Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_Vlad________

Crew lock change?

Crew lock    9 members have voted

1. 1. Through out my 4 years playing war thunder I have notice an increase in people leave matches and still being able to spawn in.

• A longer Crew lock to punish those who leave a match with at leave one spawn.
    • The same System

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

Through out my 3 years playing war thunder I have noticed a relative rise in people leaving matches and still being able to spawn, and players rushing in to die because its a map they hate(as you will see in the pictures i have posted. This is why I propose that  crew lock be modified to have a heavier punishment. My suggestion is that crew lock works on a tier system that resets every 24 hours and doubles the time of the it every time a person leaves the match in less than 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the score. The initial time would be from 5 minutes.

If this is the wrong section to post this in please tell me where it needs to be and whether or not to put it in Russian.  

Edited by _Vlad________

Posted (edited)

First I must ask: have you, sir, ever played a realistic battles? 

The system is TERRIBLE at the moment. It needs great improvement for detecting whether a user is a quitter or not before something this drastic is added to the game. 

The reason I ask if you have played RB before is because it is so easy to get shot down early in the game. Especially jets. I believe the play time you have to have for the system to disable is a little over 3 minutes. So if you get shot down and quit the game before that, then you have to wait 5-6 minutes before you can use that plane again. The system is broken and always has been.

Additionally, they game forces players to use backup in the 1.65 update--which I am strongly against. Not using backups also counts as leaving the battle early. This applies to tank realistic too. 

Edited by TrickyArmyMan

Sometimes I leave battles too; when I still can spawn but the enemy team already decimated mine, there's no use in spawning again since I cannot change the outcome of the match anymore and I'll only be charges with the repair costs - this is even worse in RB.

While I'm strongly against it, I understand it's necessary sometimes
(GF player here, I don't play planes).

Posted (edited)

LONGER timer for Crew Lock? Is OP absolutely insane? It is already infuriating to the point of Alt-F4ing out of the game with the stupid crew lock system that is in place. If I get shot early in a battle on a map that is terrible to play SPAAG at, or say... the team is getting completely rolled over and is half-destroyed, and spawning in will only give me higher repair costs for absolutely zero personal gain, then why should I be punished even more?

I've already lost and given up, I'm already losing SL, do I need a kick in the balls too on top of that? That's what the existing crew lock system already is. Making it even longer is completely insane.

Edited by Cpt_Inkognito

On 3/1/2017 at 11:52 AM, Despeao said:

Sometimes I leave battles too; when I still can spawn but the enemy team already decimated mine, there's no use in spawning again since I cannot change the outcome of the match anymore and I'll only be charges with the repair costs - this is even worse in RB.

While I'm strongly against it, I understand it's necessary sometimes
(GF player here, I don't play planes).

Why leave the match when you can still have the opportunity to save the game and get a larger pay out  like i have done several times or get those amazing kills like i did in an m19 

War Thunder 03-04-2017 11-12-56-286.mp4

Posted (edited)

On 3/1/2017 at 0:08 PM, Cpt_Inkognito said:

LONGER timer for Crew Lock? Is OP absolutely insane? It is already infuriating to the point of Alt-F4ing out of the game with the stupid crew lock system that is in place. If I get shot early in a battle on a map that is terrible to play SPAAG at, or say... the team is getting completely rolled over and is half-destroyed, and spawning in will only give me higher repair costs for absolutely zero personal gain, then why should I be punished even more?

I've already lost and given up, I'm already losing SL, do I need a kick in the balls too on top of that? That's what the existing crew lock system already is. Making it even longer is completely insane.

Then my question to you is it okay for someone who went in thier m46 and still has a t29  with 1700sp  who has died once to leave when its a 6.7 match just because they died and not have anymore punishment than a 5 min crew lock  which is essentially a slap on the wrist to then then tell me why 

Edited by _Vlad________

On 3/1/2017 at 10:58 AM, TrickyArmyMan said:

First I must ask: have you, sir, ever played a realistic battles? 

The system is TERRIBLE at the moment. It needs great improvement for detecting whether a user is a quitter or not before something this drastic is added to the game. 

The reason I ask if you have played RB before is because it is so easy to get shot down early in the game. Especially jets. I believe the play time you have to have for the system to disable is a little over 3 minutes. So if you get shot down and quit the game before that, then you have to wait 5-6 minutes before you can use that plane again. The system is broken and always has been.

Additionally, they game forces players to use backup in the 1.65 update--which I am strongly against. Not using backups also counts as leaving the battle early. This applies to tank realistic too. 

Then my question to you is why are you only spending 2 minutes in an air rb? I spend nearly 20 mins in air rb and i suck at planes 

Why is there no "remove crewlock' or "less crewlock" options in the poll, because the current system is already the harshest on the unlucky, and you want to make it worse:

-If you get rammed by a teammate in RB, you get the same crewlock as someone who leaves, but with the difference of not having made any decison to do so,

-If your game crashes out in AB, you get a lock on all your vehicles, if you ragequit only on the ones you did not use.

And I haven't mentioned there's a load of valid reasons to quit. Facing a bunch of camping/sniping T29s and Tiger IIs in a T-34 or Kv-220 (especially in AB) makes for such xxxx gameplay that I would not expect either my teammates or my enemies to stay, solely so that the enemy has to waste 1-2 shells. And if one teams slightly gets the upper hand of a previously equal match, and starts spamming planes, I see no reason to spawn again, only to get kamikazed. There's also a load of reasons to quit that are not related to the match itself that require a player to leave, but these usually mean a player won't return to another battle immediately

But what do you expect Players whose strongest vehicle already is the weakest in the match to do once they inevitably get killed without a real fighting chance? Spawn back in an even weaker vehicle and to get beaten up again? and don't "in real life there was no leaving" me, becuase this is not real life. the Tiger II spam was not there in real life. And if you happened to be on the side who had the weaker tanks IRL, there was usually a numeric advantage on your side, which gave you more chance to survive.

33 minutes ago, _Vlad________ said:

Why leave the match when you can still have the opportunity to save the game and get a larger pay out  like i have done several times or get those amazing kills like i did in an m19 

because usually you don't, and you end up as cannon fodder for the winning team, as they slowly make their way to your spawn

12 hours ago, Saint_StuG said:

Why is there no "remove crewlock' or "less crewlock" options in the poll, because the current system is already the harshest on the unlucky, and you want to make it worse:

-If you get rammed by a teammate in RB, you get the same crewlock as someone who leaves, but with the difference of not having made any decison to do so,

-If your game crashes out in AB, you get a lock on all your vehicles, if you ragequit only on the ones you did not use.

And I haven't mentioned there's a load of valid reasons to quit. Facing a bunch of camping/sniping T29s and Tiger IIs in a T-34 or Kv-220 (especially in AB) makes for such xxxx gameplay that I would not expect either my teammates or my enemies to stay, solely so that the enemy has to waste 1-2 shells. And if one teams slightly gets the upper hand of a previously equal match, and starts spamming planes, I see no reason to spawn again, only to get kamikazed. There's also a load of reasons to quit that are not related to the match itself that require a player to leave, but these usually mean a player won't return to another battle immediately

But what do you expect Players whose strongest vehicle already is the weakest in the match to do once they inevitably get killed without a real fighting chance? Spawn back in an even weaker vehicle and to get beaten up again? and don't "in real life there was no leaving" me, becuase this is not real life. the Tiger II spam was not there in real life. And if you happened to be on the side who had the weaker tanks IRL, there was usually a numeric advantage on your side, which gave you more chance to survive.

because usually you don't, and you end up as cannon fodder for the winning team, as they slowly make their way to your spawn

Another fun thing ive noticed is the people who are usually quick to want less crew lock or no crew lock are the ones who leave that matches with a spawn

:facepalm: And another thing is its usually people in top tier tanks that do it, like shoot, then there's the people who rush in an die because the hate the map that's the worst.

Posted (edited)

On ‎5‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 5:55 AM, _Vlad________ said:

Another fun thing ive noticed is the people who are usually quick to want less crew lock or no crew lock are the ones who leave that matches with a spawn

:facepalm: And another thing is its usually people in top tier tanks that do it, like shoot, then there's the people who rush in an die because the hate the map that's the worst.

No, I just don't like facing a crewlock for lagging out or for suffering a game freeze:facepalm: and the system was a silly one to begin with

Edited by Saint_StuG

18 hours ago, _Vlad________ said:

A fun thing I've noticed is the people who like to be RP pinãtas are the ones who want to punish players who don't like to put up with idiotic game features: "Hey, person A doesn't want to put up with xxxx 'feature' X, let's add xxxx 'feature' Y to punish him! For the love of everything that's holy do NOT at all try to fix X, curing the problem to start with!"

4 hours ago, Cpt_Inkognito said:

A fun thing I've noticed is the people who like to be RP pinãtas are the ones who want to punish players who don't like to put up with idiotic game features: "Hey, person A doesn't want to put up with xxxx 'feature' X, let's add xxxx 'feature' Y to punish him! For the love of everything that's holy do NOT at all try to fix X, curing the problem to start with!"

Oh what suddenly I'm an Rp pinãtas for wanting to try and change it so people who are raging and rush in and die to leave a map they hate are punished more but go on about how you find it "unfair " that you raged from a match because you got killed by X vehicle or think that said match is unwinnable and left said match and got punished for it, but go on about how you think it is unfair.  

Posted (edited)

On 3/4/2017 at 8:26 AM, _Vlad________ said:

Then my question to you is why are you only spending 2 minutes in an air rb? I spend nearly 20 mins in air rb and i suck at planes 

I can safely assume you haven't played jets before. 

Edited by TrickyArmyMan

On 3/4/2017 at 8:17 AM, _Vlad________ said:

War Thunder 03-04-2017 11-12-56-286.mp4

Additionally to what I said before, you must be new to the game. 

Posted (edited)

I hate the crew lock out system, I have to wait all the time if I get shot down earlier or crash, same in tanks if you get taken out early. it's a stupid system and I for one want it removed completely, it was only implemented because people would get pissed off about getting xxxx match making constantly so they would quit when they got up tiered and knew they were gonna get ****. I don't blame for the doing it. It was a way of forcing players to play the matches that they didn't want to play, which in turned pissed people off, and then you have less people playing the game because it is less fun than before.

Edited by HellHammer9182
Spelling mistake.

9 hours ago, TrickyArmyMan said:

I can safely assume you haven't played jets before. 

Actually i have 3 jets the me262 a2a, the ho229 and the venom but i have every German tier 5 except the last atgm, leoa1a1 and jagpanzer4-5 most of the Russian tier 5s Excepth the 54s and t10m and have the t95 and just unlockeded the m103 

3 hours ago, Saint_StuG said:

mI still think this poll is biased

Biased, towards what wanting to stop people from "raging" a match or stopping people from rushing in and wasting their plane/ tank 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, HellHammer9182 said:

I hate the crew lock out system, I have to wait all the time if I get shot down earlier or crash, same in tanks if you get taken out early. it's a stupid system and I for one want it removed completely, it was only implemented because people would get pissed off about getting xxxx match making constantly so they would quit when they got up tiered and knew they were gonna get ****. I don't blame for the doing it. It was a way of forcing players to play the matches that they didn't want to play, which in turned pissed people off, and then you have less people playing the game because it is less fun than before.

This. So much this. They can't fix something people despise by adding something more to hate on top of that. Dislike + Dislike != Like. If the game designers knew their basic math they'd know that (-1) + (-1) = -2, not +2.

