Stona

Feedback thread for economy changes. February 2017

108 posts in this topic

Dear players!

Soon, we are going to introduce planned changes regarding the Battle Ratings and the economy of ground vehicles and aircraft. We have already gathered a great amount of information regarding BRs (We appreciate all your feedback, thanks!). Now it's time for the economy. The economy changes should be implemented really soon™, but there is no problem in adjusting the changes if, in your opinion (supported with good arguments) there is something that should be adjusted a little more (or less). We are waiting for opinions in this feedback topic.

Other changes:                    

• Cost of the flyout in SB has been reduced by 30%                    
  • Reward for damaging enemy bases has been reduced by 10% for ranks 1-3 and by 15% for ranks 4-5 in all modes                                   
  • Reward for destroying enemy bases has been reduced by 10% for ranks 1-3 and by 15% for ranks 4-5 in all modes    
  • RP requirements changes

Wait, why reduce the reward of base bombing? That was a decent way to do something with bombers in the game. Although I guess maybe it'd make sense for things like the game-ender TU-4 nonsense.

I see too many cost increases but not many cost decreases. Russian tanks' repairs are still incredibly cheap (T-34-85 costs 1600 SL in AB while the Comet I was increased to 2980 and the Tiger H1 was only decreased to 3100). Kugelblitz still costs 17k SL to repair despite the meager cost decrease of 320 SL. Japanese planes are still incredibly expensive to fly in RB. All in all the changes seem irrelevant, to be honest.

Please, reduce the HEAT-FS price for the T-54 1951 and M103. These tanks rely on those shells to be effective. 1400 SL per shot is ridiculous if you compare it to way better tanks like the Leopard or M60 that get HEAT for 1200 SL per shot. Also, please consider reducing T-54 3BM8 APDS, since it's also 1400 SL.

I just want to state there is a portion of your audience that this has no tangible effect on balance with; Myself included.    I have never once in all my WT play thought; "I'm not going to spawn this as its repair cost is too high."      I either make lions in a mode or play another mode to make up for the difference.  

It might be effective in modes with single vehicle spawns; however, in multiple spawns it is too obfuscated and watered down with multiple spawns to make a difference in my play directly because of repair costs.

I can't be the only one...

What is with the 262 now costing three times as much to repair than the Canadian Sabre? Its getting a bit silly in how they determine effectivness.

Some nice changes, especially to Japan but in my opinion it hasn't gone far enough. Japan will still have much higher repair costs for many of their planes compared to other nations and now that the Japanese planes are much more balanced I don't see why they have not been brought to parity.

Also, I would love to see the cost of high-tier shells reduced (HEAT-FS at 8.0, for example). Currently having to spend 1200-1400 Lions per shell can mean it is impossible to make a profit from a match.

Will there be a economy change for RP economy too?

Caernarvon is missing from the list. It was the only tank I wanted to see if there was a price change.

Not much to say about the rest. Overall, it's a small improvement. :good:

Hi,

All in all I don't feel like early British jets should get their repair cost so significantly up. Especially when they are all slower than potential jet competition.

Yak15 gets less and is quite fast.

almost >9k SL repair in AB for spaded J7W, now Kikka as well? :facepalm:
I don't agree with that at all. In my opinion 6k repair is already pretty high for AB and losing both of those in battle would really result in a loss
It doesn't help that japanese planes are seemingly fragile and burn so easily despite even having co2 extinguishers in late war fighters like the J7W and A6M5

Edited by Asakaze

Speaking for AB : 

Just looked quickly and again surprised to see the treatment received by the P1Y1 mod 11 in the Japanese tree, a dive bomber not even able to dive bomb since it's release, having 2x 500Kg or 1x 800Kg load at a ridiculous BR of 4.7 in AB, bad defensive armament unable to even open fire on most things approaching it due to limited arc of fire, already cost more than many planes at rank 4 with a repair price of 4944 SL once fully upgraded, and yet it sees his repair costs going up while this thing can barely make any cash or RP in battles before all heavy loaded bombers having tons and tons of bombs one shoot everything on the map ?

Took me 94 battles to spade it ( no premium ) due to poor RP income you can get at the BR it is placed rendering it simply useless as bomber ... a thing like the Pe-2-205 have more or less the same load possible ( in fact it have better 500Kg bombs ) , offensive armament, good defensive armament able to set planes a fire in a blink,  rockets possible to be equipped that are nice against other bombers, and it can do dive bombing as not bugged like the P1Y1, yet it seats at BR 3.7 only when the P1y1 is at 4.7 and now sees his repair costs getting increased.

How can this poor thing get higher repair prices than top tier 5 US jets or TU4's when it brings so few RP and SL each matches at the ridiculous BR it gets please ?? 

Not that i ever had problem with silver lions and i have more than 50M of them stored but i just don't understand the treatment received for this plane, same questions for the Ki-49's having 800Kg max for load and getting buy prices increased when they are at BR's where they can not do any damages to the ground before all heavy loaded bombers (and for some ranked even lower) get tons and tons of bombs wiping the ground before those planes can do something ... yet they see them buy prices increased ... I don't see any logical reasons for those prices changes, nor for the current BR's of those planes.

Edited by Kanay

R2Y2's are all still too expensive in RB (the most expensive planes in game by far, even though V3 is getting reduced by 21k lions, more than 95% of planes in game cost to begin with!!), and now the V3 is going to be cheaper than V2.

P1Y1 needs a reduction in BR, a bugfix to its divebombing and a reduction in RB repair cost - 14k for a 2x500kg bombload bomber is far far too much (it was highest cost bomber in game, now tied with B-29 and 2k lower than Tu-4), especially considering it doesn't have pilot controlled weapons to add to its income potential. The 2x500kg bombload is barely better (more versatile) than the B7A2 that precedes it (that one only gets access to 1x800kg, like the P1Y1 also does) but in performance the B7A2 is far more able to defend itself, plus has cannons for pilot. The defensive gunners of P1Y1 have a blind spot directly behind the plane and don't have much of a firing arc elsewhere either. A good repair cost might be around 8k lions, which puts it in similar place as the Brigand who still has advantage of pilot controlled weapons.

50% increase to A6M5 otsu repair cost is too much, a 17k stock repair is far too much for a rank3 plane.

J2M5 repair cost reduction is a good thing and appears to be indicative of it performing worse than the J2M3 whose price was similar to J2M5 before and they shared BR... but you're also going to increase the J2M5 BR now. Mixed signals being sent with repair reduction but BR increase, statistics haven't been collected with new BR.

---

Japan now has 7 planes with a stock repair cost above 20k.

Britain has 4, USSR has 0, Germany has 1 and USA has 0.

Japan now has 22 planes with stock repair cost above 10k.

Britain has 27, USSR has 21, Germany has 19 and USA has 14.

Japan has the least planes in total yet seems to have a lions share of the ones that are expensive to repair.

I may considering checking average repair costs per rank and type of plane later, but for now this quick check should be enough to raise suspicion.

I was looking at SB pricing. One thing strikes me as very odd:  Fw 190 A-5/U12 is much more expensive than FW-190A-5/U2 now, which is strange because functionally speaking they're very similar aircraft.

Although, while blanket 30% reduction in flyout cost in SB (I assume this is for EC mode) is welcome, the rewards could stand to be a little bit higher. Very often for a hour+ of flying with a premium aircraft in tier 3, with a number of kills and some shot-downs as well, you get something like 50K SL net. Pilots who struggle to break even in terms of kills versus losses do considerably worse, and statistically (especially with issues regarding kill crediting which we have especially in SB) pilots will have a less than 1:1 K/D (AAA, crashes, not being credited for kills, so on).

So it looks like a rather unrewarding game mode.

I don't mind most of the changes, but I gotta say, repair cost of some Japanese planes seems way too high.

For example: Ki-84 hei and Ki-84 ko are at over 20k sl rep cost in RB while comparable planes (high tier spitfires, Fw's, Ta, etc.) are somewhere between 10-15k sl. Is this related to their reqard gain or something? Because it just seems oddly high.

Though the most obvious example would be the R2Y2 KAI V2: 50k repair cost in RB? I believe that is the highest repair cost of any vehicle in the game, and it seems entirely overkill, since it's a mediocre plane at best.

But like I said, other than some of the oddly high costs in Japanese tree I don't really have any issues with this.

fast look at the stuff and nothing too big... untill

Ki-61-I Hei

yet again it looks like the completely wrong direction to me personally.

The plane is just a copy of Ki-61-I Otsu with 2 cannons and 2 BRs higher. and if that wasnt bad enough it its now going to get one thing it has removed aka the relatively cheap repair cost.

So why would i play this plane when Ki-61-II is at the same BR with better performance and proposed 5k cheaper repairs?

Can someone explain me repair cost of Mustang Mk.1A in arcade? Why it costs more than a double of what other fighters of same tier and comparable BR and kill ratio (including premiums) cost to repair, and more than tripple of what identical in perfomance and of very close in K/D P-51 costs?

Ah, yes, "we have system for that". If there's system, there's consistency, it's pretty visible for other planes, only this one sticks out like a sore thumb. Even jets have lower repair cost. Only 4.0 plane that comes even close is premium La-7, which is T4 and still much cheaper.

Spitfires received higher BR and now You rise their repair cost too, when some planes with BR lowered (for example Fw190 D-12) receive also lowered prices. No logic for me in that.

You will increase the repaire cost of Panzerwerfer (SB). Will be also fix (still missing anther 10 rockets for reload)?

Would have preferred to see a drastic change to the in game economy - in order to make Realistic Battles (both Air and GF) more appealing to a larger player base. Now I get that premium gives a bonus (to Sliver Lions/Research Points), however, the higher up you move through the Ranks - the more difficult it becomes to play RB from a pure F2P perspective. And I get that the players "skill" makes a difference. but the issue still remains - lack of a sufficient enough player base. The fact of the matter is there aren't enough people playing Realistic Battles. And I fully believe that the repair/re-arm cost keeps the majority of players away from said game mode. Bottom line is I believe something needs to be done to the current in game economy in order to promote a fun and rewarding experience for all players.

PS.,

I know I'm in the minority here. And I sure expect to see a lot of negative comments to what I suggested, but nevertheless, I feel as though my comment (and criticism) here is valid and should be published for both Gaijin and the player base to see.

Thank you for your time. Fly Safe :) 

gaijin why you keeping nerfing rp even more?? we want higher rp rewards ,grind is already at its worst. comparatively i'm okay with repair cost increases, but this is very bad move. i can't even type here,how annoyed i'm and many other players are right now.  i hope you guys revert the rp nerfs,even the one that done during increase in modification rp increase.:facepalm::crying:

edit- thx for answering, you should write that silver lion Reward for damaging enemy bases has been reduced by 10% for ranks 1-3 and by 15% for ranks 4-5 in all modes  

Edited by Quasimodo91

Senio (Posted )

These changes affect only SL rewards, RP income remains untouched