DisconnecT83

Update 14.02.2017 (Server Update)

2016-01-07_00066_36f7992f5870635e367f3e0

M4A3 (105) - Screenshot submitted on Live.Warthunder.com by EdwardKalk

• Battle Rating changes.
  • Economy changes.
  • All the vehicles that have their SL costs changed, have their RP requirements for research and modifications automatically updated, same for the crew training.
  • [Ground strike] Mission on African Canyon and Desert Coast locations have new (test) logic that increases number of ground units depending on the BR. BRs 1.0-5.0 - no increase. BRs 5.0-6.7 - 6 additional ground units for each team, BRs 6.7-8.7 10 more additional units. 8.7+ - again 6 more units. The amount of added units will be corrected according to the results of the test.
  • In Air RB missions (for the BRs 3.3+) incorrectly increased  base durability has been fixed. This does not affect AB.
  • The amount of the points lost after the base is destroyed has been decreased (it used to be 10% of maximum, from now on it’s 7%). It will be implemented for all game modes.

The above mentioned changes have been implemented in order to avoid extremely short game sessions, where heavy bombers quickly destroy bases and airfields and to increase the role of the ground units, thus increasing the role of the attackers.

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 5

Br change is mostly fine but the economy changes... no change from the feedback thread?

Because you see, 10k and 12k repair cost in AB is not fine at all. Lose one plane, you're not going to get your money back if the battle is lost

Spoiler

shot 2017.02.15 00.13.55.jpgshot 2017.02.15 00.14.00.jpg

Those aren't even spaded

and this... is extreme

Spoiler

shot 2017.02.15 00.26.42.jpg

Edited by Asakaze
  • Upvote 5

And what happened with the feedback given on the economy and BR update?

The usual thing I guess...

Edited by LordMustang
  • Upvote 13

wow

so the A7M1 is now a higher BR than the M2 

that makes sooo much sense ........................................

the A7M1 really doesnt deserve all those uptiers

• Upvote 2

coelian instead of kugelblitz now?

both tanks were only prototypes.... coelian was just produced as a wooden model..... kugelblitz was at least produced 5 times.... so why place a "woodtank"-prototype before a tank that was really build!!!??? *cries in german*

• Upvote 2

First Mistake:

Hs 129 B-2 - BR 3.3

Hs 129 B-2 "Romanian" - BR 3.7

2 minutes ago, EscalatoR said:

coelian instead of kugelblitz now?

both tanks were only prototypes.... coelian was just produced as a wooden model..... kugelblitz was at least produced 5 times.... so why place a "woodtank"-prototype before a tank that was really build!!!??? *cries in german*

Because the Kugelblitz is better than the Coelian. (Better SPAA and TD)

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Asakaze said:

snip

look at RB repair costs lol they are even higher for some planes going over 40k 

5 minutes ago, EscalatoR said:

its to balance out those two because the kugel is overall the better SPAAG in the current meta and should be tiered higher 

11 minutes ago, LordMustang said:

And what happened with the feedback given on the economy update?

apparently not much

RIP 22 pages of feedback

Tanks with horrible br like 76 jumbo at 6.0 or the super Pershing at 6.7 remain unchanged:facepalm:

Still good update, the panther II is 7.0 now and the jumbo 75 at 4.7 and the T32 at 7.0

• Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, Asakaze said:

Hide contents

and this... is extreme

shot 2017.02.15 00.26.42.jpg

did you know about the Me262a1a is getting almost 30k repair cost??? and almost the entire japan air tree is overbuffed in repair costs with some of them going over 20k??

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, LordMustang said:

And what happened with the feedback given on the economy update?

I was told "we had all weekend to give feedback" in ingame chat, when I complained about the short time period before changes went live.

edit: snipped some salt out of here.

-------

edit: P1Y1 appears to not have the 14k stock repair cost in RB anymore - it's now 8830 lions (11k spaded). I suggested 8k myself for a more suitable repair cost in the feedback thread, so dunno if error or they took some feedback into account?

It'd be a good idea to post an updated changelist if changes have been made to the original.

Edited by tizianenel

Good changes overall! I'm proud of you, Gaijin, finally taking steps in the right direction! Only things that irk me are the change in price for the P-38L (another 40,000 silver lions on my way to tier 5) and the F2H-2's BR remaining at 8.0. It can't compete vs. MiG-17's. But other than that, this and the new hull break mechanic are really soothing some frustrated nerves for me. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

any SB BR changes after all?

• Upvote 1

So after a lot of feedback from the community on the planned changes in the BR and the economy nothing will change? I have no words. I am very disappointed again :facepalm:

• Upvote 17

Hi,

I just would like to know if anything was changed after submitting our feedback?
I mean my was positive overall but some other people had good arguments.

Following rant is for air RB
In Air RB missions (for the BRs 3.3 ) erroneously increased toughness of the bases has been fixed. This does not affect AB mode.
Amount of the points that is being lost after the base is destroyed has been decreased (it used to be 10% of maximum, from now on it’s 7%). It will be implemented for all game modes.

