ShannaShae

Rank doesn't matter award

That awrd always makes me laugh myself to death. In planes that might be true. I don't know how many times when I used to fly I would get on the 6 of someone of a higher rank and it doesn't matter, they go down as a big fireball. I have seen bi-planes in high level matches and tear up some a**. BUT...........................

In tanks it does matter. Not only do they have much thicker armor and bigger shells but they can rotate that torrent around and kill you. I don't know how many times, probably every match since every match I am always out ranked. But how many times I have faced off with higher ranks only to to see my shells bounce off them without doing any damage what so ever to them.

I think they need to increase the award value for tanks who kill higher rank tanks since it's harder to do than plane Vs plane higher ranks.

Edited by ShannaShae
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

Yeah, in a plane you just have to hit the right spot.  One bullet through the pilot and that normally does it.  Tanks take a bit more work and persistence. I do get a grin when I get it playing GF.  Not sure I notice it when playing AF though. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Rank doesn't matter award

That awrd always makes me laugh myself to death. In planes that might be true. I don't know how many times when I used to fly I would get on the 6 of someone of a higher rank and it doesn't matter, they go down as a big fireball. I have seen bi-planes in high level matches and tear up some a**. BUT...........................

In tanks it does matter. Not only do they have much thicker armor and bigger shells but they can rotate that torrent around and kill you. I don't know how many times, probably every match since every match I am always out ranked. But how many times I have faced off with higher ranks only to to see my shells bounce off them without doing any damage what so ever to them.

I think they need to increase the award value for tanks who kill higher rank tanks since it's harder to do than plane Vs plane higher ranks.

Edited Friday at 01:01 PM by ShannaShae

I like this award as I fall on someones Six O'clock or streaking down from up high spurting out a couple of gun shots and achieve points for hits or kills.

If I get shots in and awarded the "Rank Does Not Matter"  and its inline with historical accounts of real ace pilots confronting more entry level junior pilots just out smarting them, well then thats just awesome to have that in War Thunder.

Also the other awards like "Multi-Strike" when hitting more than one Tank or vehicle in line several times, yeah baby LoL

Love it! :p:

Edited by SkyKnight2014

I think my most treasured was when I killed two AT1's with my Centurion MK10. I play it as my secondary in the 8.0 lineup as it's better than the conq.

Two rank does mot matter in one game

medal medal

I don't care much for RDNM awards in planes. I don't mind Balancer awards . Skill matters is better. Or when I am feeling cheeky ' God mode ' which I can get rather easily in planes heh

medal medal medal medal

On 17.2.2017 at 3:00 AM, ShannaShae said:

this award is just a bad joke.. flying around hunted all time by planes which are most of the time 1 or 1.3 highere in br.. so in ur 1.7 u are facing a 3.0 .. so of course it matters via climb rate accel weapons, in everything, and if u are veeeeeeeeeery lucky you can outturn someone in the big red furball of nowhere...and u get this nonsense childish button " rank does not matter "... they have a significant prob with MM and the tried to solve it with such medals ...lol.. sorry, wrong way.. don t play the cardboxes called tanks any longer... so can t judge, in former times it was much better.. more balanced..

Edited by Shootandmiss
medal

On 9/3/2017 at 10:29 AM, Rokrar said:

Rank doesn't matter indeed........b.r. is what matters =)

What is the purpose of RANKS - in addition to using this to divide the tanks into groups? Why not categorizing the vehicles in BR ratings.. Why having this additional factor (Rank) without any value ? 

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SollyBam said:

What is the purpose of RANKS - in addition to using this to divide the tanks into groups? Why not categorizing the vehicles in BR ratings.. Why having this additional factor (Rank) without any value ? 

Relic of times past

Does serve a purpose I suppose for research and challenge reasons. 

A challenge saying do something in  4.3 br  could be annoying for a brit tanker as they don't have a 4.3 lineup but 4.0 and 4.7

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i always appreciate the Survivor award.  Get the most kills(at least 5) without losing a vehicle is a nice accomplishment 

Shot down a Spitfire once with a biplane (dont remember which)...was the only time i did feel i deserved the award.

The other times i got it i didnt even know i was fighting a "so" superior opponent...(perhaps it was for the better ;))

...in tank battles i dont have time to check the specific version of the target...so i am some times outmatched and i dont even know it....i keep firing at target until one of us is dead :)

...in the air i do avoid some dangerous targets (more time to think about it)...BUT other than that i dont know the ranks of many things...i think of them in terms of firepower, manouver and speed...and attack accordingly...sometimes i get the award

On 19/10/2017 at 4:31 PM, SollyBam said:

I am am not sure...but i feel the usage of different RANK vehicles will affect the MAP and MISSIONS you get...i saw a change in those when i started using some Tier II vehicles...

If i use a lineup with only TierI i go back to the same maps...if i get one (or two) TierII vehicles maps and targets change...or so it seems to me.

I've gotten the "Skills Matter" and "Rank Doesn't Matter" awards a few times in Ground forces. Usually just before being knocked out from a KV-1 that seemed like it was WWWWAAAAYYYY on the other side of the map and out of any visual range (Stalin must approve of such players). But yeah. I like those awards. 

Currently Rank doesn't matter awards are easy to get in Ground Arcade matches. Simply play SPAAs (fighters tend to have a higher BR than the tanks they face) and/or Attackers (which tend to have a lower BR than their targets). Bonus: Taking out fighters in an attacker often yields skill matters awards.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

"Balancer" should be renamed to "Matchmaking Thunder strikes again"

medal medal medal medal

Is this the award that gives you +7500 lions (with premium)?

Edited by Maki3006
medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, LuftMaus said:

i like God Mode more :V

Yeah.

Killing a Horten with the I-16 Type 5 was legit one my top War Thunder moments

medal medal medal medal