Stona

Feedback thread for economy changes. February 2017

How come the Canberra B mk2 now costs 25 621 sl to repair i arcade???This must be a mistake..The table presenting the changes is not near this amount. If this is real, there is no point in using the Canberra anymore

• Upvote 1
medal medal

What weight did the developers give to the probability of paying the repair cost in making decisions on repair costs and the decision to reduce rewards from base bombing? 

Bombers do not appear to survive matches often.  They will need to pay the repair cost with a high probability, while some fighters such as Spitfires in Hokkaido, appear to avoid repairs more often.  

A change to an aircraft/tank repair cost that is frequently avoided has no impact on results.  Changing values on an aircraft/tank that is consistently incurred has a major impact on players.

A table of typical SL earnings and typical incurred (destroyed) repair costs and net earnings would be fascinating.

The price for the Me-262 A1a is insane. 37210 SL that's way to much. Its not the R2Y2. If you don't have the A2a that's the only 262 you can use because the 8br models just get stuck with 9 br jets everytime. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

*Checks table under RB* Yep. The Ki-84 Ko looks like it's still the most expensive prop plane in the game to repair, has now had it's BR increased so it fights even more aircraft that outperform it in the hands of the average player. So, still not taking that out any time in the future.

medal medal medal

Gaijin why the repair cost of Hunter is almost 50k? This isn`t specified in the table you provided.

Also please reconsider the R2Y rep prices specially for V2 and V1 and other Japanese planes like the Ki84

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

I think that most people play bombers to earn large amounts of SL and RP to unlock newer aircraft. (my self included)

In my honest opinion, most bombers struggle to even reach the bombing points, and on some maps, (Norway)  it is almost impossible to reach the bombing points when 3 or 4 fighters are waiting in front of those bases. Most fighters when they see bombers will tunnel vision on that bomber and they see an easy kill and deny that bomber the chance to earn a profit in that game. Decreasing the reward and increasing the repair cost would make bombers unplayable and by doing so, some players will loose their major source of income.

In my personal opinion, I believe that the new economy changes was a over-complicated nerf in disguise towards a class of vehicle that has a hard time defending its self and is used as a major source of profit to some players.

All I ask from the developers is to reduce the repair cost of bombers back to what they were before. (also, are we going to see the Grand Slam bomb for the Lancaster?)

Edited by _Airwolf7
repettive info
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

all this is going to do is make vehicles hanger queens because they will be too expensive to fly or drive. this needs to be undone

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sereck said:

<scratches head>

XP-38 has higher repair cost in RB than non-premium P-38...

And TA-154 (tier 3) has higher repair cost than D-13...?

I thought if you buy premium vehicle one of the perks is low repair cost.

Never heard that before - you get more SL and RP

Are you trying to drive us away from your game with all this Silver Lion xxxx? Even with premium it's hard to earn enough sl to stay in the positive after a couple of unlucky battles. Losing a top tier AA in AB cost 20k SL!?

Gaijin, I love the gameplay in War Thunder with all the details and historical additions. But I have tried to introduce the game to five friends up through the year and every one has stopped playing after a week due to the grind, but mostly due to the fact that, as a beginner, it is way to hard to earn enough Silver Lions to continue to play. They all got hit with a wall of economic obstacles that, even with premium, was annoyingly hard to climb over. Three of my friends ended up with having to wait for hours for their tanks to repair due to not having enough Silver Lions for repair nor newly unlocked tanks. Two of them paid for premium time to try the game.

Even my friends who introduced me to the game are playing less due to the absurd cost of planes like the Hunter F 1, the favorite plane of one of them. And if they go, I have to go too.

Please stop this absurd grinding nonsense. I want to play your game.

• Upvote 2
medal

Why did u lover cost on anything u should double all repair cost or triple it make it 500% higher and nerf RP reward 700% !

But this this new higher repair costs don't matter that much but still i like to see them try triple them and lover Rp as much as u can than they will have to buy premium planes and premium acc :)

medal medal

There is no excuse nor explanation for 262 A1a to get a nearly 50% rise in RB rep costs, to now about 30.000 SL

except to make its Pilots lives miserable...

• Upvote 1

I think it's not a great ide to reduce the points won by base destroyed or damaged. You destroy the bomber's gameplay for just one of these, the TU-4. So please, don't touch of rewards by base damaged/ destroy, you do any damaged by increase health points of each base.

• Upvote 2

My Tu-4's repair cost now becomes 22,244 SL in AB, 20,080 SL in RB, 19,289 SL in SB,

Is that normal ?

The AB repair cost in table is 3,700 SL, even my Tu-4 is fully upgraped, still can't make sense that the AB repair cost of mine is way so high.

Thanks.

medal medal medal medal

I'f I read this right the Hunter was meant to come down in max repair cost... mine just went through the roof.

All of the costs below are as stock with the exception of the hunter which has received minimal upgrades but is nowhere remotely close to being spaded.

UK:

Hunter = 45,239                < More than 3 times the next closest outwitht he Brit tree - Should be max 25,880 down 1580 from 27,460

Meteor mk8 = 30,000        < More than twice the next closest outwith the Brit tree - should be max 16,000 down 7590 from 23,590

USA:

F-86A-5 = 8440

F-86F-25 = 9330

F-86F-40 = 13,550

F9F-2 = 10,000

F9F-5 = 11,500

F9F-8 = 10,040

Germany:

CL-13 = 9220

MiG-15 Bis (German) = 10,440

Russia:

MiG-15 = 9070

MiG-15 Bis = 10,640

MiG-17 = 12,220

Japan:

F-86F-30 = 10,500

The current repair costs fro 9.0 Brit jets are, as I am seeing in game, at best obscene when compared with literally every other 9.0 jet. they are also massivly higher than indicated on the breakdown on page 1 of this thread.

