Darkshadow86

IS-6 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

So i called it, i knew it was coming. Gaj saw my forum post and knew it was a great idea, instead of the IS-7 it was the IS-6 which is ok, we will reach the IS-7 in due time. So the IS-6, a powerful vehicle mixed with the IS-3, IS-4 and something else. The IS-6 is going to be LEGENDARY on the battlefield, i believe the tank is going to be 6.7 since the russians no longer have a powerful tank at 6.7, the IS-2 mod was there but it had weak turret cheeks and wasn't that competitive compared to the Tiger 2H (sla included) and the T-29(T-34 included). I can't wait for this tank, it has the strengths of all the tier 5 cold era tanks and none of the weaknesses. I think i may just preorder it, how about you guys? Leave a comment below saying if you may buy it or if not that then say how you think this will affect the game now :). Also please no fighting or whining saying its russian bias, that a easy way to get a strike. Any who enjoy my prediction i have bestowed on the war thunder world :good:

Armory(IS-6 Object 252):
Parts of the Tank               Armor in mm     Angling in °
Upper hull front                100 mm                65 °
Drivers hatch                    120mm                65 °
Lower hull front                 120mm                53 °
Upper hull side                  100mm                45 °
lower hull side                   100mm                  0 °
lower lower hull side            20mm                 70°
Upper hull rear                    60mm                 60 °
Lower hull rear                    60mm                 30 °
hull roof                               50mm-20mm      90 °
hull Floor                             20mm                 90 °
Gunmantle                         300mm              round
Tower front                         150mm              round
Tower side                          150mm              round
Tower rear                          100mm              round
Tower Roof                           30mm        85 ° -90 °
Tower Floor                           40mm                90 °

Ammunition of the IS-6:
pen.jpg

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

title edited and thread pinned o7
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Planning on buying it tonight. Plus! The "Soviet hammer" title will go very well with my "Master of Russian Bias" title ;) 

• Upvote 4

Just now, *lilhomie13 said:

Why is it Premium??

xD Actually that question made me think, i was like "easy because.........." I think its a premium because its so powerful and good, same reason why the T-29 is not a premium. If it was spammed out people would whine like crazy about how they can't kill it. Now since its a premium less people will complain because its a rare vechile and not everyone can spend $40 on a ingame item

1 minute ago, TheElite96 said:

Planning on buying it tonight. Plus! The "Soviet hammer" title will go very well with my "Master of Russian Bias" title ;) 

You can't have two titles showing at once, just so you know xD. Also i'm happy to hear you will be buying it :D 

medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Darkshadow86 said:

You can't have two titles showing at once, just so you know xD. Also i'm happy to hear you will be buying it :D 

I'm aware, just saying it will go nicely in my list. I wear the Community Helper title now so neither will make an appearance. lol

Still might put it on once I buy it for a few hours, who knows? :D 

Edited by TheElite96

Ah yes.. .The T-10M and IS-4M crossbreed...

And if 6.7... RiP Tiger IIs... 

Also to add...

One one side I'm happy, it will exterminate Tigers... On the other side... My T29 also gets new enemy...

The tears shall flow... Rivers will be made... Oceans filled up... 

Edited by TyphoonCro
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, EvilWiffles said:

What are the specs for this IS-6?

Not sure but the front hull is 100, so i hope its slopped at 75% or something extreme because 100mm is not that much :beee::facepalm:

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

Ah yes.. .The T10M and IS-4M crossbreed...

And if 6.7... RiP Tiger IIs... 

The tears shall flow... Rivers will be made... Oceans filled up... 

xD the Tiger 2H needs to be takin down a peg anyway, its spammed out way too much. Hopefully the IS-6 will discourage that.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Just now, Darkshadow86 said:

xD the Tiger 2H needs to be takin down a peg anyway, its spammed out way too much. Hopefully the IS-6 will discourage that.

I also added some more to post

On the other side... My T29 (The Nightmare) also gets new enemy...

I inserted this part after T29 now...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

https://warthunder.com/en/news/4564-development-is-6-the-soviet-hammer-pre-order-now-en/ someone have some infos about armor ? wikipedia says nothing and well i don't trust wargaming wiki

http://tankarchives.blogspot.de/2013/09/d-30-gun-for-is-6.html  ??

Edited by Nijiko
medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, EvilWiffles said:

What are the specs for this IS-6?

Here, this isn't much but it could satisfy your hunger for tankery knowledge :D 

IS6_Frontal1

medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, Nijiko said:

https://warthunder.com/en/news/4564-development-is-6-the-soviet-hammer-pre-order-now-en/ someone have some infos about armor ? wikipedia says nothing and well i don't trust wargaming wiki

http://tankarchives.blogspot.de/2013/09/d-30-gun-for-is-6.html  ??

Check out my post in general forum topics :3

medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Darkshadow86 said:

Check out my post in general forum topics :3

u could not just insert the link for it ?xD and sry than for the   topic xD

medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, Darkshadow86 said:

Here, this isn't much but it could satisfy your hunger for tankery knowledge :D 

IS6_Frontal1

well WoT has inaccuracies with the Armour modelling, namely all the fantasy double mantlets with 900+mm EA.

so while a nice little rough idea, not necessarily a guarantee of what to expect from WT.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

well WoT has inaccuracies with the Armour modelling, namely all the fantasy double mantlets with 900+mm EA.

so while a nice little rough idea, not necessarily a guarantee of what to expect from WT.

Every bit counts though, so i'm just counting my blessings :) 

medal medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, KB_Martinsen said:

So will this be the new tank to take the T29/Tiger2H P2W crown?

Its not P2W, also please don't use that term i can't take anyone serious that calls war thunder P2W, when its a F2P company that has to make money somehow. Its a tank, it can die like any other tank.

medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

as someone more likely to fighting these things, I suspect the shot trap will be the bane of this vehicle.

I don't see room for a shot trap, i see the shell bouncing, bouncing again and being a ricochet. I hope the tank will be the King of the battlefield wreck all that oppose it, but i have a feeling its pen is going to very poor :( . Even if it does have poor pen, i can still make T-29/Tiger2H drivers look like this ":018:" every time i peak xD, also does the IS-6 have turret stabilization or whatever its called,  i can't find any historic information on this tank( I haven't searched hard  but still).

Edited by Darkshadow86
medal medal medal medal

I can't wait to see it....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Just now, Darkshadow86 said:

Its not P2W, also please don't use that term i can't take anyone serious that calls war thunder P2W, when its a F2P company that has to make money somehow. Its a tank, it can die like any other tank.

well to be fair "it can die, ergo not P2W" is not a very good argument.

arguably this game has enough depth of play and enough avenues to counter and to be countered (in combined battles) that there are not many places for a vehicle to really be completely abusive without consequence. of course this is not to mean that a vehicle can or cannot be OP, but that in this game there is a greater level of counter play.

I would argue in the past we have seen vehicles brought about for purchase which were heavily inbalanced and were in need of fixing and I do not think that right now such a thing is not possible to happen. I would argue that this is not deliberate P2W so much as poor standards of balancing or lack of awareness on the side of developers to the full extent of abuse a vehicle can have.

I say this because they do not exclusively make such balancing errors with premium or buyable vehicles, and have done so more consistently with non premium vehicles in the past. to say that the game is P2W by simply pointing to an unbalanced or abusable premium is simply a double standard or deliberate neglect of the fact that poor balance affects both premium and non premium vehicles.

I would agree WT is not at least deliberately P2W, or rather, whether or not WT is P2W is not really that important compared to the fact this game is pay to grind, which is by far a greater issue.

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Sidiros said:

I can't wait to see it....

Speaking of which, the russians need good Anti air artillery, but i'm sure a IS-6 would be able to easily get away from any bombs, they would see the plane and move to a safer location(or areas that only pilots playing on min could see where the IS-6 was hiding at)

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Optical_Ilyushin said:

well to be fair "it can die, ergo not P2W" is not a very good argument.

arguably this game has enough depth of play and enough avenues to counter and to be countered (in combined battles) that there are not many places for a vehicle to really be completely abusive without consequence. of course this is not to mean that a vehicle can or cannot be OP, but that in this game there is a greater level of counter play.

I would argue in the past we have seen vehicles brought about for purchase which were heavily inbalanced and were in need of fixing and I do not think that right now such a thing is not possible to happen. I would argue that this is not deliberate P2W so much as poor standards of balancing or lack of awareness on the side of developers to the full extent of abuse a vehicle can have.

I say this because they do not exclusively make such balancing errors with premium or buyable vehicles, and have done so more consistently with non premium vehicles in the past. to say that the game is P2W by simply pointing to an unbalanced or abusable premium is simply a double standard or deliberate neglect of the fact that poor balance affects both premium and non premium vehicles.

I would agree WT is not at least deliberately P2W, or rather, whether or not WT is P2W is not really that important compared to the fact this game is pay to grind, which is by far a greater issue.

Well said-ish, but when it comes to people like that i don't try to argue, they are just unreasonable. It would be like trying to explain to a kid, why they can't have cookies and junkfood for dinner. You could try to explain but the kid(depending how disciplined or taught) would say "what about Johnny his parents let him eat cookies for dinner".  Certain things i can argue for, while other things seem pointless to try to convince others of. Its like the whole PC vs console thing, we all know PC is better(way more utility) but a lot of people can't be convinced for that.

medal medal medal medal