ReachForTheSky

gameplay
Event Options for Tankers to play without Aircraft

Tanks without Planes Events   90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an Event for Ground Forces only?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. In which game mode would you prefer most to not have aircraft - in other words, which would you like to play the most?

• Ground Forces Arcade
    • Ground Forces Realistic
    • Ground Forces Simulator
    • None of the above

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

109 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Retry said:

Really?

L/60 Bofors has a maximum firing range of 23,000 feet.  Flak 43 is 8,000 meters.  Most of the shells SPAA shoot literally can't reach 30,000 feet...

Baron was using the falcon, not the m42.

3 hours ago, Horrifior said:

Mind to stay on topic?

Sure, i say we should have multiple modes, so that way we don't have to fight over everything. 

And it looks like the majority does support this suggestion, too.

7 minutes ago, Horrifior said:

Another youtuber (SlickBee) now understood that planes are killing sim-battles. Watch his video:

SlickBees video regarding airplanes in Simulator Battles (lots of Panther II gameplay in the middle, but watch particular 1st and last minute).

Battle Royale is on its way.

I'd say you guys are getting what you want already.

Battle Royale is completely mixed nations, and survivor takes it all. This is by no means a replacement to a normal, full blown tank battle with teams.

For airplanes, your opinion would read: Let's scrap normal RB / SB air battles, because you have RB / SB tournaments (1v1 / 2v2).

At least in my opinion, that does not make a lot of sense... but of course, for tankers it should all be different??

21 minutes ago, Horrifior said:

Battle Royale is completely mixed nations, and survivor takes it all. This is by no means a replacement to a normal, full blown tank battle with teams.

For airplanes, your opinion would read: Let's scrap normal RB / SB air battles, because you have RB / SB tournaments (1v1 / 2v2).

At least in my opinion, that does not make a lot of sense... but of course, for tankers it should all be different??

My statement does not pertain to air battles, it only pertains to the subject matter. People wanted event options "without aircraft" and Battle Royale fits that bill quite handily. There are no aircraft and no plans to integrate them so far as I know. If keeping away from aircraft is your primary ambition, it sounds like a haven for you. Many people made that ambition their operative, so I see no reason to turn them away from a chance to see it fulfilled.

Other events without aircraft have been talked about Gaijin as possibilities in the past (as opposed to a mode, which was denied), though I cannot recall the last time such a thing was offered.

I don't support splitting the playerbase more, and I also don't support disappearing of aircraft from Ground RB (would render SPAA for example completely useless, with some exceptions). As an event that runs over the weekend for example it's fine imo, but not as a 'standard' game mode.