DisconnecT83

[server] [update]
Update 08.02.2017 (1.65.1.175)

79 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

• In all [Ground attack] missions for BR ranges between 3.3 and 5.7 all respawn points for fighters are now higher by 500m and for bombers lower by 500m.
  • A greater number of bombs will now be required for base destruction at higher ranks (the strength of bases has been increased by 15%).

What counts as 'higher ranks'? Why don't spawn altitude changes extend to jet matches (7.7-8.0 in particular)? Do spawn altitude changes apply to all game modes/maps that include air spawns?

Do these changes fix bomber spam, or only reduce the number of viable bombers?

I can see the Do 217's being on the threshold where their bombload can no longer destroy minibases in one drop (this is already the case at high enough BR battle though), but 15% more tonnage required doesn't meaningfully change the impact of B-29's or Tu-4's (or Lancasters, but Lancasters probably get shot down before getting to drop bombs - they are already tricky to use and changes to spawn altitudes make it more so) since their bombload is so much higher.

Moreover, the matches ending quickest are rarely decided by base destruction (minibases are worth 1/3/5 GT's or so, depending on map) but by GT destruction (24 ground targets is a common value on Ground Strikes - half a team of bombers only need 3 GT's each to finish a map in under 4 minutes). Are there any plans to increase number of ground targets or otherwise lengthen match duration of Ground Strike maps, for example by requiring a number of player kills also?

So... The AA guns will no longer eat HE shells headon, even though they have completely open crew compartments / are lightly armored?

Neat!

Great changes, keep them coming. :)

5 hours ago, Rote_Eule said:

This is again a major nerf for tanks without HE fillers in their AP

I think (hope) what they actually mean is that it now takes 40% longer to repair a breech, which is actually a big help for tanks with solid shot.

Speaking of the "red headed step-child ammo", are there plans to increase the post pen damage of solid shot, or at least make ammo hits more reliable in regards to detonating racks?

A middle ground between the damage they did when the Brit tree was released and what we have now would be a good starting point, and would most likely make me a very happy chap indeed.

9 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

Effect of armour slope (slope effect) for AP and APC shells when the calibre of the shell exceeds the armour thickness more than two times, has been fixed.

Can you clarify what has been fixed for this?

9 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

DM for the lightly armoured vehicles has been updated

There is any plan of gradually extending this to all vehicles? Currently some light armoured vehicle that might be affected are not included, like: Swingfire, T-92, M551 Sheridan, Object 906, Type 60, Flakpanzer IV (Turret), Kugelblitz (Ball Turret), etc.

Okay the light armor vs he mechanic works with more vehicles than whats listed. After testing it, the he round works on all of the german open top TD including the bumper of the flak bus lol.

• A greater number of bombs will now be required for base destruction at higher ranks (the strength of bases has been increased by 15%).

Put a 0 on the end of that 15% then double the amount of ground targets and we might actually be able to start having fun again.

This is a start at least - cheers!  :good:

Great patch! Thank you so much for the awesome changes to spaa damage models!

I would love to see spawn points in RB ground forces increased for fighters, lowered for bombers and Attackers, Most players bring pure fighters instead. Boring. Lets get planes more appropriate for the ground attack roles in RB ground forces and sim.

the tank DM changes seem a bit dodgy.

you can get hit by AP in a way it doesent damage anything in your tank but you die to a "hull break"

This intended or bug?

Some nice

11 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:
  • In all [Ground attack] missions for BR ranges between 3.3 and 5.7 all respawn points for fighters are now higher by 500m and for bombers lower by 500m.

^^Some nice changes in the right direction. Thanks!

14 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:
  • Effect of armour slope (slope effect) for AP and APC shells when the calibre of the shell exceeds the armour thickness more than two times, has been fixed.
  • DM for the lightly armoured vehicles has been updated: when damaged by HE or HEAT shells, as well as  large calibre AP ammo. From now on lightly armoured ground vehicles can be easily destroyed with weapons of 75mm calibre or more whilst using HE or HEAT ammo by hitting hull, turret (if present) or gun barrel and mantlet. This works for the following vehicles:

What exactly do these mean? Were they bugged and have now been fixed to be more realistic?

Some major changes here. Nice to know HE will be more useful to AA.  

I feel like the reduction in breach repair time may be another hindrance to my tea tanks, and solid shot in general for that matter, but perhaps it's balanced out by the increase in crew replacement.  

19 hours ago, skaniol said:

Yus, my bombers are 500m closer to the targets and I get 15% more RP from bases! Cool!

You are kidding right?  Being a bomber is hard enough as it already.  I usually never complain but I do not understand this adjustment.  Fighters have a field day ripping us bombers a new one so now this makes it easier for them.  We were already pretty much cannon fodder even before this server update IMHO.

15 hours ago, acerarity said:

And i thought Bomber's were already hard enough to play, but i am really happy about the second one 

Yeah that is what I was thinking.  Now I will give them this: with some bombers like the BV238 and others you can take out an entire base in one bomb run so I can understand that.  But it would be nice if they could offset the change by giving more points towards tons of bombs dropped on bases.  As is now, you get much more points killing vehicles, ships and pillboxes than bombing bases.  This seems to be backwards too me.  Making a run for a base is almost always a suicide run for me unless I spawn WAY higher than the enemy fighters.  But I mostly only play AB so I don't know.

On 2017/2/8 at 5:58 PM, DisconnecT83 said:

DM for the lightly armoured vehicles has been updated: when damaged by HE or HEAT shells, as well as  large calibre AP ammo. From now on lightly armoured ground vehicles can be easily destroyed with weapons of 75mm calibre or more whilst using HE or HEAT ammo by hitting hull, turret (if present) or gun barrel and mantlet. This works for the following vehicles:

• Flakpanzer 38t Gepard
  • Flakpanzer I
  • FlakPz.I Gepard
  • Panzerjager I
  • Nashorn
  • Marder III
  • Marder III Ausf.H
  • Sd.Kfz.6/2
  • Sd.Kfz.9 Flak 37
  • Type 94
  • So-Ki
  • Ta-Se
  • Crusader AA Mk.II
  • Crusader AA Mk.I
  • AEC AA Mk.II
  • Falcon
  • T17E2
  • M13
  • M15
  • M16
  • M3 GMC
  • M19
  • M42
  • M163 Vulcan
  • M18 Hellcat
  • M56 Scorpion
  • ASU-57
  • GAZ-4M
  • GAZ DShK
  • GAZ-ММ 72-К
  • PT-76B
  • 94-KM
  • ZiS-30
  • ZiS-43
  • ZSU-23-4
  • ZSU-57-2
  • ZSU-37
  • ZUT-37

I wonder why Type60 SPRG is not included in the list?As we all know the Type 60 has nearly no armor protection,much weaker than bunches of vehicles that was listed above.

Is this a miss or just some other sekret dokuments?

Anyway,thx for the update,appreciate that.