Darkshadow86

IS-6 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

4 minutes ago, WOPPER said:

unknown.pngLook at those 2 holes even if you get low tiered your going to get smacked forget uptier where heatfs will just go right through you.

I have bushes so idc about that. Here my IS-4 

shot 2017.02.23 12.49.40.jpg

shot 2017.02.14 10.21.04.jpg

shot 2017.02.24 11.28.02.jpg

Also wiggling your turret goes a long way :D 

Edited by Darkshadow86
medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, Darkshadow86 said:

Well if you want a old train to be alive, you have to shovel coal into it to keep the engine alive. This goes for all games, not just war thunder ;) 

Gaijin isnt adding shovels of coal though, but kerosine and once in a while some thermite, to keep the kettle spicy.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

30 minutes ago, Rainbowprincess said:

adding new content into a game with general large amount of game mechanic flaws is nothing more than new straw fires.

A game stays alive with a healthy gameplay, not with new content every few months. There isn't an endless amount of vehicles Gaijin can add into the game without breaking new time eras or becoming more and more like world of tanks in terms of suspicious vehicle additions

Not to burst your bubble but you're wasting your time here. Also we've reached WOT-level quite a long time ago.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, WOPPER said:

good luck rotating that 7.7deg/sec turret.

Two words, Aced/Spaded

3 minutes ago, Stahlvormund101 said:

Gaijin isnt adding shovels of coal though, but kerosine and once in a while some thermite, to keep the kettle spicy.

Hey don't do that, you will ruin the engine and those things are epensive XD 

medal medal medal medal

34 minutes ago, Rainbowprincess said:

adding new content into a game with general large amount of game mechanic flaws is nothing more than new straw fires.

A game stays alive with a healthy gameplay, not with new content every few months. There isn't an endless amount of vehicles Gaijin can add into the game without breaking new time eras or becoming more and more like world of tanks in terms of suspicious vehicle additions

except we have seen fixes and changes for the better, as well as general balancing changes.

mechanics are also being changed and tweaked, with the hull break mechanics and the APDS ricochet chance buff. change does not happen immediately nor does new content detract from it.

to add to this, new content is generally what helps a game survive. bug fixes and QOL improvements retain already existing players (although so does content).

well more rather, QOL and bug fixes moreso is a passive improvement which enriches the experience itself, content is the experience on a more active level (content would be vehicles, maps, game modes, even certain mechanics and features such as new weapon systems and the mechanics which come with them).

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Taiidan_Triikor said:

Not to burst your bubble but you're wasting your time here. Also we've reached WOT-level quite a long time ago.

well we reached perhaps patch 7.3 WoT in terms of fidelity to vehicles that exist (I mean Gaijin have not patented their in game models so far as I am aware, whereas the E-50M is actually a completely fictional vehicle and it has a US patent under Wargaming), and we are generally ahead with the physics (as WoT still has moon gravity and rubber bouncy tanks).

also mechanically WT is far more punishing, every time I go back to WoT and play my leopard there I notice I play with better usage of cover and positioning, given that in WT if I play my leo like I did in WoT I would die instantly. WT also trains me for hitting critical modules oddly enough, and noticed I get higher crit rates in WoT thanks to this.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As someone that owns IS-2 Revenge for Hero Brother: big pass. A slow firing gun with long reload and mediocre depression and penetration is not what you want in tier 4. I'm not even going to bother unlocking the IS-3 or IS-4 until everything else is researched.

Might have been interested if it came with more eagles or premium time but man, I can't imagine buying that over the T-34-100, or the SU-122, or even the T-44-122. They're more fun, more useful, and you might get a discount for them.

Edited by BritishCooking
medal medal medal

Just now, BritishCooking said:

As someone that owns IS-2 Revenge for Hero Brother: big pass. A slow firing gun with long reload and mediocre depression is not what you want in tier 4. I'm not even going to bother unlocking the IS-3 or IS-4 until everything else is researched.

Might have been interested if it came with more eagles or premium time but man, I can't imagine buying that over the T-34-100, or the SU-122, or even the T-44-122. They're more fun, more useful, and you might get a discount for them.

The IS-3 is a beast of a tank and when you get down tiered you become very hard to kill :DD

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Cant wait to get rekd by IS-6 in my Panther or basically anything else except maybe KTH/T32 or the other P2W machine, T29 itself.
The only ones who can stop it may be M56/Type62/premium RU lotsofnumbers cHEAT-FS tanks and HESH brits - but hey, no one plays brits anyway because their entire tree is unplayable. So the IS-6 got one problem less to deal with.

UC3SE0k.jpg

• Upvote 8
medal medal

5 minutes ago, Einheit_101 said:

Cant wait to get rekd by IS-6 in my Panther or basically anything else except maybe KTH/T32 or the other P2W machine, T29 itself.
The only ones who can stop it may be M56/Type62/premium RU lotsofnumbers cHEAT-FS tanks and HESH brits - but hey, no one plays brits anyway because their entire tree is unplayable. So the IS-6 got one problem less to deal with.

UC3SE0k.jpg

Brits, unplayable:D you're funny. On European servers i see quite often the most people queuing at tier IV with British tanks

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtPgTZkpWbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOLR2Adb7Qc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TtfDyGRwqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp356RmukV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdCqnZumQPY

My friend i can post thousands of proof videos about ther utter unplayability here and i dont know what you play, but in Tier 4 all i can see is T29 spam, KTH spam or russian T-XX spam with 1-2 Centurions mixed into that pot randomly.......

medal medal

1 hour ago, Fallenkezef said:

Oh, cute IS-6

HESH bait

Is HESH that good against thick armor?  

1 hour ago, Einheit_101 said:

The M56 does NOT have HEAT-FS only HEAT.  Trust me, that grind is a beast, but no FS.

1 minute ago, Nobidexx said:

It's very good against any armor that's thinner than 150mm and isn't spaced.

That is my experience too.  I wanted to see if you knew something I was missing.  TY.

8 minutes ago, _82AB_GruberRd said:

Is HESH that good against thick armor?  Yes yeah is that good against thick armour 1 shorted t10s and is4s through upper plat

The M56 does NOT have HEAT-FS only HEAT.  Trust me, that grind is a beast, but no FS.

Yes yeah is that good against thick armour 1 shorted t10s and is4s through upper plate. Also the M56 does have HEAT-FS

medal medal medal

Let's just see how the armor is in game. If it really is 100mm at 65*, this thing is gonna club at BR 6.7 and BR 7.0 would prob be a better BR for this (along with the Spah Panzer), but if it's armor is only marginally better than the IS-2 mod 44, the it shouldn't be that bad. I mean, this thing was completed in 1944 but wasn't put in production because it wasn't any better than the IS-2 so I'm suspicious of the armor. Also, Russia could really use a BR 6.7 tank right now.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Einheit_101 said:

Whad did you guys drink, it is stated basically everywhere (Bible) that its 100mm @ 65°

And it will club, no matter if 7.0 or 6.7

Nevermind the poor gun performance and poor mobility.

medal