Sir_Campalot

The Arcade blow your own trumpet thread

14 posts in this topic

Stalingrad in my USA M4A3E2 16 kills without losing my tank. My previous best was 13. 

What's your best kill count?

Is there any way to save the server reply? I accidentally exited the mission summary at the end and lost the save replay option. Have server but don't know how to save it. 

Edited by Sir_Campalot

My best is 11 kills with a ZIS-30 before being blown to bits.

The map was VoloandtherestIcan'tremember

I'll try and find the replay and post a screenshot this evening.

Feel free to call <swearword to indicate a false statement> if I can't find it.

Edited by Dezzantibus

14 and 0 in a T25. I didn't save the replay and it might be to far back to save (I didn't even take a screenshot) and I nearly bit it several times but was bailed out by squadmates.

...so really the only evidence I have is their testimony, but they were there, and they pointed it out before I noticed cause I was just too busy trying not to die before I realized I'd accumulated as many kills as I had. I'd try to go back in the serverside replay and find it, but it was about two weeks ago, maybe three, so I don't know if it's even there,and I seem to have run into a bug (that according to Gaijin is known and being worked on) that prevents me from remaining logged in long enough to search for it.  I wasn't alone for the match, but there WERE 6.7 vehicles present, so things just kinda aligned in my favor.

Previous best was 13-0 in a T-50 waaay back when I first started playing tanks.

8 hours ago, LolaLolaLola said:

Is this thread needed? Nonetheless good job.

Correct. Not really needed but IMO nothing wrong with someone doing a little bragging as long as it does not get out of hand.

Most I had was 12 with German BR 4.7 Poland (hiding behind Reichstag) but one kill was from my bomber. My best run was 2 11 kill games back to back and the third was 10 kills. Totally exhausting. The following games that day are not worth mentioning, and quite embarrassing.

16 hours ago, _Rustle_ said:

look at all those tanks that can't pen you in your recently BR reduced tank.

Amazing...

I'm still getting killed, just not in that mission. The other teams stupid  tactics rather than my skill was the reason I had so many kills, all though I went up against another  USA M4A3E2 

Mind you what's wrong with bringing in another nation that can actually challenge the Germans and Soviets at this BR?

And whats your top kill count? 

Edited by Sir_Campalot

I think 16 my all-time high, but don't recall the map. Several games with 13 kills. When I watched replays I realize it had as much to do with luck as skill. I bounced shot after shot and opponents just blundered right into my gun sights. Of course skill was involved, but high kill games often just work out that way. In fact, given the tank you're in and the skill/BR of opponents, it's possible to play a much better game yet kill only 4 or 5 and die 3 times.

Edited by ArdeerAggie

Hmm. 29 with the old spawn system ( each medium spawned twice ) on old Karelia Domination, 17 several times using the last spawn system before BR changes, and 10 since they changed the BR of some tanks. Double digit kills, for me anyway, since BR changes has become a rarity (more 5 kill-3 death types of games or worse). 

I think if you get lucky you can score pretty well. I think my best was 14-0 in a T-34, but I was playing at 3.7 and it was a top BR of 4.7 in this match. By mistake I selected the T-34 1940, the BR 3.3 model, and I nearly exited the match in frustration for doing that. But I thought what the hell I just go out shoot at things and bring out the better models when I lost the first one. And it was one of those good matches, players drive out in front of me side on (which is easy in a T-34 to one shot, not like playing with AP), and every shot seemed to be a one-shot kill, even the instant snap-shot chance ones, and even one at very long range. I just kept on going forward and people who could have killed me ignored or didn't see me and I finished up doing a lap of the enemy spawns by the end. I don't think I even took a penetrating hit. Sheer luck really, I was laughing myself silly at the end-point, click, kill....rinse and repeat.

I think I've managed as high as 19 in a match playing US lights at BR 1.3, but not without dying twice on the way. Another top was (I think) 11 with the 3 Inch Gun Carrier, and that's tricky because it takes a significant part of the game to even get to the action.

Then again, I know I've gone 0:3 far too often as well.

I managed 3 kills, 1 assist and 0 deaths in a RB match once. I don't know how I managed it. Usually I just get blasted after scoring a 'critical hit' that never seems to prevent my would-be victim from cranking his turret around and one-shotting me. I don't know what kinda coffee people are drinking that they can get 14 and 0. Wow.

My best match till this date is when I got 12 tank kills and 4 plane kills (technically a total of 16 kills) for one death. This took place on Berlin and I was using my German 3.7 lineup (namely the PzIV F2 and the Wirbelwind) against opponents of the same BR as myself.

I'm not very proud of this match due to it being a display of luck, bad opponents and flawed game mechanics, but none the less it's still my best. The reason for this is the fact that 7 of these 12 tank kills were achieved via the use of bombs/rockets from 3 separate attack runs with planes... if this isn't an indication to how OP they are in AB GF, then I don't know what is. I did however get a "Multi-strike x5" (4 tanks and 1 plane) within the space of a few seconds, so I guess this is something that you don't see every day in AB GF.

Other than this particular one, I have got a handful of 10+ tank kill matches (usually without dying) where I have actually played well.