Scarper

Countermeasures against forbidden modifications.

Best answer

On 3/20/2017 at 7:39 PM, sarevockk said:

my plane got dragged in a very improbable way straight into the front of the enemy plane making it move to the side in less than 0.5 secs moving like 50 or 70 mts... someone or a moderator ( since someone need to approve this comment) how do i report this suspicious external program or modification? and sorry the bother

If I can just make this clear, it is important to understand - such modifications are simply not possible, it is NOT POSSIBLE to boost your server side footprint (speed, hitting power, defensive power etc), what is possible is that client side info regarding position of opponent etc can be enhanced illegally with third party apps, usually unsuccesfully.

Regardless, if you suspect attempted cheats you should refer to our online reporting system here - http://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/  and use the available reporting system to log the exact game and user it concerns. Please do not spam this functionality with standard frustration and accusations as it will only complicate our current successes and intervention. Be sure it is a legitimate complaint as what is perceived as a cheat will in most cases in standard play siimply be a lucky shot or a situationally aware quaility player.

From today, 280 additional accounts have been permanently banned for using third-party modifications in violation of the user agreement - use of prohibited modifications. (EULA).

The introduction of the reporting system has again proved key in allowing players to participate in keeping the game clear of players who insist on trying to gain unfair advantage. The modification detection algorithm continues to improve.

Having an account permanently banned will result in a player losing everything in that account - Be warned! Thank you guys for your vigilance. o7

List of banned accounts

Spoiler
__DANTE__
__O_C_A__
_AGRESSOR___
_horus_
_Rus7971_
_Sibiryak124
_SoKoL_KeP_
*Prototype-serie1
*shadowmobile1
*thebigb82
Abinex
Agin
Aimmaniac
ALAHUAKBAR1448
AnDrOlEiN
App4u
Askaro_17
assassinkiller43
AtrocityZ
aureliendpz
baba233
Bagira_Style
BARS_NAGIBATOR
BayeDesola
BegbMak
beralex
billyguo32
bmxmadness443
Bo1tik
Bojenka_exe
BotTaNk
bradster27
bumbastyk2016
Butterfly_Master
Ceire_83_69
CEKAC_
Cerberus_14

CGU___Eddy
CHEN__RUO
CHETEROTAMATAO
chicago1974
ChineseFarmers
Cindyazumi
Civite
clone37
CN_BestLord
coolpot1
Corazonchileno1
CowboyEagle
Crawrpod
CRooGGer
Crusio
Curyl
DaffyDaz
DALBAEB_SS
Dangerous153
DatBoy42OMG
Daymon_3
DEA_ANCLANCHAN
dealwithit10
DED_ATHEIST
Dee_Dog_Doug_Whi
Don_Juuan
duilikas
E4_DarthNihilus
Eagle9635
Eddie_NAU
EHSANUDDIN_AHMED
ElFantastique
exe_nN
FairLady
Fgaijin
fivetubo
FlyingWombat21
FreeWilly1329
frenchrektor
Friendly_Slayer
FriendlyGnaw
Full_Stock
Garrus1707
Gelyns_Bane
Genisphere
granit3m45
GreatSoViET
GrILLA
Gucci_guy
Ha0q1
henrik1231
Hessdalen
Hhhhhh233
HotHead134
Hummer_devil
hunttiger
I_am_not_BZ
ibra12212
idgotwrongban
IFWaaaaW888
II_RESPEKT_II
ilyxapiter
InterceptorPrime
IsatisSky
IvaLeoN
j_matheus_BR
Jayahwastaken
jerryboy500
jieff1689
Jinn_Kazzama
JIogaPb
JMoriarty
Juliia97
JungleTim
KaBo0M
Karma1607
KBaC_KaK_TaHK
Kenko95
Kermit_The_Fr0g
King_37MM
klaczeeek
Knifores
kolonist1211
koltraid
KoVAS
KrxX
Kuiper
Kxilon
Kzmyazz
LadyVodka
lavecdysh
Leprykon2
Lexxy_Style
LiebeMunmun
likvidator1991
liltermonkey01
Lokisun2339
LouisUK
M_iHaI_L
m3b1u5
maks1976m
MaLishVodka
MappyZ
mattbissonetteKR
Mazay5436457221
Mazdai_FX
MegaSirOlaf
MemeKingXL
MeraXoXoJI
Merthal
mi311
Micy
Milliam
Mixa_i
MixToy
Moremorte
MrFeeder1337
Mrxiyang
muchalu
Muki55
MuslimAlJasi
mzf777
nast9i123321AN
natlyra
NetzkasterI
Nikolai_Gusev
nmus96
noob_Alfie
o3df2OCBVS
oking1937
OneHit2327
Oof_
oren101
OsamaBenLaDen
Ostap016
Pazen99
pero888
PierdunN
pigheadedfly
Pijus_Videika
Pilot__sa26p
pilya7
Pistachio_Nuts
PL_Hunter
Praxidicity
Proteo01
Pvt_tuskenraider
Qashqai41
Queathel
qwerasdf777
RAKAN999
RAKKASAN2187
Raxxtor
Rein2018
Renamed30542
Renamed73841
ridivaok
Rifk7
rlc8210555
rogerbrunette31
Ronin_00
Rozenhouse
Rus_Kaliber
rusChrome
RUSS_KIlED
Russiankiler
Ruthenic_Goblin
Ryfels
sagittarius31
sailtbee
samogon1965
Samogonhik65
Scoots2101
ScreaMD
Seelzee
Seluberia
SeregaGagarin
SerlaPro
Sesnei
ShiPapa
Shovaa
SirTankAlot
skywalkerkimi
slawek4110
snaiper_tiger
snaiper9000
SonicWaves
Sorvigolova71
SpaSlagZZ
Spkes
starscream84
StarzyHD
Stasnislav_zig
StormCosmos
StormerJack
Surbeatsprod
suszek
suzui
SWATUSMC
Symnz
T3CH91CH13F
Tank_Gurl_Boom
ThaBman
The_Cheif
TheFatMan27

