Countermeasures against forbidden modifications.

Scarper

Best answer

There is no need to record and post replays with gameplay of players you suspect for using 3rd party apps. We will appreciate if you report them via server replay functionality on our main website. 

For more information, please check this article.

• 4 weeks later...

From today, 328 additional accounts have been permanently banned for using third-party modifications in violation of the user agreement - use of prohibited modifications. (EULA).

The introduction of the reporting system has again proved key in allowing players to participate in keeping the game clear of players who insist on trying to gain unfair advantage. The modification detection algorithm continues to improve.

List of banned players:

Having an account permanently banned will result in a player losing everything in that account - Be warned! Thank you guys for your vigilance. o7

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

How nice it would be if such cheats could also suffer LEGAL prosecution so that it costs them ACTUAL (REAL) money...

Having recently had some 'Wing Overload Crashes' in my Spit LF IX (with no warning of the imminent wing breakage, and a computer chair which doesn't simulate G-forces :(), could you please confirm if wt-betty is a legal and acceptable add-on?

Edited by Bill1949

32 minutes ago, Bill1949 said:

How nice it would be if such cheats could also suffer LEGAL prosecution so that it costs them ACTUAL (REAL) money...

Having recently had some 'Wing Overload Crashes' in my Spit LF IX (with no warning of the imminent wing breakage, and a computer chair which doesn't simulate G-forces :(), could you please confirm if wt-betty is a legal and acceptable add-on?

Check this thread.

We cannot tell you XYZ modification is legit. Imagine situation, when we will tell you that you are safe to use it, and day after it you (or modification author) will edit the modification and it will start to give you advantage. You will get ban and come back to us saying that we allow to use it, so why you get ban? That's why we uphold what we said in topic mentioned above. Hope it's clear :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I watched a Youtube video of _Cpt_Obv1ous_ cheating noted in the spreadsheet. It was like his name suggests, bloody obvious. How he thought he'd get away with it is insane.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Stona said:

We cannot tell you XYZ modification is legit. Imagine situation, when we will tell you that you are safe to use it, and day after it you (or modification author) will edit the modification and it will start to give you advantage. You will get ban and come back to us saying that we allow to use it, so why you get ban? That's why we uphold what we said in topic mentioned above. Hope it's clear :)

OK. Thx for response @Stona - hadn't actually considered the possibility that an add-on might be modded.

Understood. Think I'll opt NOT to use wt-betty, just in case.....

Considering my Wing Overload Crashes (with no warning of the imminent crash) a few nights ago, do you think that such a feature (G warnings, pre-WingOverloadCrash) will be added officially to War Thunder? It seems very wrong that we can't be made aware of such an imminent danger (or has such an issue been fixed within the last few days or so?). Even if an issue has been fixed, I think we still need an indication of the danger before such a crash occurs.

Many thanks again for prompt response.

Yay!!! My Favorite announcement . . . .the loser parade . . .and what a big haul

Can you please add a column to show which mode the player plays

Great job keeping the game clean  

giphy.gif

Edited by Twisted
medal medal medal medal

It's tricky to fly fo real to fly fo real to fly fo real it's triCKAAAY ……..it's triCKAAAAY

But seriously, Thanks Gaijin for dispensing justice to those accounts, I recently had to spend 5 fraggin' minutes trying to shoot down a P-40 with my Fw190 A-1 WITH TWO CANNONS AND FOUR 7.92 MM GUNS. The thing was not coming down and I came to the conclusion that the plane was hacked. I know they are tough, but this is ridiculous. Sorry but I didn't catch the username.

52 minutes ago, Thorondor_95 said:

The thing was not coming down and I came to the conclusion that the plane was hacked.

No, there is no such modifications that allows you to be indestructible or give you superpowers like super pen ammo, lasers etc. All that is calculated by server.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Twisted said:

Can you please add a column to show which mode the player plays

That would be a a good column to have :good:.

Edited by Bill1949

1 hour ago, Bill1949 said:

That would be a a good column to have :good:.

You can check any player on Warthunder website.

• Like 2

Hey, player "Glandol" just wrote in the German forum that he has been hacked and now banned for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Is there any way he could get his account back? Just wondering as the website post is again just like "What to do if you get hacked? Just don't get hacked" 

Sorry, wrote message 2 times as I accidently logged out

Edited by NoodleCup31
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Not really sure if this is the right thread, but I have noticed  there are some historical reticle mods out there, meaning that the change from the standard game reticle to the actual reticle that the vehicle used.  Are those considered an unauthorised modification?  There were a couple out there that I would like to use but haven't because I am not too sure if they are ok to use or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQXamtGKPo

This is an example of what I am meaning.  Is this a modification that is ok?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Glad people are getting what they deserve, but I just wonder why haven't we added a anti cheat system to the game that scans for things that run through the memory of the game... somthing like easy anti cheat, and a few others. I understand that thies programs are expensive to run on a free to play game but I think you would get more out of it then just the normal reporting system... and with a anti cheat you can have the players in a better state of mind that its not going to be easy at all to cheat, so some players wont lash out and rage because somone hit a "good shot" or is a "good player".

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

20 hours ago, Stona said:

You can check any player on Warthunder website.

Yes you can but that would be really tedious if players wanted to see an overview... 

It would be really interesting to see game mode but also level of the players.

Edited by Maerok
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

During the recent new year solo tank SB tournament i had to fight _19_CaHTuMeTPoB_ and he spent the whole time hiding behind his smokescreen landing accurate shots on me through the smokescreen.

I was wondering if I and the other 3 players who had to verse him get any compensation as victims of crime?

Edited by Blade_Liger_Zero
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Since I don't know what else to do in order to get these people banned and all my reports are ignored I'll just drop here these few examples of what you can observe in the replays from these players:

(...)

Edited by Stona
removed nicknames
medal medal medal medal