Leopard 2-AV quick response to T-64  

739 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Leopard 2AV in the game ?

• Yes, more in the near future
    • no, are you crazy
    • Neither of the two questions
  2. 2. Which weapon would you like to see in leopard 2AV?

• 105mm cannon Royal Ordnance L7A3
    • 120mm cannon L / 44 Rheinmetall smoothbore
    • Both versions would be good
    • you're still crazy
  3. 3. Which battle rating would you like to see Leopard 2AV?

1 hour ago, *Arkel-99 said:

When and if Gaijin decides to add more modern/powerful MBTs I would much rather see a Leopard 2 variant in the game like this then some prototype like the KPz 70 (MBT-70).

KPz 70 could be a nice addition on the way to the higher tier modern vehicles. It could also be a premium.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, *Arkel-99 said:

When and if Gaijin decides to add more modern/powerful MBTs I would much rather see a Leopard 2 variant in the game like this then some prototype like the KPz 70 (MBT-70).

Except that this Leopard 2 variant is a one-off prototype modified to fit XM1 program requirements.

• Upvote 1
medal

8 hours ago, Laviduce said:

KPz 70 could be a nice addition on the way to the higher tier modern vehicles. It could also be a premium.

The small crew of only 3 is something I don't really like about the KPz 70 though and it most likely won't become a buyable premium unless Gaijin chances their policies.

7 hours ago, Nope said:

Except that this Leopard 2 variant is a one-off prototype modified to fit XM1 program requirements.

Yeah I understand that the Leopard 2AV is a prototype too, but unlike the KPz 70 this one actually saw further improvements which eventually led to a successful tank series of it with multiple variants that actually saw service.

Edited by *Arkel-99
medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

aZ1pbfN.jpg

or just simply: bump :DD
now that gaijin is asking if we want more modern vehiecles, lets discuss it again, shall we begin? :D

Edited by dotEXCEL
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

questions on the credibility of the original suggestion and its sources aside, i think the early Leo 2 family is almost ready for inclusion in WT. not quite yet, but no longer an insane dream. the Leo 1s need to be finished off and the KPZ-70 added to segue into the Leo 2 prototypes for germany.

with the Leo 1A6 with the RH 120mm L/44 was passed to developers, there's now some level of precedent for gaijin looking into the RH 120mm- but it would still be a Leo 1A1A1 with a bigger cannon. the Leo 2AV prototype 19 with the L7A3 on the other hand would have good armor and a gun that's limited to what we have now across NATO countries.

the Leo 2AV prototype 20/21 on the other hand is basically just a Leo 2. so a big NO there for the next 2 years.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

56 minutes ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

questions on the credibility of the original suggestion and its sources aside, i think the early Leo 2 family is almost ready for inclusion in WT. not quite yet, but no longer an insane dream. the Leo 1s need to be finished off and the KPZ-70 added to segue into the Leo 2 prototypes for germany.

with the Leo 1A6 with the RH 120mm L/44 was passed to developers, there's now some level of precedent for gaijin looking into the RH 120mm- but it would still be a Leo 1A1A1 with a bigger cannon. the Leo 2AV prototype 19 with the L7A3 on the other hand would have good armor and a gun that's limited to what we have now across NATO countries.

the Leo 2AV prototype 20/21 on the other hand is basically just a Leo 2. so a big NO there for the next 2 years.

To finish off the Leopard 1s you would only need like one or two additional versions to be honest, one of them being the 1A5. As for the one between the A1A1 and the A5, I would go with either the A3 or A4, depending on how powerful the ammo would have to be to effectively deal with their counterparts.

I don't want the Kpz70 in the German tree to be honest. I would much rather prefer the Kpz Keiler. Both versions, the one with the 105mm smoothbore, and the one with the 120mm RM prototype.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

with the Leo 1A6 with the RH 120mm L/44 was passed to developers, there's now some level of precedent for gaijin looking into the RH 120mm- but it would still be a Leo 1A1A1 with a bigger cannon.

correction 1A5 with bigger gun

1 hour ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

giant steelblock, no composite armour only spaced steel. why not tho? composite was inserted into the spacegaps with version 2A4

Edited by dotEXCEL

46 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

giant steelblock, no composite armour only spaced steel. why not tho? composite was inserted into the spacegaps with version 2A4

Yet the effective armor was good enough to make the US DoD have a difficult time choosing between it and both XM1s, and the XM1's armor protection was at around 400mm RHSe according to the CIA and through some unknown standard possibly against 3BM-15 type that is more potent against composite armor than APDS.

medal

3 hours ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

To finish off the Leopard 1s you would only need like one or two additional versions to be honest, one of them being the 1A5. As for the one between the A1A1 and the A5, I would go with either the A3 or A4, depending on how powerful the ammo would have to be to effectively deal with their counterparts.

I don't want the Kpz70 in the German tree to be honest. I would much rather prefer the Kpz Keiler. Both versions, the one with the 105mm smoothbore, and the one with the 120mm RM prototype.

i think the general idea is leo 1 - 1A1A1 - 1A3A3 (combined all 1A2 and 1A3 upgrades) - 1A5. the 1A6 was always a tossup because of the RH 120mm but apparently that might make it in sooner than the A3 or A5.

2 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

correction 1A5 with bigger gun

both wikipedia and tank encyclopedia state about the 1A6: 

"A single 1A1A1 was also modified with additional armor on the turret and had the 120 mm gun as the Leopard 1A6. The project was ended in 1987, as the Leopard 2 was in widespread service at this point and the 1A5 offered a reasonable upgrade path for a fraction of the cost."

its not the non-composite body or turret that is the turnoff for me with the prototype 20- its that it's literally the Leopard 2A0 pre-series. its armor is GREAT for an all-steel design, but it also has the king of NATO cannons with the RH 120mm. i can see the Leo 1A6 in WT tomorrow because for all the punching power of the original APFSDS (DM23) round for the RH 120 L/44, its still a Leo 1. killing it isn't rocket science.

the prototype 19 is to me, the current max hard limit tank for WT, featuring the L7A3 with all ingame ammos which may include the 105mm APFSDS, as well as the incredible speed and maneuverability that define the Leo 2 family. and even then, this would be the IS-6 of 8.3. what amounts to a pre-debugged bone stock leo 2 on the other hand with the proto 20?... not yet. just not yet.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'd vote yes for it.  But, you need to add a poll option for Tier 6, at least 9.7BR

12 minutes ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

both wikipedia and tank encyclopedia state about the 1A6: 

"A single 1A1A1 was also modified with additional armor on the turret and had the 120 mm gun as the Leopard 1A6. The project was ended in 1987, as the Leopard 2 was in widespread service at this point and the 1A5 offered a reasonable upgrade path for a fraction of the cost."

both are just wiki's which gaijin does not accept as a historical source

1 hour ago, *dontask123456649 said:

Theres my little red book... oops wrong regime. I would love to see this, however, would it be before or after the kelier, or kpz-70

historical order: KPZ-70---Keiler---2AV

3 hours ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

ah right. ok then how about wikipedia sekrit tank encyclopedia dockumiyents?

F8Kk3yi.jpgDvFiqAU.jpg

da tovarish :lol2:

Edited by dotEXCEL

I don't get why people are so obsessed with the Kpz70... It make the German tree not only have more prototype tanks of this calibre than the US, it would also take all insentive to play the US at that Tier, since you get a Kpz70 in the German tree anyways. 

I say leave the Kpz70 out, and give the Germans the two Keilers instead.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal