DisconnecT83

[server] [update]
Update 08.02.2017 (1.65.1.175)

79 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2017 at 10:58 AM, DisconnecT83 said:

DM for the lightly armoured vehicles has been updated: when damaged by HE or HEAT shells, as well as  large calibre AP ammo. From now on lightly armoured ground vehicles can be easily destroyed with weapons of 75mm calibre or more whilst using HE or HEAT ammo by hitting hull, turret (if present) or gun barrel and mantlet. 

Idk if this is intended or not, but i have been testing a bit this new thing, and i found out that it's not needed a hit on a specific part, because even a hit on the rolling wheels (with no damage to any module) with both shells from the Sturer and the IS2 (not HE or HEAT, just straight APCBC and APHE) made the m56 die with the "Tank burnt down" cause of death. I will try to see if it happens to other LT too, but to mee this seems kinda unreasonable and needs some work, because right now people are just oneshooting tanks even when they should overpen.

On 8.2.2017 at 10:58 AM, DisconnecT83 said:
  • Breach repair speed has been reduced by 40%.
  • Crew replenishment speed has been increased by 33%.

I love those. Although, does "Breach repair speed has been reduced" mean my cannon Breach repairs faster or slower now? The way I understand it repairs longer now, so that a hit in the Breach now actually has an effect on the enemy.

Also intrigued by the air mode changes. Especially air arcade have been in need for an overhaul in like forever.

I would still suggest an improvement to "Crew replenishment increased": I often end up in situations where the tank is incapacitated and the last crew member is sitting in the driver's seat. I would like the last crew member to automatically change seats to the gunner. Also, if the last crew member is in the process of changing seats at the time when the others are knocked out, the process should be reset to make sure the last crew member does not have to change seats twice.

Usually when the tank is down to the last crew member it is in a terrible condition, immobilized in a potentially exposed position and damaged. I always find it infuriating to watch my driver stay in the drivers seat and wait there for 25 seconds instead of trying to at least get out that one last shot. Even if there is no bullet loaded, firing the MG at the opponent might scare him off long enough to get the new crew member and drive into safety.

Until now crew repenishment was just a nice way to farm additional points from a dead tank before finishing it off. I actually tend to just spend the repenishment somewhere in cover just to make sure it cannot activate in the middle of an intersection and ruin my day again.

On 8.02.2017 at 10:58 AM, DisconnecT83 said:

• DM for the lightly armoured vehicles has been updated: when damaged by HE or HEAT shells, as well as  large calibre AP ammo. From now on lightly armoured ground vehicles can be easily destroyed with weapons of 75mm calibre or more whilst using HE or HEAT ammo by hitting hull, turret (if present) or gun barrel and mantlet. This works for the following vehicles:
    • Flakpanzer 38t Gepard
    • Flakpanzer I
    • FlakPz.I Gepard
    • Panzerjager I
    • Nashorn
    • Marder III
    • Marder III Ausf.H
    • Sd.Kfz.6/2
    • Sd.Kfz.9 Flak 37
    • Type 94
    • So-Ki
    • Ta-Se
    • Crusader AA Mk.II
    • Crusader AA Mk.I
    • AEC AA Mk.II
    • Falcon
    • T17E2
    • M13
    • M15
    • M16
    • M3 GMC
    • M19
    • M42
    • M163 Vulcan

On the list we have M163 Vulcan which is made out of aluminium which doesn't break (shatter). It is also quite thick (T-34 level).

By logic that means M163 shouldn't be affected with this DM change. Is there any other reason for including it?

M163 shouldn't be a part of the list.

On 2/8/2017 at 3:27 PM, R0adRuner said:

Good Change, at least will make it harder for Tu-4 spam.

This doesn't seem to have affected RB, since I could take out a single base with a 1500kg with my Tu-4 after the patch went into effect. 

On 2/8/2017 at 4:58 AM, DisconnecT83 said:

A greater number of bombs will now be required for base destruction at higher ranks (the strength of bases has been increased by 15%).

Could you please explain what tier this is at? And whether this will affect the amount of SL and RP we get from destroying s base?

Now the Arados can't handle each one a minibase... sad.... i will use mine to do spawn rushing and energy figthing every time...

I'm confused...

Does this mean breaches repair 40% slower, and crew replacement is 33% faster, or is it the opposite?

Good info on this update. Hope it works out well.

:good:

On 8.2.2017 at 4:32 PM, Anonimo_LLopi said:

Crew replenishment speed has been increased by 33%.

>I'm not sure about this one until I try it but this doesn't seem like a good change for the gameplay in general but, at least the Game is less pay to win because this change makes that even untrained crew able to replace crew before the enemy reloads

I think they mean calling in a new crew member here, not switching seats so a loader can replace a knocked out gunner. You know, that new ability we all had to research on all our spaded tanks autumn last year?

Playing at an 8.0 BR in RB, bases now require 2 tons of bombs to be destroyed, up from 1.5. The funny thing is that though this is clearly aimed at curbing the potential of the much-maligned Tu-4, the Tu-4 doesn't have a problem in still bombing all bases and then bombing the airfield. This however makes every single other bomber which carries a much smaller bombload even less relevant at these high tiers, since now they can at most take out one base without even damaging another or getting ground kills with spare bombs. This means that flying the Tu-4 is still lucrative, while flying any of the jet bombers is even more painful now. Basically this change has made the Tu-4 the only viable bomber at BR 8-9. 

I see the crusader AA's on the list but not the Ostwind or whirlwind there dome armour is similarly strong so i hope this weakness applies to there turrets... being some what the chief offenders of mid tier AA abuse. 

either way definite mprovements!

I wonder why it's only lightly armoured SPAAs and TDs that get destroyed more easily, but not tanks with similar or even weaker armour, such as t-26 or the BT series. Well there is exactly one tank on the list, the PT-76. 

Why not also add the LVT, whose hull has very light amour which can take a ridiculous amount of hits? The list contains stronger vehicles than the LVT, for example the Crusader SPAA versions.

Bases 15% more durable?

That means if at BR 7.0 base got killed by 6000 Kg bombs now it's 6900 Kg so one more bomb.

This is really "huge" nerf for TU4 which now can't kill two bases in one load but have to reload, loong 35 sec.

The bases are bad idea anyway. If one team spawn 10 bombers, it's a race who will dive faster, then if you are proper heavy bomber climbing high you don't know if the base get destroyed by diving racers or not. Your bombs are flying 20 seconds into target, you can waste them on allready destroyed base or you have to come back to finish it after racers, sometimes they sweep all bases clean, other times they left half hit points, probably stock bomb load or something else, you never know.

Much better solution would be only airfield with 100-150k Kg bombs to destroy, better for fighters to defend and more easy to plan for bombers.

There is bigger problem tho. Even with 15% bases, battles often ends on ground targets kill anyway.

Final verdict:

From fighter fov nothing changed much, from bomber fov more annoying.

I like where this is going whit hull break ligthly armored stuff BUT I think it needs abit more refindment, I have now killed serval Marders whit AP sholid shots by hitting them in thier top gun shield/hull whit out cousing any damage to the tank but it still count as a hull break and he insta dies. Allso shooting a 88mm half track in its upper gun shield whit a shermans M72 AP shot hull break him.

Abit the same I now seen whit hell cat TD a figther kamakazing next to him(not hitting) still cousing a hull break

As I said I like the idea but i feel this should been play tested and refined on dev serves abit more before adding it to live servers.

On one more note about the list of tanks affected by this I think there is missing serval tanks here are som eksampels

Any tank based on the Crusader hull

Type 62

Object 906

LVT(A)(4) ZIS-2

Edited by KB_Martinsen

"DM for the lightly armoured vehicles has been updated: when damaged by HE or HEAT shells, as well as  large calibre AP ammo. From now on lightly armoured ground vehicles can be easily destroyed with weapons of 75mm calibre or more whilst using HE or HEAT ammo by hitting hull, turret (if present) or gun barrel and mantlet. This works for the following vehicles: "

Good.  Should also apply to the hull of the Super Hellcat.