3 hours ago, Saint_StuG said:

I still think this poll is biased

Absurdly biased. But at least OP is doing everyone a favour since the poll result is 100% useless to anyone and everyone, so the thread is wasted :)

Edited by Cpt_Inkognito

9 hours ago, TrickyArmyMan said:

Additionally to what I said before, you must be new to the game. 

I'm new with 3 years under my belt .... wow peoples standards man, next you'll tell me you believe in "Russian Bias":facepalm:

9 hours ago, HellHammer9182 said:

The point of a game is to play it, not be a nit pick and go" Hmmh I don't like this map and  or set up. I'm gonna leave" and then leave with no repercussion action at all. Which is why most games like War thunder have a lock system but war thunders affects more than one vehicle. And if it pisses people off, think of it like this. those people are a small majority. That small majority probably only plays 3 times a week. and if they leave they will only come back in a week to 3 weeks. I see it all the time.  

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, _Vlad________ said:

The point of a game is to play it, not be a nit pick and go" Hmmh I don't like this map and  or set up. I'm gonna leave" and then leave with no repercussion action at all. Which is why most games like War thunder have a lock system but war thunders affects more than one vehicle. And if it pisses people off, think of it like this. those people are a small majority. That small majority probably only plays 3 times a week. and if they leave they will only come back in a week to 3 weeks. I see it all the time.  

A game mode is being tested right now that allows you to choose the game you want to join.

Edited by Maki3006

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, _Vlad________ said:

No, the point of a game is to have fun, not to play no matter what. If a game is designed to under certain circumstances prevent people from having fun it's a bad game mechanic, and people can't be blamed for avoiding stuff that kills the fun. Don't know about you, but Gaijin doesn't pay me to play their game.

Edited by Cpt_Inkognito

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Inkognito said:

This. So much this. They can't fix something people despise by adding something more to hate on top of that. Dislike + Dislike != Like. If the game designers knew their basic math they'd know that (-1) + (-1) = -2, not +2.

Absurdly biased. But at least OP is doing everyone a favour since the poll result is 100% useless to anyone and everyone :)

The poll... useless... wow this is new to me... its almost like I'm trying to see many people don't want it changed, but no...your right in all your wisdom stating the obvious.. Here want a cookie or a sticker for that one.? :dntknw: Also What some view as a negative others veiw a positive like the features of Hull Break and The former feature Last man Standing, Both of which many have mixed views on.

Spoiler

Spoilers are fun...

10 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

A game mode is being tested right now that allows you to choose the game you want to join.

When did the announce that?and there is also a feature to join back in matches you left :)

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, _Vlad________ said:

The poll... useless... wow this is new to me... its almost like I'm trying to see many people don't want it changed, but no...your right in all your wisdom stating the obvious.. Here want a cookie or a sticker for that one.? :dntknw: Also What some view as a negative others veiw a positive like the features of Hull Break and The former feature Last man Standing, Both of which many have mixed views on.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoilers are fun...

When did the announce that?and there is also a feature to join back in matches you left :)

It's the War in the Pacific event going on right now, not sure when they announced it. You can rejoin after you leave.

Edited by Maki3006

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Inkognito said:

No, the point of a game is to have fun, not to play no matter what. If a game is designed to under certain circumstances prevent people from having fun it's a bad game mechanic, and people can't be blamed for avoiding stuff that kills the fun. Don't know about you, but Gaijin doesn't pay me to play their game.

I'm pretty sure if you're not playing the game, your not having fun in the game. Why yes they can if they take away from the fun of others. Example: lets say im avoiding the enemy because I think if I die I'm not gonna have fun. So not only am I hiding in the back not doing anything to contribute to the match at hand..but its all in the sake of " having fun" right ? Or if I am in said plane turning away from the combat because I don't want to fight said plane ahead of me... so I turn and hit an ally...by mistake... but I can't be blamed for it for the sake of " Having Fun"  

Edited by _Vlad________

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0