Dankest_Memicus

Panther 2/G (panther 2 prototype)

Ok i know a lot of people at first glance will think oh god not another panther and immediately say no but to those who actually read all the way through let me explain.

the panther is a very versatile tank able to take on a number of supporting roles with relative ease whether that being the role of a medium, scout (if its pushed up into high br games) or as a tank destroyer (when its br is sufficient enough that it can pen but makes its armor worthless) however there is one panther that is not in the game and i believe it deserves to be as it is the prototype panther 2 with the ausf G turret and gun, its was built therefore it deserves a place in the game even if that means it has to be premium. funnily enough i prefer the ausf G panther over the ausf F due to the turret design, the fact is the panther ausf G has the better turret maybe the gun on the ausf F is slightly faster in reload but lets be honest in a medium-long range engagement the tank with more complex armor design is normally the one to win due to the loss of penetration over distance however getting back on topic i can see the panther 2/G sitting at br of 6.3-6.7 and it would bridge the gap between the panthers, sure you get the same 75mm but lets be honest if you get the panther 2 hull lower down the line there has to be a drawback and in this case it would be the penetration of the gun, so you would not be able to play it like a panther 2 being able to pen tanks from the front with relative ease. you would be playing it more like the m46 when you have nothing but m86 aphe shells loaded flanking around the enemy tanks to get side shots into them in my opinion it would make a very interesting panther play style. but if you were forced to engage and enemy tank frontally that little bit of extra armor might save your life and before people go on about "panther spam" i haven't seen anyone mention "t54 spam" or "sherman spam" im sorry but these players have no choice but panther and tiger spam at that br, i mean i don't see many people driving the jagdpanzer 4 around.....because that tank is terrible and no one wants to have to go through that which is why they use tigers and panthers to skip tanks like that anyway i think thats the end of my suggestion be sure to post comments below and don't just say "no, just no" all that means to me is your jumping on the no bandwagon because you saw somebody else say no, give a reason why you think no instead of just being a bot anyway thanks for reading my wall of text and at least consider this tank.

 

(EDIT: if anyone has specifications for this tank please post them down below as i searched and turned up nothing but didn't consider it necessary considering its just the ausf G turret on the panther 2 hull) 

(ANOTHER EDIT: this is my second account so ignore that it says that i am a recruit i have a lot more experience on this game than it leads you to believe just to put that into context i've been playing tanks before the us ground forces tech tree came out just thought you should know ;) )

 

panth2_5.jpg.d889dd7f0155b02b331cd5631ce

waspt.jpg.7d24867759e066428767024abc5eec

Edited by herpaderp567
added a sentence
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panther II Proto, good name indeed. Replace? why don't make the A-G-F Foldered? Well, this Panther could run wildly like Panther II but with "weaker gun". 6.3 is good, 6.7 if it's APDS'd

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Panther II did not have a turret on it because it never had a turret built for it. On paper there was a turret called "Turm Panther 2" which was something inbetween normal Panther turret and Schmalturm.

 

 


ou8yDJP.png
 

 

 

Currently Panther II has Ausf.G turret because of americans who mounted it. Interesting fact is that at one point they removed the initial Ausf.G turret and replaced it with another Ausf.G turret.

Edited by KorEEnium
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Touchmine said:

So basically a Panther 2 hull and engine with a Panther G turret and gun?

pretty much of course there would probably be differences in the turret traverse, the engine horsepower and other minor differences however if there wasn't i do believe that would be a bit over the top wouldn't you agree?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PzDiv_Nishizumi said:

Panther II Proto, good name indeed. Replace? why don't make the A-G-F Foldered? Well, this Panther could run wildly like Panther II but with "weaker gun". 6.3 is good, 6.7 if it's APDS'd

You know i was wondering why they didn't do that with the panthers as well im also wondering why the t54's aren't foldered either, makes more sense to do that. Less room taken up in the tech tree adds space for any other tanks of their respective time periods (that were actually made of course)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hunter12396 said:

neither this or the Panther II in game are real, KorEEinem is correct

(from achtungpanzer.com)

quote "for test purposes prototype Panther II was fitted with newly built Ausf G turret (built in March/April of 1945) armed with 75mm KwK 42 L/70 gun and with special mountings for infrared device and telescopic range finder. It is possible that it was used in combat but there is no records of it, while some sources state that Ausf G turret was fitted by the Americans after the chassis was captured." end quote

 

Basically its mixed whether the americans fitted the Ausf g turret on it originally when they found it or whether the tank already had it fitted. Either way it is real as it is now on display at fort knox. More real than the panther 2 we have in game and if thats in the game then why can't this be?

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, herpaderp567 said:

(from achtungpanzer.com)

quote "for test purposes prototype Panther II was fitted with newly built Ausf G turret (built in March/April of 1945) armed with 75mm KwK 42 L/70 gun and with special mountings for infrared device and telescopic range finder. It is possible that it was used in combat but there is no records of it, while some sources state that Ausf G turret was fitted by the Americans after the chassis was captured." end quote

 

Basically its mixed whether the americans fitted the Ausf g turret on it originally when they found it or whether the tank already had it fitted. Either way it is real as it is now on display at fort knox. More real than the panther 2 we have in game and if thats in the game then why can't this be?

actungpanzer isn't a source
they're less reliable than Wikipedia
find it in a book and get back to me...