On 2/8/2017 at 5:40 AM, Fliegel said:

This looks like really good update.

I can't be even critical this time.

Finally a solid shot will have some time to aim after killing the enemy gunner/destroy breech, or even enough to fire two shots.

Longer airfield were also needed.

I'm just curious what "fixed" means for the AP / APC on slope armour.

so after having played it for a bit it means easier to penetrate by a lot and it sort of broke armor

As a predominately bomber pilot type I do not understand how making fighters start 500m higher and bombers starting 500m lower is going to help the beleaguered bomber pilot. It is hard enough as it is being a bomber pilot with very little defence against fighters with 20mm or 30mm cannons. Especially fast climbing fighters against lumbering slow bombers now you start them 1000m closer?? On top of which once we have managed to avoid the hungry fighter's we have to spend longer time over the target, all for a few extra points very few points considering the cost of repairing a shot down bomber.

On 08/02/2017 at 1:32 PM, Forger777 said:

P.S. Any news on a fix for spawn camping?

Never, it's part of the game design. I had to stop playing ground RB because of that.

• Breach repair speed has been reduced by 40%.
  • Crew replenishment speed has been increased by 33%.

Great ! Now hitting the breach can actually be a little useful, instead of being a <8 sec repair. And the crew healing took long enough for more than 2 additional shots, good to see it shortened to a more reasonable level.

11 hours ago, supermacka said:

As a predominately bomber pilot type I do not understand how making fighters start 500m higher and bombers starting 500m lower is going to help the beleaguered bomber pilot. It is hard enough as it is being a bomber pilot with very little defence against fighters with 20mm or 30mm cannons. Especially fast climbing fighters against lumbering slow bombers now you start them 1000m closer?? On top of which once we have managed to avoid the hungry fighter's we have to spend longer time over the target, all for a few extra points very few points considering the cost of repairing a shot down bomber.

Or, you could *not* try to base rush in a bomber that can't climb out of the way of enemy fighters. You could circle back at the spawn and climb for a bit, watch the high alt situation develop, tell your team what's up and what you need in chat. Stuff like that, y'know? FYI I can get a Wellie up 1k crossing an average map by dive-climbing. If I stay at the spawn instead of heading right out, I bet I can get it up 2k, and that's higher than most fighters want to climb. It can be done.

Oh, and this means longer matches due to the delays in using bombers. Plusses and minuses.

On 10/02/2017 at 0:43 PM, Desperx said:

Bases 15% more durable?

That means if at BR 7.0 base got killed by 6000 Kg bombs now it's 6900 Kg so one more bomb.

This is really "huge" nerf for TU4 which now can't kill two bases in one load but have to reload, loong 35 sec.

The bases are bad idea anyway. If one team spawn 10 bombers, it's a race who will dive faster, then if you are proper heavy bomber climbing high you don't know if the base get destroyed by diving racers or not. Your bombs are flying 20 seconds into target, you can waste them on allready destroyed base or you have to come back to finish it after racers, sometimes they sweep all bases clean, other times they left half hit points, probably stock bomb load or something else, you never know.

Much better solution would be only airfield with 100-150k Kg bombs to destroy, better for fighters to defend and more easy to plan for bombers.

There is bigger problem tho. Even with 15% bases, battles often ends on ground targets kill anyway.

Final verdict:

From fighter fov nothing changed much, from bomber fov more annoying.

I just tested and it actually takes 8 tons to destroy a base. 2 bases, obviously, took 16. A tu4 needs 1 pass per base. But the good news, you get a higher score/reward for the base destruction :DD.  The airfield seems to be the same. Good news for the tu4, but bad news for the do217, which became useless for rushing, atleast severed handicaped now :crying: