On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, supermacka said:

As a predominately bomber pilot type I do not understand how making fighters start 500m higher and bombers starting 500m lower is going to help the beleaguered bomber pilot. It is hard enough as it is being a bomber pilot with very little defence against fighters with 20mm or 30mm cannons. Especially fast climbing fighters against lumbering slow bombers now you start them 1000m closer?? On top of which once we have managed to avoid the hungry fighter's we have to spend longer time over the target, all for a few extra points very few points considering the cost of repairing a shot down bomber.

I fully agree with your comments, these changes really suck for base bombers.

I am a prolific bomber, but I bomb ground units not bases, so the mentioned changes don't have much of an impact on my game play. There are 2 changes that have been made in the last patch, that are not mentioned, that are having a massive impact in all lower tier AB matches.

There are significantly fewer light vehicle ground attack matches for players flying 2.0 br to 3.0 br, (for the last 100 matches flown at br 2.0 to 3.0 I only got 5 light vehicle matches) if you want to do mostly light vehicle ground attack matches now you have got to fly tier 1 no higher than 1.7 br to get these matches (for the last 100 matches flown at 1.7 br I only got 3 that weren't light vehicle matches). As a consequence of these changes more players are doing the lower br to get light ground unit matches and are being put into matches that were designed for beginners, i.e. Stalingrad, Khalkhin Gol, Foggy Albion and Saipan, this will lead to more complaints about higher level players 'seal clubbing' lower level players.

The spawn points for players flying the 2.0 br or higher is now further away from the targets, twice today I have had the warning 'return to battlefield' when spawning in with a Hampden which is 1.7 br but in a 2.7 br line up, this has also happened to players that I was squaded up with in matches, this would previously only happen in 5.3 br or higher.

It would be nice to know the intention of these changes and why weren't they included in the patch notes.

Edited by Ground_Hog
  • Upvote 1

For AB GF these changes for planes (Splash dmg by kamikaze) are worse or great it depends if you kill or you get killed.

For AB you don't have to waste any bombs or rockets for some tanks (aka m18 or 88)!

Just bomb the tanks and make Kamikaze on a 88. You get a kill more!

In my opnion this is a step in the wrong direction! Instead reduceing kamikaze pilots they get a kill more for doing suicide fly.

• Upvote 1

Ok. maybe i didn't understand correctly, although it sounds simple, but this evening I had 3 hits on m15 (6mm of armor) with 3 76 mm HE shells and it was barely damaged. I aimed in the hull and even in turret, if what it have can be called turret. Isn't it supposed to be destroyed by single 76 HE (not AP, or APHE, plain HE) shell with new mechanics? Is mass of explosive important factor, or only caliber? 

Can anyone explain the reason for putting the Crusader AA Mk II and Crusader AA Mk I on there, when these are based on tanks, and perhaps the most underused AA vehicles already. yet the Wirbelwind, Ostwind, the strongest AA at this tier, are not?

The Crusader might be a light tank, but its no GAZ truck. 

These vehicles already suffer from having the same BR's compared to their german counterparts, yet the German vehicles have much higher ammunition count, and access to APCR in the case of the Wirbelwind.. and now they will be further nerfed with hull break?!

The Crusader AA Mk II is useless against all Russian tanks of this tier, any armour plate at any angle, even directly from behind - unlike the Wirbelwind - it does not need this.

WT*?!