Neptune_Man

Can I download/edit Advance to the Rhine map?

I'm looking into doing some historical recreations on the map, Advance to the Rhine, with ground forces. Is there any way that I could download this map and play with it outside the ground forces boundaries? Or is there any way I could edit this map to accommodate my needs?

I have not messed with the CDk or any other User Mission maps, so I dont know if any exist or if editing this map is possible.

Much appreciated for any help or support.

medal medal medal medal medal

What do you mean by this? Do you mean you want to play it without the restrictions of multiplayer (having to cap zones and tickets going down) or do you mean you want the map boundaries removed so you can leave the battle area?

Sorry, late reply.

Yah I want to play outside the boundaries, and also play like a custom mission. I'm trying to reenact a historical scene, and the scenery is all correctly placed, but the map boundaries are kinda in the way. And by boundaries, I mean for ground forces. I'd like to roam a larger portion of the map for better angles and positions. The tank mines that form the Ground Forces barrier is in my way at the moment.

Edited by Neptune_Man

On 25-2-2017 at 7:47 PM, Neptune_Man said:

Sorry, late reply.

Yah I want to play outside the boundaries, and also play like a custom mission. I'm trying to reenact a historical scene, and the scenery is all correctly placed, but the map boundaries are kinda in the way. And by boundaries, I mean for ground forces. I'd like to roam a larger portion of the map for better angles and positions. The tank mines that form the Ground Forces barrier is in my way at the moment.

It is unfortunately impossible in Custom Battles, as custom locations aren't yet supported in multiplayer. You can however do it in a usermission. Check here: http://live.warthunder.com/post/450547/en/

I'm not too surprised. It was worth a stab though. Thanks for your help, I 'll work with the material I've got :)