Countermeasures against forbidden modifications.

Best answer

There is no need to record and post replays with gameplay of players you suspect for using 3rd party apps. We will appreciate if you report them via server replay functionality on our main website. 

For more information, please check this article.

my plane got dragged in a very improbable way straight into the front of the enemy plane making it move to the side in less than 0.5 secs moving like 50 or 70 mts... someone or a moderator ( since someone need to approve this comment) how do i report this suspicious external program or modification? and sorry the bother

Stona (Posted )

There is no option that anyone have any special control over your vehicle or any special control over speed/climb rate etc. of vehicle in battle via hacks. You cannot get more ammo, better shells or free GE via hacks. If you think that someone if using prohibited programs to notice you on battlefield, please use in game system to report him (click TAB during battle, click on player and select report function).

finally I won't have a whole team + myself trying to kill a single, frontally impenetrable Pz.IV G again due to hax

Stona (Posted )

Again, there is no such thing as hax that gives you super shields, better penetration etc. Simply it's not possible due to server protections. War Thunder is server side game - it means that it exclude such things.

Guys, please re-read 1st post.

Also check this thread (link) and this article (link)

Little reminder about "he got hax because he climb 10000m/s and can use lasers!" 

Q: Is it possible to use cheats in War Thunder (like speed-hack, invulnerability and other unfair advantages)?

A: All movement and player interactions like collisions, damage etc. are calculated on the server side. It means that even if corresponding parameters are modified on the client side, the cheater will not actually gain any advantages like invulnerability, increased damage or anything similar. Anyone pretending to distribute software that gives such advantages is probably a fraudster looking to steal your money or compromise your personal data.

• Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, Gerva46 said:

To be really believable because they do not put the names of those who have banned ??????

4 th page near the middle.. click the  "reveal hidden comments"

On 3/20/2017 at 7:39 PM, sarevockk said:

my plane got dragged in a very improbable way straight into the front of the enemy plane making it move to the side in less than 0.5 secs moving like 50 or 70 mts... someone or a moderator ( since someone need to approve this comment) how do i report this suspicious external program or modification? and sorry the bother

If I can just make this clear, it is important to understand - such modifications are simply not possible, it is NOT POSSIBLE to boost your server side footprint (speed, hitting power, defensive power etc), what is possible is that client side info regarding position of opponent etc can be enhanced illegally with third party apps, usually unsuccesfully.

Regardless, if you suspect attempted cheats you should refer to our online reporting system here - http://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/  and use the available reporting system to log the exact game and user it concerns. Please do not spam this functionality with standard frustration and accusations as it will only complicate our current successes and intervention. Be sure it is a legitimate complaint as what is perceived as a cheat will in most cases in standard play siimply be a lucky shot or a situationally aware quaility player.

• Upvote 5

I stopped playing WoT because of all the modifications that can be used in that game. That`s why I love Warthunder so much...everyone is on even footing...unless they`re cheating. Good to know you guys are on top of this issue! Keep up the great work!

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I`m absolutely no "computer guy" but I`ve been accused of "hacking" about a dozen times, mainly because I shot down a new player a few times in a match....lol. There are many , very skilled players in this game who can make you believe they`re cheating...I`ve come up against a few in my time...:016::crying::good:

medal medal

Fantastic news and job done, quite a good number of lame players banned , wasn't expecting that much, and thanks for the list of names, no need to hide the identity of those guys, they deserve public name and shame.

Thanks.

medal medal medal medal

Nice, the guy i reported is on that list. Great Job.

But i had a problem when i reported him. His name did not show up on the site with the server side replays. I had to use the ingame reporting System and put the link to replay in there. Could it be that players who join late into a game do not show up in the replay name list?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello Devs and Moderators. Is it Legal to use the Boris Sound mod? He said Gaijin gave him green light so it isn't illegal. the sounds are very cool. so I'm gonna ask here

medal

7 hours ago, Scarper said:

If I can just make this clear, it is important to understand - such modifications are simply not possible, it is NOT POSSIBLE to boost your server side footprint (speed, hitting power, defensive power etc), what is possible is that client side info regarding position of opponent etc can be enhanced illegally with third party apps, usually unsuccesfully.

Regardless, if you suspect attempted cheats you should refer to our online reporting system here - http://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/  and use the available reporting system to log the exact game and user it concerns. Please do not spam this functionality with standard frustration and accusations as it will only complicate our current successes and intervention. Be sure it is a legitimate complaint as what is perceived as a cheat will in most cases in standard play siimply be a lucky shot or a situationally aware quaility player.

Thank you Stona.

Sometimes player who joined and played a battle their names don't appear on the website replay system player list

medal medal medal medal

Good to see gaijin monitoring the game we all love. This is good for all the players that have been called cheaters and are not listed and to all the players that have been killed by the banned players. Keep it up!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, japes said:

Always satisfying seeing justice served, Scarper. Massive props to Gaijin for the Server Replay system that allows me and many others to properly report cheaters we encounter. 

i dont think, Server replay work very well . There is a number of time on my replay ,i see that server replay have some delay too , which make some weird kill shot . Example i was shot down by someone who was wingless, tailless ,while doing a 360 flips ,i wanted to make a video of the epic kill but i when to both normal replay and server replay ,both replay looks way to weird (server latency issue obviously ) On both replay , the plane nose was away from me while he was holding his mouse button .  so ye .  

medal medal

This is really great. Two things in the IT world I hate the most are people who create malware/viruses and people who cheat in online games.

However, I've been a software dev for over 10 years and I know from experience how uncompromising computers can be in such things. In fact, computers are very dumb things. The word Smart has been thrown around so much the last ten years that people have a false sense of how "smart" computers actually are. Computers, TVs, and cellphones are NOT smart. Period. They can only do when they've been programmed to do... even machine learning AI, however AI is the first step to machines becoming "smart".

In tanks, I often take speculative shots based on where I see enemy shots coming from or even at the red marker when the enemy is getting shot by a team member. Once in a while, I'll get lucky and get a hit or even a kill. Since a machine is making decisions about who gets banned, I'm now kinda scared to do this.

Below is what I believe a machine can and probably at some point will read as false positives and then a few questions:

If I see a tank moving and he moves behind soft cover like bushes or train truck, but I lead my shot and fire and kill him, would the "AI" know that I didn't cheat and that I just got lucky based on what I could see BEFORE the enemy tank moved behind soft cover?

How about if we shoot and kill a player who is behind a house on kursk after we saw him go there? Been accused of cheating when doing this, but if I know you are there and I know AP rounds can go through certain buildings... why wouldn't I take a speculative shot? Some people don't realize that you can shoot through certain buildings or even the train trucks on Stalingrad and if they report you it will look like you cheated from their perspective even though you saw them before go behind soft cover and thus knew more or less where to shoot.

Also, if you've played a lot of war thunder RB GF, you will have noticed that sometimes you can see an enemy tank in the 3rd person view, but then they go invisible after about 2 seconds once you go into the gun sight. It's VERY rare, but does happen. (Think it's usually when on and slightly behind a ridge line)... If I shoot and hit that tank, what is the machine learning AI gonna think? It's a machine... it will see me shooting and hitting a tank that is invisible. Computers are not in the habit of taking into account things like I was able to see the tank in 3rd person view and as a result of that knew where to shoot ever after the enemy tank went invisible in my gun sight.

I've been accused a few times of cheating, but if people could see what I see then it would make perfect sense. Questions is, would it do so for a machine...

1. Do you get just the replay of the players making the accusations, or do you get the replay of the player being accused as well? (Get both perspectives?)

2. Are people banned based on replays alone or do you use code to detect other illegal code? (Anti cheat system running in the background of the game?)

3. How do you deal with false positives?

4. And why isn't false positives explained in the main article/post?

Lastly, we need a FAQ just for this topic.

Again, dealing with cheaters is great and I sure as hell don't want you to stop, but based on my experience in the game and my experience with software in the real world... I do have to ask.

Thanks

medal medal medal

Hi,

Is there any way to judge the proportion of illegal 3dr party application users in air- and ground battles, respectively?

The Extended Replay Service was introduced in order to permit us to send reports for unsportsmanship behaviour or if a person is suspected to use forbidden modifications. I mainly fly (and am therefore used to lots of unsportsmanship behavior in the form of intentional ramming) but I would really like to have examples of what kind of suspicious behaviors pertaining to forbidden modifications that I should look out for in this mode (if any).

Best regards,

//Nem_1

medal medal medal

31 minutes ago, Nemesis_one said:

Hi,

Is there any way to judge the proportion of illegal 3dr party application users in air- and ground battles, respectively?

The Extended Replay Service was introduced in order to permit us to send reports for unsportsmanship behaviour or if a person is suspected to use forbidden modifications. I mainly fly (and am therefore used to lots of unsportsmanship behavior in the form of intentional ramming) but I would really like to have examples of what kind of suspicious behaviors pertaining to forbidden modifications that I should look out for in this mode (if any).

Best regards,

//Nem_1

What proportion do you want to get if amount of cheats is so low that there is a really small chance to meet any noob who use cheats in battle? :)

As we stated above, there is no option to have supernatural power, speed or anything like that. What left? Ability to know where enemy is.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, FLAWERSSAMA said:

gj man, but looks like u missed someone named CCCPUSSR! his realistic match got very high KD!,15 times in Kv1b ,7 times in IS2 , and so on .Please check his game history!

We do not work like that. Good player =/= cheater.

If you think that someone is cheating, all instruction what to do are listed in linked threads and articles.

• Upvote 4