• Upvote 1

Just checked ingame and ...

Mig 15, top Russian T5 jet plane with a Battle rating of 9.0, with a repair in RB of : 9070

KI84 Ko Japanese propeller plane in early T4, battle rating of 5.3  : repair cost in RB of 35984..

Is that a joke ?

medal medal medal medal

Can we have the details for the change for the repair cost increase once module are researched?

I noticed in SB my german Mig15Bis went from 17k Lions to 38k Lions after the change..... This mean i need to kill 8 planes to pay back for the jet 

Will there be any increase to the Golden eagle to RP and SL exchange rate? Considering how the RP and SL cost was increased for a lot of vehicles..

medal

well its clearly a bomber nerf. I had been using the TU4 now and then to try and unlock the russian 5th tier. i just hope the 23mm lasers kill enough hunters to progress. The grind is so long and the tier 5 game play seems so uninspiring I don't think I'll try and unlock much of tier 5 anything.

• Upvote 2

British aircraft are way too expensive. I know they are doing quite well in air RB, but generally speaking all RAF aircraft capable to do close air support are at least 10000 repair cost, may it be Wyvern, Lancaster, Sea Fury, Tempest or Canberra. Especially when they are almost guaranteed to be shot down by SPAA. It is already hard to make profit in British Tier 4 ground vehicle due to expensive APDS shots, now either not spawn in aircraft at all or lose some thousand credits per round. 

Also, it would be nice if ground RB and air RB had different repair cost. British ground forces generally have one of the worst anti-air capability, almost half the firepower compared to all other nations and at the same time, don't have the enough ammo count to effectively fulfill their role, not mentioning the lack of top tier SPAA. And currently due to the high repair cost, Britain will lose its air superiority as well.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well,

I don't think that it's a proper act to increase most vehicles in early tier 5 because the repair cost now is leading to a phenomenon that if you got killed in a battle and lose,you gonna have a great loss on SL and income little RP. Trust me that's going to reduce the interest of a number of players and even make them go afk which is some kind of common situation.:(

Thanks.

medal medal

I wonder what data is used to calculate the changes.

Lucked out as I just unlocked the MiG-9, would have saved me an hour of grind.

But in luck with a few others. :)

On 15.02.2017 at 6:41 AM, Josephs_Piano said:

Never heard that before - you get more SL and RP

It was always a thing. Read the comparison below and you should see a pattern:

Premium Spit LF mk. 9 repair cost is 10 240 in RB.

Regular spit in UK tree is now 25 920 (!) in RB

Premium Wunderbolt 3 320

Regular Thunderbolt 4 480 (not spaded yet)

A6M2 in USA and Japan line seem to have similar repair prices.

USA BF 109 F4 - 5600

Regular BF 109 - 5213

Prem USSR 190 D9 - 7410

Regular Dora 9 - 12 260 (stock)

Prem Tempest mk V - 8120

Regular Tempest - 14220 (almost stock)

Premium plane always was and should be cheaper to repair than normal plane, it has more free-repairs and has higher SL/RP boost.

The increase in hunter price is unfair. It's fine for the players that ahev had it for ages and can afford it, they are the ones making it OP. Us new hunter players are balanced, and we can't afford that upgarde cost. You should make repair costs proportional to the number of upgrades. Please.

17 hours ago, Sereck said:

It was always a thing. Read the comparison below and you should see a pattern:

Premium Spit LF mk. 9 repair cost is 10 240 in RB.

Regular spit in UK tree is now 25 920 (!) in RB

Premium Wunderbolt 3 320

Regular Thunderbolt 4 480 (not spaded yet)

A6M2 in USA and Japan line seem to have similar repair prices.

USA BF 109 F4 - 5600

Regular BF 109 - 5213

Prem USSR 190 D9 - 7410

Regular Dora 9 - 12 260 (stock)

Prem Tempest mk V - 8120

Regular Tempest - 14220 (almost stock)

Premium plane always was and should be cheaper to repair than normal plane, it has more free-repairs and has higher SL/RP boost.

Meanwhile ...

Japan premium  FW 190 A5  gets 3120 SL repair in AB, 

German FW 190 A5 is 2127 SL ... and the German one gets the possibility to load rockets unlike the premium version 

Japan premium B17 cost 2900 SL vs 2776 SL for the US one if i calculated correctly ,  premium one does not get the protective vests upgrade nor the biggest bomb load of 2x 2000lb ...

Japan M24 tank on regular tree cost 1765 SL in AB, same tank in the US tree cost 1336 SL to repair, same BR of 3.7, RP earnings for Japan 142 % vs 136% in US, SL earning 100% for japan vs 110% for USA ...

Japan M41A1 cost 3244 SL stock, US one stock cost 2620 SL stock for repair... same BR , 178% RP earning for Japan vs 172% for US, 100% SL earnings for both.

M42 duster, Japan 17220 SL for repair when stock, 12850 SL for USA repair stock, same BR, with Japan it is only tier 4 vs tier 5 for US, RP earning 190% for both, SL earnings 140% for Japan vs 130% for USA ...

And list goes on ... Isn't this funny ? This not make any sense to me ...

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal