angling), Mk 10 (HESH, APDS), Charioteer (shot mk 3, 500 meters), Strv 81 (any range with missiles, 500 meters Shot Mk.3), Caernervon (Shot Mk. 3), Conway (at any range).
Germany: Tiger 105 (500 meters, later ammo), Jagdtiger (1k with Pzgr 43), Sturer Emil (100 meters, no angling)
Japan: STA-1, STA-2 (HEAT only, no angling), Type 61, Type 60 SPRG.

This is just going off of the statcards, which calculates out to 60 degrees (30 degrees from the horizontal). The IS-6 has its armor sloped at 25 degrees from the horizontal (65 degrees from the vertical, which places it into autobounce territory for some shells). So, realistically, we are looking at the following:

US: M56 (HEAT)

Britain: Strv 81, Centurion Mk 3, Centurion Mk 10, Caernavon, Conway

Germany: Jagdtiger with Pzgr 43.
Japan: Type 60 SPRG, Type 61.

Really, I don't know why you're all salivating, because unless this tank is placed at 7.3 like the IS-3 (which will render its armor moot anyway), this tank will break the game permanently. It's literally the ultimate pay to win tank.

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, Nomad_Gaming said:

Which means it'll club to here and back. Since none of the German 6.7 tanks have HEAT, it'll be impenetrable from the front, and from the sides except for the (tiny) turret. The gun doesn't really matter, because this thing will literally be able to charge into the face of enemy fire without angling. Nothing at its native BR will stand a reasonable chance of killing it, except for anything that has HESH or HEAT with enough penetration. It'll only die reasonably quickly if it's uptiered and faces lots of things with HEAT. At $40 a pop (cheaper than the almost useless Calliope), this thing will be spammed. Unlike the T-29, it doesn't have a massive profile and an exploitable turret ring.

With the introduction of this tank, we can effectively say goodbye to axis victories, or really any victories for anyone other than the soviets at 6.7 unless some enterprising soul with a ST-A1, ST-A2 or Type 61 shows up, or someone with access to a an APDS slinger that has the Mk 3. shot.

Here's the grand list of vehicles at 6.7 and 7.0 that will be able to penetrate the IS-6 from the front or side at any range without exploiting the turret:

Britain: Centurions Mk 3 (at 500 meters Shot Mk.3, no angling), Mk 10 (HESH, APDS), Charioteer (shot mk 3, 500 meters), Strv 81 (any range with missiles, 500 meters Shot Mk.3), Caernervon (Shot Mk. 3), Conway (at any range).
Germany: Tiger 105 (500 meters, later ammo), Jagdtiger (1k with Pzgr 43), Sturer Emil (100 meters, no angling)

This is just going off of the statcards, which calculates out to 60 degrees (30 degrees from the horizontal). The IS-6 has its armor sloped at 25 degrees from the horizontal (65 degrees from the vertical, which places it into autobounce territory for some shells). So, realistically, we are looking at 

39 minutes ago, Nomad_Gaming said:

This is just going off of the statcards, which calculates out to 60 degrees (30 degrees from the horizontal). The IS-6 has its armor sloped at 25 degrees from the horizontal (65 degrees from the vertical, which places it into autobounce territory for some shells). So, realistically, we are looking at the following:

Really, I don't know why you're all salivating, because unless this tank is placed at 7.3 like the IS-3 (which will render its armor moot anyway), this tank will break the game permanently. It's literally the ultimate pay to win tank.

I don't know to.much about it other than its armor is very thick. I forsee it being at 7 or so br. The gun the exact same as the IS2?

It looks so like a baby IS4. Why did it paste it twice. 

Edited by *Lightening_Drake
medal medal medal

1 minute ago, *Lightening_Drake said:

I don't know to.much about it other than its armor is very thick. I forsee it being at 7 or so br. The gun the exact same as the IS2?

It looks so like a baby IS4. Wow did it paste it twice. 

If it's placed below 7.3 it will break the game. It'll be the IS-3 at 7.0 all over again. I want to remind you that when the IS-3 was placed at 7.0 (before the introduction of the british), the only thing that could reliably kill it was the M46 if the M46 had HEAT. 

This thing will be immune to the M46's HEAT from the front. It's going to break the game if it isn't placed at 7.3.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Nomad_Gaming said:

If it's placed below 7.3 it will break the game. It'll be the IS-3 at 7.0 all over again. I want to remind you that when the IS-3 was placed at 7.0 (before the introduction of the british), the only thing that could reliably kill it was the M46 if the M46 had HEAT. 

This thing will be immune to the M46's HEAT from the front. It's going to break the game if it isn't placed at 7.3.

That was before the British and HEAT shells were common though. 

I think everyone agrees now the IS-3 is pretty crappy unless you get a downtier, and the IS-6 is going to have less armour than the IS-3, so I don't see 7.0 being that much of a problem. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

43 minutes ago, Nomad_Gaming said:

Man you are drowning me with all this wine, German tanks do you have heat so you may want to re-check your tech tree. Also the war thunder community is too cheap to buy $40 tank, so I'm not sure why you think it will be spammed. You don't see 6- T-29s in a game, but for the tigers that is highly likely. So if anything this tank will force German places to pick something new which is good and has been needed for a while now, tiger 2 H spam is just annoying. 

medal medal medal medal