The above mentioned changes have been implemented in order to avoid extremely short game sessions, where heavy bombers quickly destroy bases and airfields and to increase the role of the ground units, thus increasing the role of the attackers.

erm..
NO !
IT DOESN'T

because apart from the Tu-4, hardly any heavy bombers ever had any significant effect ont he game since the 4 bomber max per team limit was introduced

the role of the attackers has not changed one bit with them still being almost equally useless on a lot of maps since they are filled with ground units that are hard or impossible to destroy with machineguns and cannons (like heavy tanks and pillboxes and destroyers) so the attacker (like the Il-2 for example) has a crappy bombload a couple of rockets and can then get 2 or 3 targets that actually take down the ticket counter and then needs to make a 50km round trip back to the airfield and back to the front to get 2 or 3 targets again....basically wasting half an hour to have a miniscule effect on the game providing they don't get shot down, they could always just kill AA and artillery and armored cars etc. but those don't count towards the tickets

and good thing we have the ground targets appearing so you can end games faster, but with that a fighter will be just as effective at killing the trucks, but will get there faster

if anything this update with the increased bombloads needed to destroy bases, increased repair costs and bases being worth even less points have made heavy bombers even more obsolete, the changes will have no impact on attackers (of which many have also been obsolete for quite a while) either. The only thing this does is solidify the fact that it's not worth playing anything other than a fighter in air RB as they are much more useful than any other class

at least the attackers have their uses in ground forces, but heavy bombers are pretty much dead

I agree there needed to be a change in bomber mechanics, but not this, this stops only the Tu-4s ending games fast, nothing else.

And now we get to the economy changes...geez

so the whole we look forward to your replies and we read them carefully thing, what happened to that ' most of the comments were negative, the entire changes follow no logic except probably some secret algorhitm gaijin uses to calculate prices....

These changes are a as agreed by almost everyone in that thread to be unfair and quite simply just a mess, planes having horrific repair costs for no good reason while other planes of the same rank and BR have repair costs that are lower by multiple tens of thousands of silver lions

WHY ? what kind of genius logic lies behind these decisions, balancing ? don't we have BR for that ? I don't get it

this is just a random mess of inconsistencies without any apparent logic or pattern and is certainly among THE WORST economy changes ever made to this game....

great example of these wonderfully thought out economy changes:

http://cdn-live.warthunder.com/uploads/91/46d09460538385aa13c819b37e8e44670b78d7_mq/shot+2017.02.14+18.07.27.jpg

Also how come no RP adjustments for rebalanced vehicles

also so much for these feedback threads having any effect...right?

Edited by Jinxz
  • Upvote 11

ki 84 6.3 / kikka 6.0

yak15P 6.0 / yak15 6.3

we will have jets against 4.7 br players...

m36 5.7 / super hellcat 6.3

i really have no words for this... PLS THINK BEFORE YOU CHANGE! this doesnt make any sense at all!

• Upvote 1

what about feedback thread ?
you made changes ok but why only for specific nations ?
I can talk only about AB because I play RB only from time to time

ASU-85 at 6.3 ? but what about M56 ? this one is somehow much better than ASU in AB ?
IS-2 m44 and Tiger 2 P at 6.3 but what about M26E1 ? aphe with lowest penetration, worst armor, only mobility is better but have higher br ?
ST-Ax both at 6.3 but M46 at 7.0 instead of 6.7?
Type 61 at 7.0 but M47 is 7.7 and not 7.3 ?
Why super hellcat have higher br than T25 in AB ? reload and armor is worse than in T25
many changes between 4.7-6.0 but M4xx with 76mm untouched ?
and planes F7F-1 or F7F-3 are worse than F8F-1B but have higher br ?  (6.3 is max for them, why they are only piston engines planes at 6.7 ? in AB)
I really don't understand this policy... why US have so many overtiered tanks/planes ? :dntknw:

• Upvote 10

I'm highly certain whatever they had planned previously were up for a long while for us to give feedback on. The BR changes have been up for well over a week for us to look over, as well as economic changes. Why complain now?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, KoreanYun said:

I'm highly certain whatever they had planned previously were up for a long while for us to give feedback on. The BR changes have been up for well over a week for us to look over, as well as economic changes. Why complain now?

Check the time that was posted... 'well over a week', lol.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, ganJ said:

ASU-85 at 6.3 ? but what about M56 ? this one is somehow much better than ASU in AB ?

to be fair the M56 is faster and has at least a pseudo turret 

14 minutes ago, KoreanYun said:

if you open a feedback thread and tell people it will take some time to review that feedback (in said feedback thread)  people will expect that their feedback is actually considered which didnt happen here at all

• Upvote 10

36 minutes ago, tizianenel said:

I was told "we had all weekend to give feedback" in ingame chat, when I complained about the short time period before changes went live.

1) Dev making changes probably has weekends off

2) Dev making changes doesn't necessarily even visit international forum

3) There certainly wasn't enough time to collect feedback, compile it into a tidy form and translate into russian

and

4) Certainly not enough time for devs to actually think about the feedback.

You are wrong, The feeback has been gathered, sumamrized and passed to the devs