Darkshadow86

IS-6 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

7 hours ago, Tzalafim said:

This happened to me a lot of time playing russian tanks so what is the out of normal thing ?

1. Ammo was hit be heat and by 6 shrapnels and only went yellow, didnt explode.

2. Shrapnel from my hit somehow didn't touch gunner. It simply went trough him and killed crew member behind him, commander. So it didnt touch Gunner but it did Commander even tho gunner is sitting right in front of him.

medal medal medal medal

i just got my Tiger II(P)

where to shoot this beast from the front aside from the cupola?

cupola shot is not that reliable way to kill on ranges over 600m...

medal medal

16 minutes ago, Samuel_Hyde said:

i just got my Tiger II(P)

where to shoot this beast from the front aside from the cupola?

cupola shot is not that reliable way to kill on ranges over 600m...

Right side of cannon where machine guns are or try to trapshot it but both of those shots are also very hard to make.

It's best to not face it from front at all. Just bent and let him inside you haha

medal medal medal medal

So I take out this tanks gun breach and barrel, yet 20 seconds later it is fixed. This just seems wrong. Other times a 90 degree hit to the side of this tank with the T34's main gun at close range some how gets deflected into the track. 

On 12/9/2017 at 7:59 AM, Shia_LaBeouf_HR said:

Whoever put this tank, prototype that failed big time in game in current state(fast, armored, mobile and with good firepower) I mentioned you every single day, and many players wish you all the worst in this world. I hope he knows this.

Same goes to guy that nerfed HeatFS and Hesh that was real counter to it.

i 10000% agree with this. I started playing warthunder again and started noticing a tank keep bouncing all my shots, was about the 20th time i notice it kept saying  IS-6 killed you over and over and  im thinking to myself.. wtf.  It wasn't until i was in a a t-34 when i got onto the side of a IS-6 from a elevated position,  fired down at its engine block and the round bounced 3 time. The AP round i fired made a 70 degree turn into the tracks and bounced 3 times landing in the dirt. then the IS-6 turned its turret and killed me in 1 shot  when im hull downed through my front plate. he IS-6 needs to be removed ur uptiered to 7.3

medal medal

who else is sick of this tank, before they buffed it I could penetrate it with the l7 apds. Now I can't do anything to it from any side.

bouncing 120mm apds with 360mm of pen on all sides

medal medal medal

Am I the only one to be struggling with this tank?

If I go to the capture all my deaths have been OHKs except for one.

I'm also struggling to get kills, either no damage or a few red components/crew and an assist.

I recall this tank owning the battlefield as I worked my way through BR 6.0 to 7.0 so I must be playing it wrong.

Any tip here, I've not read all 27 pages.

Cheers

medal

Okay interesting info on the IS-6 it is a real beast even against Tier 6 tanks. 

The trick is positioning and awareness. And getting skilled with the 122mm main gun at any range. 

If not its a really good buy for the buck. 

You can bounce rounds even from the 2K. I had a Leo 2K bounce twice off my turret. 

medal

4 hours ago, FCBfreak85 said:

On 7.3 for my style of playing its useless, it should be again 6.7 or 7.0 , not higher.

It's as fast as T54 and have great one shot gun.

At 7.0 you have only one tank that can penetrate him from front. Patton and only with HeatFS shell which cost 1000SL per shot. Tank is fine where it is, if you are uptiered you can flank becuase you are fast, if you are at your BR you are king. Just angle your turret to side and no one will pen you from front.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

On 15/09/2018 at 22:22, ReverbMate said:

the is-6 needs buff of armor, it seems ridiculous to me that it has less frontal armor than an is-2 mod and that they can easily burst you with a HESH

No, no it does not. HESH is now useless due to the nerf it got. It now bounces off of most stuff now. 

On 25/06/2018 at 17:42, Shia_LaBeouf_HR said:

It's as fast as T54 and have great one shot gun.

At 7.0 you have only one tank that can penetrate him from front. Patton and only with HeatFS shell which cost 1000SL per shot. Tank is fine where it is, if you are uptiered you can flank becuase you are fast, if you are at your BR you are king. Just angle your turret to side and no one will pen you from front.

Noone ains for the hull if you dont have cheatfs lol. 

Everyone aims for the incredivlt weak turret

medal

Finally bought this tank with the sale going on the other day. It is a fun tank to play. Never thought of it as invincible. Played my Leo and T29/32 against it many times. 

What I like about it is it’s speed for such a large tank. I can flank and sneak around the enemy. Gun is effective, even at range. 

It sits at a good BR. When fully uptiered, it is still a tough tank, but you have to be careful. With all the fin stabilized rounds, ATGM’s from helo’s, and whatever else is flying around makes it just as easy a kill as any other tank. 

• Upvote 1
medal