17 posts in this topic

Sorry, idk where else to ask this....

When is panfilovs 28 men coming to usa?? There are no english subtitles on itunes or google play, there is a blu-ray and dvd but nothing has been announced by gaijin as promised... Does anyone have any information regarding the release of the movie overseas?

Its going to be free after some time and you will be able to watch it in the internet legally.

46 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

Ahh, that work of complete fiction.

Like fury?

Or the manuever in Red Tails?

Not many big war movies are Historically correct.

17 minutes ago, alexmcguiness said:

Like fury?

Not since the 70's.

I like films such as Battle of Britain and A Bridge too far, they are honest and show both sides.

18 minutes ago, alexmcguiness said:

Like fury?

No, it's more like Bill Clinton on Velociraptor fighting with Hitler using kick he learned from Chuck Norris.
And all of this with intro "it really happened, seriously".

16 minutes ago, xrzfff said:

No, it's more like Bill Clinton on Velociraptor fighting with Hitler using kick he learned from Chuck Norris.
And all of this with intro "it really happened, seriously".

Shame about the official Red Army records detailing these "martyrs" surviving the engagement :017::p:

Posted (edited)

I'll leave this here

1 hour ago, FRisianMight said:

The story is just as real as "Saving private Ryan" is. Too bad the bias in most WW2 movies is to real not to ignore.

atleast the director of Saving Private Ryan didnt claim "this is how it happened, everything else, even official russian documents is lying propaganda!"

and SPR atleast had it's opening scene (arguably the best part of the movie)

in regards of (WW2) war movies... Hollywood... Russia... top this...

3 hours ago, Fallenkezef said:

Shame about the official Red Army records detailing these "martyrs" surviving the engagement :017::p:

don't forget hte one guy serving in the german police forces in the Ukraine later on...

Edited by RohmMohc

Wonder why noone recalls the movie "Steiner - Das Eiserne Kreuz" or "Cross of Iron".

4 minutes ago, Stahlvormund101 said:

Wonder why noone recalls the movie "Steiner - Das Eiserne Kreuz" or "Cross of Iron".

've only read about it on Wikipedia... in the "Buying the myth" 've also read some goodstuff about the old Stalingrad movie in the Buying the Myth thread... since it was said that it's a really old movie i guess they ment "Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?"

BTW. There is going to be a new mini-series coming up from the German perspective of WWII. I believe the same who worked on Das Boot is going to work on it. Also, Steven Spielberg is trying to create a new mini-series about WWII American bomber pilots.

Good stuff is coming, and to recommend a decent movie I would suggest watching Stalingrad. It actually tries to be historical accurate unlike the movie in the thread title.

3 minutes ago, FRisianMight said:

BTW. There is going to be a new mini-series coming up from the German perspective of WWII. I believe the same who worked on Das Boot is going to work on it. Also, Steven Spielberg is trying to create a new mini-series about WWII American bomber pilots.

Good stuff is coming, and to recommend a decent movie I would suggest watching Stalingrad. It actually tries to be historical accurate unlike the movie in the thread title.

what i've read was, that they were doing a continuation of Das Boot, an eight part mini-series based on books of hte same guy who wrote "Das Boot"

10 minutes ago, RohmMohc said:

what i've read was, that they were doing a continuation of Das Boot, an eight part mini-series based on books of hte same guy who wrote "Das Boot"

Sounds good. Hyped.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Fallenkezef said:

Declassified documents say that 6 of them survived, and IIRC 

Spoiler

6 of them are actually alive in the movie at the end. How many tanks they destroyed I don't remember, and I don't know the whole truth to the real story either.

2 hours ago, RohmMohc said:

in regards of (WW2) war movies... Hollywood... Russia... top this...

No problem

Edited by KirrimK

Posted (edited)

Lol, so I found the movie with full English subtitles online pretty easily. Itso on watchcorn... After having seen it, there is some anti-Soviet sentiment, but politics and myth is generally left out. The movie is really good, and surprisingly accurate in terms of historical recreation like  (tanks, uniforms, tactics). Of course not all of it is true to life 100%, but it does a good job in honoring the soldiers memory 

On a side note, check out "Scorched Earth: the Other Side of World War II"... sounds like a modern "Cross of Iron"

Edited by *NewWorldOrder984
Forgot to mention something

Here is a film made on the facts of a true story.