Stona

Feedback for planned changes for Battle Ratings, February 2017

hey I actually have a little page on the Sherman 76es and there brs ... if you guys wouldn't mind reading that those are my thoughts on the brs although some of my points have been nullified by these very br changes I still think that the page is relevant here is the link

thanks for hearing me out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you fir fixing Tiger E. Whenever I put in it my lineup (other highest being the H1) i would end up battling 7.0 BR tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T29 sucks. -.-

 

WHY?

I played with an IS-2 1944 fully modified and shot the t29 in the middel of the left flank, and the 471D did not make even a critical hit. So that is why i say it is useless to remove this Shell.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is the Soviet P47 BR 2.7 in AB when US ones are already ridiculously low at 3.0 in AB please ? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 14, 2017 at 10:33 AM, shadowaffles said:


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"barely sufficient" i really hope that was a joke.

6 Crew, flash cannon and breach repair speed, decent mobility and turret traverse speed, decent reloading, HIGH post penetration effect shell, no reload or repair penalty after losing crew members, strongest turret armor of heavy tanks 6.7, decent hull, ammo that don't explode like it should, big space between crew members making it difficult to one hit kill unless the ammo rack decide to work properly.

Yeah.... its just barely sufficient to compete, Tiger 2 is WAYYY BETTER *sarcasm off*
 

Everything at 6.7 should basically go higher up to 7.7 and the br cap should also be raised to spread vehicles a lot better in the MM and finally end with the stupid br compression.

When I face T29 I kill them in one shot very frequently, they have so many weak spots it is laughable that it is even at 6.7. It's mobility is ok in straight drives but turning its a different story. When I play mine I get killed all 6 crew in one shot very frequently because other people have learned their weak spots. If you have trouble facing them then it could be a learn to play issue. I never one shot tiger 2 unless it's from the side and the ammo rack actually explodes like it should. Tiger 2 has a much better survivability rate than the T29. I rarely ever get one shot death when I drive mine because I never expose my side which is the main weak point of most every tank. So yes the t29 should stay at 6.7 or maybe a drop to 6.3, a raise to 7.0 would only hurt it even more. 

 

Played er the Panther II after the changes and it still clubs, maybe a move to tier V 7.3 will be needed for it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall great changes, the T34 all deserved to have their BR increased, the T34 85 has been sealclubbing for too long at 5.3 in RB.

 

However there's still nothing about low tier Japanese tanks. The Chi-ha, I go Ko, Ka-mi are reserve and 1.3 BR tanks, and are big piles of crap, against a BT5 or M2A4 they are far inferior in EVERY aspect.

Introducing the japanese reserve/T1 tanks should have increased the BR of every other tanks in the game. At the moment it's just unfair to play them. I would like to tie the person in charge of the BR on a chair and force him to spade one of these Japanese tanks in RB. I know it's cruel... but he would see what we have to suffer...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alfa_Whisky said:

T29 sucks. -.-

 

WHY?

I played with an IS-2 1944 fully modified and shot the t29 in the middel of the left flank, and the 471D did not make even a critical hit. So that is why i say it is useless to remove this Shell.

 

 

 

Slow firing guns are totally worthless against the T29, best thing to do is kill its crew with an 88, usually take 3 shots though, even from the side. If all you have is the back of his turret, forget about it, you'll only kill the commander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2017 at 7:59 PM, DonkeyTS said:

Yeah, but it lacks penetration and there is still the bug with the reload between the shells if your loader dies. Then you have to reload your full clip for 1 or 2 rounds.

This is a good argument , but shouldn't a bug be fixed rather than changing a vehicle BR ?

Another good argument would be how cumbersome the chi-ri is.

However the gun is perfectly fine and the autoloader makes it worse for any opponent unlucky enough to cross your path before you fired your 3 shots. an argument based around a supposed faulty chi-ri gun is a flawed one. I guess my point wasn't clear enough previously.

 

On 13/02/2017 at 8:52 PM, DubThunder said:

Isn't 5.7 for the T34-85 a bit too high? Seen it being clubbed at 6.3 by Tiger 2s. 

Personally I never had any issues with the ZiS-53 or D-5T at 5.3 and 5.0 respectively when I meet them in my 4.0-6.0 German, British and Soviet lineups. Although I play AB, so I'm not sure how justified the raise is in RB. 

the t34 85 was and will still club like there's no tomorrow, I'm not gonna pretend to shed a single tear if t34 85 players suddenly get clubbed back by tiger II, t29 and the likes.

serves them right.

On 14/02/2017 at 3:04 PM, __Reichtangle__ said:

dont think so

its fine at 6.7 with the Tiger II 

kinda funny to watch how much Tiger II players complain about the T29 when the Tiger II is equal or better in most things (but tiger is fine at 6.7 eh ;D ) 

Kinda funny to watch how much t29 players hide behind the tiger II when the t29 is superior in every single way. Also funny to see how devs thinks the panther II will have absolutely no trouble dispatching 8.0 vehicles with ease but poor t29 and tiger II clearly doesn't stand a chance against them.

It's a pleasure to see how much player feedback was taken into consideration (remember when people pointed out that you pretty much gave the same vehicle a lower BR in the russian tree than in another nation ?)

It's good to know new players will be able to experience BR compression once they reach 3.0 BR

8 hours ago, I_AM_ALLAH said:

When I face T29 I kill them in one shot very frequently, they have so many weak spots it is laughable that it is even at 6.7. It's mobility is ok in straight drives but turning its a different story. When I play mine I get killed all 6 crew in one shot very frequently because other people have learned their weak spots. If you have trouble facing them then it could be a learn to play issue. I never one shot tiger 2 unless it's from the side and the ammo rack actually explodes like it should. Tiger 2 has a much better survivability rate than the T29. I rarely ever get one shot death when I drive mine because I never expose my side which is the main weak point of most every tank. So yes the t29 should stay at 6.7 or maybe a drop to 6.3, a raise to 7.0 would only hurt it even more. 

 

Played er the Panther II after the changes and it still clubs, maybe a move to tier V 7.3 will be needed for it.

Clearly the panther II should move to 8.3 , as it has better armor than the leopard. Clearly the t29 with so many weakpoint should be moved to 5.0 or 5.3 at best. :016:

 

It's nice to finally be able to give up on any hopes of having balanced tank battles. Gaijin wants me to exploit balance issue ? Gaijin wants me to club new players and exploit ULQ ? Then so be it,i'm fed up on being always on the wrong side of balance issue. I will make my personal duty to exploit in the last few battles I will play any of the balance issue devs so kindly created.

Edited by Taiidan_Triikor
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely dont agree with Panther II at 7.0 rating , completely outmatched by t-62,T-10 , leo's and all others, was absolutely fine at 6.7.People will just skip it playing lower panthers to reach Leopard , something at least i will do for certain thus Panther II will be unplayable for long time till finally they dont bring back the BR.

Edited by ivaylo45
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IS2 1944 on 6.3 ? Goodbye German 5.7... what a bad nove... And btw plagins spitfire IX set on 5.7 Why !?!?!? You destroyed my deck !

   
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ivaylo45 said:

Absolutely dont agree with Panther II at 7.0 rating , completely outmatched by t-62,T-10 , leo's and all others, was absolutely fine at 6.7.

 

Panther 2 going to 7.0 is one of the best things to happen in WT in a long time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion it' s great that you lower the BR of Fw 190 D-12 and D-13. IMO these aircrafts were not capable of facing fast and agile jets like the Meteor and other 7.0 planes. BR increase for Griffon Spits and the Mk IX is also a great change ( maybe except the Mk 24 ), these planes were clubbing too much on their old BR.:good:

 

But why still no mercy for F-80 and Banshee? On 8.0 they meet 9.0 top jets too often, thus they work as free XP and SL every battle they fly in. Please make those planes balanced and lower their BR.

 

Greetings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ghost_Rider12 said:

 

Panther 2 going to 7.0 is one of the best things to happen in WT in a long time.

Its one of the baddest things ever. but that should everyone decide by him-/herself

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the mods check the KV-1B issue??!! I've asked about 7 times now. The KV-1B Finnish is the exact same tank as the KV-1E, which got moved to 4.0. The KV-1B is still 4.3. Same with the Hs.129 B-2. The Romanian version is still 3.7 but the standard tech tree mod is 3.3. Can you all fix those issues, please!!!???

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a few games at 6.7 i just about gave up that BR. I'm not a fan of heavy tanks. Following the Panther II in the 1960's games is pointless. I played it at that BR and it wasn't pretty.

  Panther II is the only Panther that can reverse and that's the reason it was popular. That and the 88mm gun that shouldn't have been in that tank.