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hunter12396 said:

actungpanzer isn't a source
they're less reliable than Wikipedia
find it in a book and get back to me...

now your just being a prick mate

The fact that its at fort knox is all the proof that is needed that it should be in the game, you don't need a "book" when the evidence is right in front of your face

Edited by herpaderp567
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hunter12396 said:

demanding an actual source = being a prick
mkay

no but the way you said it i found that very insulting

almost like your trying to stop this from being a thing

and no i don't have books because im not a historian and i don't have library full of tank data however what i do know is that just like the maus it was built or it wouldn't be on display in the fort knox museum

Edited by herpaderp567
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I am trying to stop this being a thing because its not a real German tank
the panther II should be replaced with the Panther Ausf.F Schmalturm and the real panther II put in, not this nonsense

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hunter12396 said:

well I am trying to stop this being a thing because its not a real German tank
the panther II should be replaced with the Panther Ausf.F Schmalturm and the real panther II put in, not this nonsense

looking at your profile it seems you've tried to undermine several posts so from now on im just going to ignore you as i see you as a troll good day sir

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, herpaderp567 said:

looking at your profile it seems you've tried to undermine several posts so from now on im just going to ignore you as i see you as a troll good day sir

only the bad ones, but whatever

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, herpaderp567 said:

(from achtungpanzer.com)

quote "for test purposes prototype Panther II was fitted with newly built Ausf G turret (built in March/April of 1945) armed with 75mm KwK 42 L/70 gun and with special mountings for infrared device and telescopic range finder. It is possible that it was used in combat but there is no records of it, while some sources state that Ausf G turret was fitted by the Americans after the chassis was captured." end quote

 

Basically its mixed whether the americans fitted the Ausf g turret on it originally when they found it or whether the tank already had it fitted. Either way it is real as it is now on display at fort knox. More real than the panther 2 we have in game and if thats in the game then why can't this be?

From Panzer Tracts Nr.5-4, ISBN 0-9771643-2-2

4fLy4nj.png

 

Panther II hull with test weight rings on it. 

001-1.jpg

  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KorEEnium said:

From Panzer Tracts Nr.5-4, ISBN 0-9771643-2-2

4fLy4nj.png

 

Panther II hull with test weight rings on it. 

001-1.jpg

well here is actual evidence of what hunter was saying if he had just shown this i would have accepted the fact that the turret was put on in the u.s however since he did not show anything like this i just assumed he was jumping on the no bandwagon. however technically its still a panther variant and would have a very interesting play style and i'd still like to see it in the game, maybe it could even be an american premium since the Ausf G turret was fitted there :dntknw: 

Edited by herpaderp567
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't see a point in it. It would be at higher br with the same gun and same weak spot turret. If we're talking prototypes I'd much rather have one of Daimler-Benz Panther prototypes.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don get me wrong but all i see in the OP Post is a late Panther G with steel wheels? What's the difference?!

 

panste.jpg.b30c18770c3f2a378258bd137006f

(Panther A Turret with G Chassis (engine) and steels wheels)

 

PantherG01.jpg.b3296ad8d2c009de134ce0303

Panther G with steel wheels on the last station...

 

So again what's the differenence?

 

Anyway +1

 

EDIT

 

i actually found some fitting version...used in the war...so should also be a simple G late right?

534a346a4732f39b900785b53c5ad43f.thumb.j

 

Edited by PROKON
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PROKON said:

Don get me wrong but all i see in the OP Post is a late Panther G with steel wheels? What's the difference?!

 

panste.jpg.b30c18770c3f2a378258bd137006f

(Panther A Turret with G Chassis (engine) and steels wheels)

 

PantherG01.jpg.b3296ad8d2c009de134ce0303

Panther G with steel wheels on the last station...

 

So again what's the differenence?

 

Anyway +1

 

EDIT

 

i actually found some fitting version...used in the war...so should also be a simple G late right?

534a346a4732f39b900785b53c5ad43f.thumb.j

 

 

It is not Panther Ausf.G with steel road wheels. Panther II and Panther Ausf.G are 99% different from each other. Panther II hull was used to design Tiger II hull and new hull for Panther which entered production as Ausf.G.

 

The last picture has to be taken after the war when the americans restored it to fully operational condition.

Edited by KorEEnium
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KorEEnium said:

 

It is not Panther Ausf.G with steel road wheels. Panther II and Panther Ausf.G are 99% different from each other. Panther II hull was used to design Tiger II hull and new hull for Panther which entered production as Ausf.G.

 

The last picture has to be taken after the war when the americans restored it to fully operational condition.

you may find this a bit weird but i tell the difference from the tracks as the panther tracks are in general heavier and bulkier

 

7 hours ago, PROKON said:

Don get me wrong but all i see in the OP Post is a late Panther G with steel wheels? What's the difference?!

 

panste.jpg.b30c18770c3f2a378258bd137006f

(Panther A Turret with G Chassis (engine) and steels wheels)

 

PantherG01.jpg.b3296ad8d2c009de134ce0303

Panther G with steel wheels on the last station...

 

So again what's the differenence?

 

Anyway +1

 

 

 

the way to tell if its the panther g hull or the panther 2 hull is the roadwheels panther 2 has 7 where as the panther g has 8 :good:

 

06_11_14_08_36_53_panther2.jpg.93ada8c56

as you can see there are 7 road wheels and gaijin are very accurate with their modeling (its the only decent side view of a panther 2 because.....well.....it wasn't exactly mass produced :D)

Edited by herpaderp567
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.