Thing_the_pilot
TigerSZQ
ToastEngine
Torbrand_
ToTheHellAndBack
TrapTrainer
Turbo_D
UNSCarmy
UP_GREID
UrbanFuturistic
usaf_maverick
Vadersotherson
Voilet_Evengaden
VoltzQCiMso
VovaToR
westlot
Windowss
woshizho
woyunnib3
wpe11
Wsenikizanyati
wszdfy4
wszmxzs
wtpro001
Wutar
x7758258
Xcom
xXGoku420Xx
Yoostave
Yoshimmitsu
yurivw2
Zadeak
Zelatur85
ZiGD
ZOPELI4489
zuluz11
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Fgaijin

Lol that name didn't last long:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I recognize several of these names. The best part is these people absolutely sucked at this game even when using cheats.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

That is quite a list!

Is it so hard to follow rules and play fair?:D

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Plyssen said:

i love the public shaming XD 

Me too. Yet again the cheaters have been washed ashore by the ban waves. Good job Gaijin!

• Like 1

This good that you ban people and type their names so other can see who is unfair enemy. I hope that such treatment from you towards such players will be continued and such players will start to behave. Well Done, Gaijin.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, ABT653 said:

The best part is when you recognize one of the names on the list :D

One? How about 5 or 6?

These guys are sometimes so obvious in their cheating that they make me laugh. I'll never understand their motivation though. Especially in AB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
medal medal

My highlight of the "Project News" section:)

Edited by yourdonefor

Every time I see this post its like scariest day in my life to see in banned name list my own name, but speaking of unallowed modifications, War Thunder has made a decent Anti-cheat system its not active type(banning in game instantly) but passive meaning that WT team is collecting data about your game also collecting data about that player WT client file integrity, if player hooks modification to client files(meaning that it intercept WT data and reads it, so you usually in WT team watch list, but if anyone smart enough would make modification as secondary .exe and it work like overlay without touching WT stored memory data and read it like AV(Anti-virus) well then we have major problem, since such cheater would almost impossible to catch, but until now WT team has easy life of detecting cheaters :D Anyways good job and have nice day!

• Like 3
medal

It would be nice if one day we could cut this problem at the roots. Cant Gaijin take legal actions towards the shady forum disturbers that are spreading these hacks? 

• Upvote 1

I think its a good idea to post the names on the site here...

But what I think would be more interesting, would be if you could post some statistics on the average player levelof the banned accounts. 

Is the tendency that these accounts using illegal mods are relatively new accounts (below 20 player level) or older accounts (+50 player level). 

if they turn out to be mostly new accounts, the awareness of that amoung the community would likely make people more inclined to think twice before reporting various high level accounts for simply outplaying someone ("must be hacks"  - This would hopefully reduce the amount of invalid reporting (thereby allowing for more resources to be available to find the actual hackers)
On the other hand, if it turns out that many of the accounts are higher level accounts, and then again, the community being aware of that could make other players more "on their toes"/alert, increasing the likelihood of people spotting and reporting the hackers.

Therefore whatever the results lot of those statistics show, publishing them to the community is a win-win for everybody.

- Thanks for taking the time to read through my post - See to in the sky, Xtanol.

Edited by Xtanol
removed picture, in case that was the reason it wasn't being approved by mods.
medal medal medal medal

I'm quit curious:

1) What "buck" is this cheating system which so many people are tempted to use it ? Is it the Eve's Apple ? 

2) Just this year ~1000  guys were banned! And we are still in April!  Are we going to run out of players ?

Fair Play and Fun!

medal medal

Love it! 

Great work Gaijin!

All this Mega Mod, Gold Ammunition and Cheating xxxx, was the reason, why i switched to WT instead of WoT.

And exactly because of this, and uncountable hours of good time, i'm supporting Gaijing. Keep your way!

medal

Just out of curiosity. How high are the banned accounts in level? Typically, average, max...? I'm wondering whether there are players at high level dumb enough to risk their account?

Also, what sort of battles do they tend to play? AB, RB, SB; air or mixed?

Anyway, thanks for removing cheaters!

Stona (Posted )

You can go to the main page, select Search Player option and check by yourself :)
  • Upvote 1

It's quite tricky for someone to shoot through the wall, without aiming and hitting a vital spot in front of the tank. Take into consideration that I'm talking about killing a Sherman Jumbo. Now is to wait if Gaijin will take action or let go! Reported it was!

medal medal medal medal medal

From today, 170 additional accounts have been permanently banned for using third-party modifications in violation of the user agreement - use of prohibited modifications. (EULA).

The introduction of the reporting system has again proved key in allowing players to participate in keeping the game clear of players who insist on trying to gain unfair advantage. The modification detection algorithm continues to improve.

Having an account permanently banned will result in a player losing everything in that account - Be warned! Thank you guys for your vigilance. o7

List of banned accounts

X - Unblocked - 2FA not active, account Stolen and used illegally.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 4