     

For the Panther II to work in game, and make sense, they should change the gun to the 75mm long and bring it back to 6.7.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Taiidan_Triikor said:

snip

T29 and Tiger II both have their strengths and weaknesses 

saying one of them is "clearly superior" to the other is just plain wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jaws said:

After a few games at 6.7 i just about gave up that BR. I'm not a fan of heavy tanks. Following the Panther II in the 1960's games is pointless. I played it at that BR and it wasn't pretty.

  Panther II is the only Panther that can reverse and that's the reason it was popular. That and the 88mm gun that shouldn't have been in that tank.

     

For the Panther II to work in game, and make sense, they should change the gun to the 75mm long and bring it back to 6.7.

With that gun 6.3 instead. 6.3 MBT would be good. And a 5.3... and a 5.0 and another 4.7 because the pz IV is weak. Even with that skirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, __Reichtangle__ said:

T29 and Tiger II both have their strengths and weaknesses 

saying one of them is "clearly superior" to the other is just plain wrong 

Both the he162 and the me262 A2 have their own strengths and weaknesses. Both sit at the same br of 6.7. Yet somehow one of them is clearly superior to the other one.

 

For almost any strenght the tiger II possess , the t29 has it better (with tiger II having the upper hand in ROF)

For almost any weaknesses the t29 possess , the t29 has it better:

  • Frontal armor: Round won by t29 thanks to autobounce tracks , 200mm mantlet and lower glacis bouncing shots.
  • Side armor: Round won by t29 thanks to heavily armored turret , and autobounce tracks protecting the weak sides armor.
  • Firepower: Round won by t29 either in raw damage or raw penetration. t29 will also overmatch enemy armor more easily thanks to an higher caliber gun.
  • Acceleration: Round won by t29 by a large margin on flat ground.
  • Top speed: Round won by t29 by a small margin. t29 going at 35km/h on flat ground at best while Tiger II go at 33km/h on forward. t29 going at 13 km/h on flat ground at best while tiger II going at 11km/h in reverse.Tiger II can only goes faster than the t29 while driving down gentle slope,also thanks to his acceleration t29 will reach his top speed before the tiger II does.
  • Turning: Round won by tiger II , takes about 21 seconds for a t29 to make a 180° turn , takes about 13 seconds for a tiger II (on flat ground)
  • Survivability: Round won by t29 by a large margin , thanks to armor , spaced module , crew (and having one more crew member) , ammo. Spall shield , rear engine and transmission absorbing shells fired at it.
  • Turret: Close tie but I'll let the tiger II have this one. Takes about 14 seconds for the tiger II turret to make a 180° rotation while it takes about 15 seconds for the t29 to do the same. t29 however has a better depression than the tiger II.
  • ROF: round won by tiger II without any surprise.

Yeah i'm fine calling the t29 clearly superior to the tiger II.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys plz understand something...... T34 85 isn't op so it shouldn't stay the same battle rating as panther D etc. Most of time it goes against br 6.7 or 6.3 tanks. The armour is completely useless, not even bounce once. So Dev can u guys change it back to 5.3 plz?  And, most of the time. You guys are complaining about the 85mm gun spam but it's not like what you think. You guys are just had no idea how to kill it. Just shoot it's upper frontal armour and that's it! In today's match, I mostly go against tiger II H with my T34 85E. Plus the gun is useless in front of the tiger II H or some well frontal armoured tanks. Well, maybe some of you guys will say "just bring some APCR" and I'm telling you that you don't have much time to react or switch to APCR shells. Once you are switching to APCR shells, enemy tanks are going to rush you and boom! You get killed. So plz really! I just want some fun match! 

Edited by BOTJackyEternity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Taiidan_Triikor said:

Both the he162 and the me262 A2 have their own strengths and weaknesses. Both sit at the same br of 6.7. Yet somehow one of them is clearly superior to the other one.

 

For almost any strenght the tiger II possess , the t29 has it better (with tiger II having the upper hand in ROF)

For almost any weaknesses the t29 possess , the t29 has it better:

  • Frontal armor: Round won by t29 thanks to autobounce tracks , 200mm mantlet and lower glacis bouncing shots.
  • Side armor: Round won by t29 thanks to heavily armored turret , and autobounce tracks protecting the weak sides armor.
  • Firepower: Round won by t29 either in raw damage or raw penetration. t29 will also overmatch enemy armor more easily thanks to an higher caliber gun.
  • Acceleration: Round won by t29 by a large margin on flat ground.
  • Top speed: Round won by t29 by a small margin. t29 going at 35km/h on flat ground at best while Tiger II go at 33km/h on forward. t29 going at 13 km/h on flat ground at best while tiger II going at 11km/h in reverse.Tiger II can only goes faster than the t29 while driving down gentle slope,also thanks to his acceleration t29 will reach his top speed before the tiger II does.
  • Turning: Round won by tiger II , takes about 21 seconds for a t29 to make a 180° turn , takes about 13 seconds for a tiger II (on flat ground)
  • Survivability: Round won by t29 by a large margin , thanks to armor , spaced module , crew (and having one more crew member) , ammo. Spall shield , rear engine and transmission absorbing shells fired at it.
  • Turret: Close tie but I'll let the tiger II have this one. Takes about 14 seconds for the tiger II turret to make a 180° rotation while it takes about 15 seconds for the t29 to do the same. t29 however has a better depression than the tiger II.
  • ROF: round won by tiger II without any surprise.

Yeah i'm fine calling the t29 clearly superior to the tiger II.

 

You do realize that if the T-29 got a BR increase then so would the Tiger 2 (all three of them)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BOTJackyEternity said:

Guys plz understand something...... T34 85 isn't op so it shouldn't stay the same battle rating as panther D etc. Most of time it goes against br 6.7 or 6.3 tanks. The armour is completely useless, not even bounce once. So Dev can u guys change it back to 5.3 plz?  And, most of the time. You guys are complaining about the 85mm gun spam but it's not like what you think. You guys are just had no idea how to kill it. Just shoot it's upper frontal armour and that's it! In today's match, I mostly go against tiger II H with my T34 85E. Plus the gun is useless in front of the tiger II H or some well frontal armoured tanks. Well, maybe some of you guys will say "just bring some APCR" and I'm telling you that you don't have much time to react or switch to APCR shells. Once you are switching to APCR shells, enemy tanks are going to rush you and boom! You get killed. So plz really! I just want some fun match! 

welcome to the American tech tree look it kind of deserves where its at the jumbo Sherman is at 5.7 (with the 76mm gun) which is worse and at that br jumbo cant fight most of these things from the front either and it has pretty bad climb as well so what you are saying makes no sense if you are fighting 6.7 tanks try flanking that's what American tanks must do to fight most hostile tanks treat it like a seventy six mm Sherman you cant take a hit so use the terrain to your advantage hit and run you cant just sit there and derp use peek a boom tactics play dirty ambush people get up high and go for there upper hull armor focus on irritating hostile tanks you picked the Russian line so  (no offense) but you probably didn't need to learn these things already due to there generally superb armor and there one shot guns Russians tend to be very easy to kill due to overconfidence in there machines because generally they can bounce most shots (at least from American guns) never poke out and expose your sides you get easily crushed take the time to put your tank at extreme angles when you poke out so you have a chance to survive a shot and of course you need to learn weak points ammo rack locations good spots to hide yourself it takes time to get used to being a an easy one shot one thing is that people will prioritize you just for a free kill over a tank that is actively trying to kill them so try using these tactics and maybe you will have better luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BOTJackyEternity said:

Guys plz understand something...... T34 85 isn't op so it shouldn't stay the same battle rating as panther D etc. Most of time it goes against br 6.7 or 6.3 tanks. The armour is completely useless, not even bounce once. So Dev can u guys change it back to 5.3 plz?  And, most of the time. You guys are complaining about the 85mm gun spam but it's not like what you think. You guys are just had no idea how to kill it. Just shoot it's upper frontal armour and that's it! In today's match, I mostly go against tiger II H with my T34 85E. Plus the gun is useless in front of the tiger II H or some well frontal armoured tanks. Well, maybe some of you guys will say "just bring some APCR" and I'm telling you that you don't have much time to react or switch to APCR shells. Once you are switching to APCR shells, enemy tanks are going to rush you and boom! You get killed. So plz really! I just want some fun match! 

 

I think the T-34-85 is good at its BR. The issue is that you will almost always get dragged into 6.0 - 7.0 matches. Exact same issue with all the 5.7 - 6.3 tanks.German Panthers going up against T29's, exact same issue. Panthers are good at their respective BRs, always fighting against 1.0 RB higher they do not fair so well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T-34-85 is natural case of vehicle getting uptier because if its outstanding K/D. Look up Thunderskill data on it, it had the highest K/D among all non-premium vehicles in RB, and in AB had K/D inferior only to Panzer IV E, T-34/76 and Gepard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.