Ouiche

Update 16.02.2017 ( 1.65.1.204)

shot%202016_fa46b1567b2e0830e4a4b16cbca6

• A bug where 3D decorations became covered in mud faster than other parts of any given ground vehicle has been fixed. Bug Report.
  • A bug where the engine sound in cockpit view went silent after an airfield repair, has been fixed. Bug Report
  • A bug where knocked-out crew members in a ground vehicle were displayed incorrectly in “hit cam” view has been fixed. Bug Report.
  • A bug in server-side replays where the repair sound was randomly triggered, has been fixed. Bug Report.
  • Water visuals have been improved.
  • Tracer visuals have been improved for all guns of all vehicles. They also now reflect in water.
  • The belt filling for the coaxial and AA 7.62mm-7.92mm MGs has been changed: now the belt contains ½ to ⅓ of the tracer or AP-T rounds.
  • Universal belt filling for the ShKAS MG has been updated - the round with the T46 bullet has been removed, and the tracer belt round with the B32 bullet has been added.
  • The belt filling for the Browning 7.7mm has been updated: The tracer belt now consists of T and AP-I ammo     in the ratio of 1 to 1, and the stealth belt now has 2 AP-I and 1 I round.
  • Client stability has been improved.

Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users. If applicable, PS4 Users will receive the update as soon as possible.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 4

why were these changed?-

The belt filling for the coaxial and AA 7.62mm-7.92mm MGs has been changed: now the belt contains ½ to ⅓ of the tracer or AP-T rounds.

Universal belt filling for the ShKAS MG has been updated - the round with the T46 bullet has been removed, and the tracer belt round with the B32 bullet has been added.

The belt filling for the Browning 7.7mm has been updated: The tracer belt now consists of T and AP-I ammo     in the ratio of 1 to 1, and the stealth belt now has 2 AP-I and 1 I round.

• Upvote 1

Overall the changes are appreciated but changing graphics setting without even asking the user and/or giving him the option to decide for himself is bad!

It took me quite a bit to get the best (for ME - the owner/user of this pc) out of my hardware and now I am back to square one as my settings have been optimized.

I do not consider this good politics at all and Gaijin should rethink their approach to it.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Ouiche said:

A bug where the engine sound in cockpit view went silent after an airfield repair, has been fixed

Could we please get rid of engine sounds other than your own when in cockpit view? Would help extremely in Sim

I think it's very good you link the relevant bug reports, although the MG belts are missing sources

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, donardson said:

Overall the changes are appreciated but changing graphics setting without even asking the user and/or giving him the option to decide for himself is bad!

It took me quite a bit to get the best (for ME - the owner/user of this pc) out of my hardware and now I am back to square one as my settings have been optimized.

I do not consider this good politics at all and Gaijin should rethink their approach to it.

It's surprising, usually the game do not overwrite your graphical settings. For the future, if you want to keep your settings intact : copy the config.blk file from the War Thunder folder and save it somewhere. If your settings get reset, past the file in the War Thunder folder and it should* restore your graphical settings.

*results may vary

• Upvote 3

Its always great to see bug fixes and game improvement, please take a look at this: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/347486-invisible-tanks/

And despite of the fact that I trully appreciate all the hard work done here, that particular issue in my opinion is by far more important.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ComWittman said:

Its always great to see bug fixes and game improvement, please take a look at this: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/347486-invisible-tanks/

And despite of the fact that I trully appreciate all the hard work done here, that particular issue in my opinion is by far more important.

We are aware of the issue, and the developers are working to fix it – As far as i know, the bug is very be very complicated to replicate and it's slowing down the resolution process. Don't hesitate to make a bug report if you encounter such situation, the tech mods will add your data and files to the existing bug report. Some bug reports from players helped us a lot to fix tricky problem, it's not a waste of time.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, donardson said:

are you using a external HDD?

i had a similar problem with the control layout, my config file was located on the external hdd, when not turned on my controls switched to default.

Hull break mechanics created new exploit, where players can kill lightly armored vehicles simply by crashing plane into ground near it. Majority of anti-aircraft vehicles became completely useless in their intended role because of that. Even if they succeed in killing incoming plane, the're likely to be killed by a crashing wreck. And since kill by crash still gives full kill credit, players are now using this method deliberately.

It's especially big issue in arcade, where planes are free killstreak, and playertags allow them to handpick vehicles that die from hullbreak.

Is this issue being adressed?

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Mr4nders0n said:

Could we please get rid of engine sounds other than your own when in cockpit view? Would help extremely in Sim

I think it's very good you link the relevant bug reports, although the MG belts are missing sources

Yes please fix this issue, in sim its not good and not feel realistic to hear any other sound than your own engine.

New tracers look awesome, but in sim mode there is too much smoke to see tracers, specialy in german planes because nose canons, its too confusing smoke prevents you to see what is going on.

Edited by KurtXXII

1 hour ago, Tenkruler said:

are you using a external HDD?

i had a similar problem with the control layout, my config file was located on the external hdd, when not turned on my controls switched to default.

Nope, after the patch got installed by the launcher, there was a splash screen telling *yadda yadda* and upon restart all was mingled and mixed. It did not happen to me alone btw - we had several cases in chat reporting the same *goes back into his corner grumbling* :B10:

10 minutes ago, LarryStooge said:

What happened to the Daily Tasks?

Could you close the game / launcher and restart it, to see if they come back? (i still have them, they're not supposed to be removed)

• Upvote 2

Have restarted game and switched between my LarryStooge and MoeStooge accounts several times.  Still no Daily Tasks.  Played one game hoping the Daily Tasks would come back after completion and still no Daily Tasks.

Edited by LarryStooge

Ouiche (Posted )

We're looking at the issue.

23 minutes ago, LarryStooge said:

Have restarted game several times and still no Daily Tasks.

The issue was identified and will get fixed in a couple of hours if everything goes well. For some reason, it seems to affect 32 bits client, while the 64 bits works fine.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, LarryStooge said:

Nice work!  I was beginning to stress - lol.

Btw, once the issue is fixed, we'll reduce the WarBonds cost of all vehicle by 100wb so - no stress for today =)

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Ouiche said:

Btw, once the issue is fixed, we'll reduce the WarBonds cost of all vehicle by 100wb so - no stress for today =)

Too bad. I had "At the Forefront" in my battle tasks list, so I would have collected at least 160 WB today, but it seems that I missed the nice opportunity.

Anyway, the month has been particularly lucky 'cause I already did 7 Mission Makers and in several days I had even 170-180 and one 190. So, despite of missing 120 WB overall, I was on my typical daily average of 160 WB. Now it's going to drop, but hopefully there won't be any problems for a vehicle+decal at the end.